Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 00:14   #2281
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupkrverma View Post

1. @Randhawa ::: The problem with the centre stand came to my bike last week. The extra sheet of metal that u mentioned in one of your post is absent.
So if this feature was added on new bikes then, is my bike an assemble of old chasis ?

4. The plastic pads on tank are not in symmetry. one pasted 2 inch higher than other. Seems to be awkward whenever it catches attention.
Can something be done about it.
Hi Anup

I don't have much information about the tyre pressure but the best that I can suggest is to go by the manual and what the workshop people tell you.

I hope all the issues that you had written in the above post have been solved by now. While browsing through this thread a found a post by Randhawa which might be of importance to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Good news for Classic Owners on center stand issue.

Now what was wrong initially- The bracket of center stand which is welded on to chassis was not strong enough to tolerate the weight of the bike+ rider when on stand. It was twisting a bit and creating a tilt down words resulting in center stand moving forward and not going back to its desired height.Attachment 284139

I am quite happy to say that RE has acted very swiftly and done the right thing to make some changes to the stand bracket.I didn't realize the changes which they have already done it on TBTS and Classic till today.

What has been modified. If you look at the first picture, you will see the empty short space marked with red boxes. It was a week point for the stand holding bracket. The pressure points were the welding joints of the stand bracket which hardly had any support.

To counter the weak point, RE has added two small pieces of metal to provide it more support and strengthened the center stand bracket. As shown in 2 picture with red boxes. You can compare booth the pictures and see yourself the changes.Attachment 284140

Who has been effected If your center stand frames look like the first picture then you are effected but not necessarily. IF your rear tyre is not touching the ground or you do not have any difficulty in taking your bike off the stand then don't bother. You will be just fine if you take care that no soul sits on your bebe while she is resting on center stand.

Is there any help for effected one?-Yes. RE has redesigned or should I say made a small adjustment on the center stand to help our panicking souls. I am again happy that what they had done is exactly I was going to do to my stand as I did not wanted any modification on the chassis.Attachment 284142

If you look at the third picture, you will see a pin on the stand. If you raise that pin around 3-4mm upwards then your bike's posture will be as good as new, Kapish.
As it is better not to fiddle with the chassis, you can check if you have the improved center stand and get it replaced from the workshop if needed.

As for the plastic pads, you can ask the workshop people to adjust/replace it. The pad might need to be removed, the old adhesive cleaned and a new pad stuck at the right place. Cheers!
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 00:58   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Have a few queries
1)Have you guys faced any GC related trouble while riding on bad roads?
135mm looks too less-at least on paper.

2)Also i have a upswept exhaust on mine,how difficult or easy it is to dismantle the rear tyre?

3)I am using single seat as of now,once i mount the rear seat,will the paint\chrome on rear mudguard get damaged?
Old 31st December 2011, 07:55   #2283
BHPian

My bike engine dies and I get this grinding/crushing sound like the clutch has slipped out of place or something when I brake hard. This is quite terrifying and I am at a loss as to why it is happening. I did a search on this forum and others to find others who talk about the engine shutting off on hard breaking too (not falling or tilting to activate the sensor).

Can anyone shed light on this?
Old 31st December 2011, 12:04   #2284
BHPian

adises, the first light i will shed is "take it to the service center". get a diagnostic done and post whatever feed back you get. this way we could give you informed feedback.

right now as is, let me shed light: either your crank could have failed, the piston could have seized, the gearbox could be broken, brake rotor could be damaged, engine bearing could be broken ......
Old 31st December 2011, 23:00   #2285
BHPian

good sound for a c5.
Old 1st January 2012, 18:03   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Have a few queries
3)I am using single seat as of now,once i mount the rear seat,will the paint\chrome on rear mudguard get damaged?
Very Easy to replace the seat. Nothing will get scratched. I used to remove the seat quite frequently.

And good to see this thread is going as strong as it was a year ago.
Old 1st January 2012, 20:07   #2287
Senior - BHPian

My previous machismo never had this problem,but the headlight seems to be lighting up the moon,took it to dealer,they said,it cant be adjusted and they replaced the headlamp instead without me requesting for it.
This one is better,but i think high beam still has some scope for adjustment.

Also-what is the correct time to fill up fuel-low fuel indicator seems funny as it comes on during hard braking or on bad roads-due to dancing fuel inside the tank.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:56   #2288
BHPian

Hi to all
I know this thread will be viewed by many potential buyers who are confused about the everlasting debate of CI vs UCE, soul pleasing thump vs peace and reliability of UCE.
I stumbled upon a good piece of essay, I hope will help us all.

Royal Enfield Unit Construction(UCE) Engine vs Royal Enfield Cast Iron (CI) Engine! | IndianCarsBikes.in
anupkrverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 05:31   #2289
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting read although the author in several places mentions self adjusting cam gears which eliminate the need to adjust the backlash in the UCE.

While these may exist on the 350cc Indian Royal Enfield UCE's, the Service Manual and the Illustrated Parts List for my American import 500cc Bullet both clearly show an item 19 which is the eccentric for adjusting the cam gear backlash.

The Service Manual also has a small section describing the method to be used to adjust the gear backlash and the torque value needed to tighten the cam spindle nuts.

There were also a few statements made that I don't agree with but the conclusions the author reached about these various things was totally correct.

Basically, the UCE engine and transmission is a improvement over both the iron barrels and the AVL engines in all regards.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:43   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Classic prices have been increased by 5.4K-this is what Local RE guy told me yesterday.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:54   #2291
BHPian

@ARIZONAJIM : I agree with u on the points u have stated. But I think the 500s have superior methodology as compared to 350 cc. So the results should only be better.

Anyway, the article is to elaborate the superiority of UCEs to CIs.
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:38   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Classic prices have been increased by 5.4K-this is what Local RE guy told me yesterday.
OK, that means the information was correct, the RE guy told me in december itself that prices might increase, I have to pay this premium for 2012 model
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:43   #2293
BHPian

Hi everyone, check this link out Found it accidentally while browsing.
http://royal-enfield.fr/Pages/mot-de...ORT-Manual.pdf

Last edited by adrian : 3rd January 2012 at 20:45.
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:36   #2294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it 5.4K across the variants or for a specific model?
Old 4th January 2012, 00:40   #2295
BHPian

When I had gone in October along with my friend to check out their rides, prices had been jacked up across all models. Have they raised it again this month???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks