Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 11:50   #1801
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoghe View Post
What a simple solution. I guess I am not able to think straight in all this excitement. They should already have it but I'll once again give them a call at 10:00 am to confirm.
Did you manage to get the bike? Or is it still in transit? How was the payment made? Can you give more details please?

I booked mine with Teknik in Feb and am still waiting. The last I called in July, I was told I was still 62nd on the waiting list.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:41   #1802
BHPian

Hey folks, one silly question.. Can i fix a rear crash guard in my CL500? Eventhough it looks odd at times, it can be very helpful during a crash.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-crashguard-rear-re.jpg  

Old 26th September 2011, 13:47   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Hey folks, one silly question.. Can i fix a rear crash guard in my CL500? Eventhough it looks odd at times, it can be very helpful during a crash.

Hi Arun,

I had fit rear crash guard on my classic 500. Should be useful during a crash no doubt. Though I quite often used to brush the rear crash guard against other bikes, cars, posts etc. It took some time for me to get the judgement right.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:00   #1804
BHPian

@Randhawa, Great to see you back on the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoghe View Post
Thanks to Randhawa, my wait time is about to be reduced from 8 - 10 months to 8 - 10 days. Super excited to be in the last leg of waiting period.
Congrats Smoghe, you've just re-ignited the desire and given a whole new approach to the thought of owning your own C500 with a short wait

Please tell us how did you go about with the booking? How about the Registration - will it be registered in Chandigarh and then re-registered in Karnataka? What about the free service for the first 1yr or 10000kms can this be done in any RE Service Centers?

Hi All,

I was at the RE Brand Store over the weekend and got to know that the Chrome Classic 500 bookings will be starting in about two weeks as they are expecting the display models to be available by this week or the next.

However the wait period will almost be about 10-12 months!

Anyways without leaving any choice or hopes I still left the place happily coz I was taking their C500 Test Drive bike for the weekend Thanks to their Experiential Ride that they offer for those who have booked their C500's

Had the best weekend ever riding the bull for the first time after the test drive. Just managed to do about 200kms in the day and loved every bit of it. Everyone in the family including my 3yr old son would just not want to stop going on rides on the C500. Yesterday is when everyone in the family realized why we go head of heels for these RE Bulls and especially the C500. They suddenly seemed to be more in a hurry to see me own one and were brainstorming all possible means to source one soon

Worst was this morning lost sleep by about 6am thinking about having to return it back and with a heavy heart went to the Brand Store and returned it back.

By the way from having read the entire thread from Pg 1 to Pg 121, I was always under the impression that C500 is for long rides. Only when I actually rode in strenuous traffic conditions, I realized this is meant even for the city daily commute. It just helps you cut through traffic like crazy, the moment people hear the loud thump they just give way to have a look at the Bull and you can just keep revving!

Now the desperation to own one has just increased two fold, hope I can go through the same route taken by "SMOGHE" and have my own C500 soon!

Until then envying the rest of you!

Cheers,
si1ver0ne

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th September 2011 at 15:28. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 15:12   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor
Hey folks, one silly question..
hi, so you're done with rest mods tank top grill, gear pedal etc?

For a short period i had those mostly as visual "wide-bike-stay-clear" deterrent having fed up of idiots hitting rear pegs. Took them off soon- it vibrates bad, a good tug on them/ fall would have all load on top suspension mount- a warp/ bend wont let your tyres be in line.

Best would be to replicate the old 'rigid' foot pegs. Folding pegs- another creative mod from clumsy RE chaps!

EDIT:

Can some one pl say if the front foot pegs are equally spaced from bikes center line?
Last of pre-unit's were upto 3" off.

Last edited by Rennjit : 26th September 2011 at 15:20. Reason: :-)
Old 26th September 2011, 15:25   #1806

@ Randhawa
when we say "Comfortable cruising speed is anything between 90-115", for clarification sake does that necessarily mean that the RE would get shaky at relatively low speeds? As low as 45-55-65? How is the ride at those speeds?
Old 26th September 2011, 16:34   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehansid View Post
@ Randhawa
when we say "Comfortable cruising speed is anything between 90-115", for clarification sake does that necessarily mean that the RE would get shaky at relatively low speeds? As low as 45-55-65? How is the ride at those speeds?
Under 70 you would feel the thump and no shakiness. Above 80 you will get a muted thump with the longer exhaust.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 17:05   #1808
BHPian

@nareshtrao
@si1ver0ne

Randhawa helped me out (big time) by picking a smooth bike for me from the available lot - can you believe it they have a choice back there in Chandigarh. I made the payment to the dealers HDFC account today including registration, courier charges etc. The bike will be registered tomorrow before they dispatch it using Gati couriers. The bike will be registered in Chandigarh as the dealer cannot ship it out without a complete registration. I hope to receive this bike in a weeks time.

Based on my understanding of the law, I can drive the bike trouble free in Bangalore for a year before re-registering the bike in Bangalore. I also have the option of waiting till I get pulled-up for the first time for a non-Karnataka registration and then get challaned for the Karnataka tax and pay that. I went to the Koramangala RTO to check on what the re-registration cost is. It is quite steep in Bangalore - 13.32% of the Invoice value. Since the vehicle is under 2 years old, I will have to pay 93% of the above value. This would roughly be Rs. 17000 - give or take a few hundred.

As far as the service schedule goes, I believe that the free service should hold good across India and not be tied to a dealership. That is how it worked the vehicles that I have purchased earlier.

Honestly, I am guilty of being completely obsessed with the thought of owning this bike for the past month. Hence when I saw my chance of getting it, I just jumped on it without a second thought.

Hope this helps.
smoghe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 18:16   #1809
BHPian

WOW !!! I am happy for you. Perhaps I should also try the same. I have been following up with Teknik for the last few months for a booking I made in February with no luck. Their callousness and apathy makes me want to dump the booking and buy something else.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:31   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
WOW !!! I am happy for you. Perhaps I should also try the same. I have been following up with Teknik for the last few months for a booking I made in February with no luck. Their callousness and apathy makes me want to dump the booking and buy something else.
Is Teknik that bad? Coz I've booked my C500 in July'11 and was told that I'll get an update in Jan'12. But from RE Brand Store I got to know that from this month the waiting period has moved to 10 months and will have an impact on the previous orders as well so I can expect mine only in April or May'12

Is it coz the Classic Chrome is getting launched soon and they will be using the same chasis, engine except for the color scheme?
Old 26th September 2011, 18:42   #1811
BHPian

@ Guru Randhawa..

Have you explored the feasibility of fitting a rear disk break on the C5? Will that be a good idea..?
Old 26th September 2011, 18:45   #1812
BHPian

Randhawa is a Great Guy !!
Old 26th September 2011, 19:00   #1813
BHPian

@nareshtrao
I hope to receive the bike by 3rd or 04th of Oct. If you are planning on doing what I did, then I would suggest that you wait till I get the bike and figure out if there are additional steps in order to drive it freely in Bangalore. Now I can afford to preach the virtues of patience . Besides the last I checked with Teknik they were servicing the Jan 2011 orders, so yours would be around the corner. I pass that road everyday and within the last one week I have been seeing more new bikes coming in (with the protective wrapping) - so hold on buddy, RE willing you shall get your bike soon.
smoghe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 19:07   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey
Randhawa is a Great Guy !!
Hear hear!
(I always wanted to say that - one of the many phrases from English language that I simply read but never used )
Old 26th September 2011, 20:45   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Is Teknik that bad? Coz I've booked my C500 in July'11 and was told that I'll get an update in Jan'12. But from RE Brand Store I got to know that from this month the waiting period has moved to 10 months and will have an impact on the previous orders as well so I can expect mine only in April or May'12

Is it coz the Classic Chrome is getting launched soon and they will be using the same chasis, engine except for the color scheme?
Quite worse. Each time I call, the person who picks up the call wants to know all the details, booking date, color of the bike etc. etc. and then puts on hold and someone else turns up after 10 mins. In the meantime you can hear all the cacophony in the background. Almost always a poor lady comes on line and I end up explaining all over again. At the end she tells me that Black is a rare color and I will hear from them in a month. That one month story has been going on since May/Jun.

I have been repeating this cycle since May and the drill has not changed since then. Even Govt. Offices behave better. I can vouch for that. My experience in RTO last year for a transfer of my car without paying a bribe was a million times better.

Today I was told that i will definitely get a call in October. I hope so too..

I also hope that Enfield Management knows what they are cultivating across the country. Unless this is a an anomaly.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks