Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:35   #1621
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nims View Post
i genuinely wish you are wrong on that one. i had booked my second c5 green and its due next week. crossing my fingers here.
Today i was again informed from the RE and not the dealer that I might get it this month. Who to beleive, waiting

Dr.Jones
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:14   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Loving the new remapped UCE 500

Took an opportunity to test ride the upcoming new variants of UCE 500 Electra/Std with remapped ECU.

All I can say is WOW Kudos to RE for accomplishing the remapping but only if they would have listen to us in beginning and done this earlier then they would have not spoiled their reputation of C5 EFI.

For those who wanted Carb instead of EFI due to the rich mix issue along with all the hesitation/misfiring/jerking can rest their demons now. After riding the remapped UCE 500, I will not even dream to suggest either RE or UCE 500 potential buyers to go for carb or want a carb on 500. We finally got what the UCE 500 always deserved or lacked to make it a Gem of a bike.

I just cant wait to get the newer version ECU now. I just hope RE gives exactly the same remapping from the version I did the test ride on as they had 3-4 remapped versions and after initial trials by fellow bulleteers they will choose one map for production.

Listing just few points on Electra 500
1. Dream to ride at 40km/hr in 5 gear without lugging, RE has played around with front sprocket to get the results and obviously ECU helped.
2. Top end less then C5
3. White piping on rear seat.
4. Avon rear tyre, awesome grip but I suggested RE MR team to go a little wider
5. Did not liked the handle bar as it was to straight, felt too much pressure on the palms.
6 Skinny rear view mirror stem just like the ones on new C5, RE has made the mirror stem skinny to reduce vibration but actually it has resulted in more vibrations. I am glad I have the fatter ones.
7. Side stand protruding length has been shortened as on new Classic which is again a bad design as it does not provide enough surface area for stable parking, again I love my wider side stand. I did mentioned it to RE.
8. Felt the seat to be a bit high as I am 5.8 and I could hardly manage to keep booth the feet completely down.
9. Very stable at all speeds and turns.
10. I think they have again balanced the crank as it is even more smooth then the present C5. Vibrations don't creep up till 120. On the newer production ones, vibrations starts at 115, so just a wee bit smoother for another 5.
11. Gear shifting was way to precise and smooth for a bike run just 85km on odo.

These were test bikes so they must have got some dearly love from RE and personal attention. I believe they will change few things before they finally release these in market and depending upon feedback from riders and demand they might release 500 in carb. As they have everything ready, booth the carb setup and EFI.

This is a brief review on 500 UCE Electra/Std as I am a bit preoccupied and do apologise for not being around lately. I will get back on here and reply to your queries soon.

For TBTS lovers- Hang on till end of this year or early next year to fall in love again500cc + overdue bonus from RE and complete makeover.

Last edited by Randhawa : 3rd May 2011 at 23:17.
Randhawa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:59   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Very Interesting news Sanjeet!! Very happy that my wait has made sense.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:27   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Right when all hope seemed lost, RE pulls one out of the hat!

Looking forward to a test drive soon. When do the new ECUs hit the showroom?
Old 4th May 2011, 11:50   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

Took an opportunity to test ride the upcoming new variants of UCE 500 Electra/Std with remapped ECU.

All I can say is WOW Kudos to RE for accomplishing the remapping but only if they would have listen to us in beginning and done this earlier then they would have not spoiled their reputation of C5 EFI.

For those who wanted Carb instead of EFI due to the rich mix issue along with all the hesitation/misfiring/jerking can rest their demons now. After riding the remapped UCE 500, I will not even dream to suggest either RE or UCE 500 potential buyers to go for carb or want a carb on 500. We finally got what the UCE 500 always deserved or lacked to make it a Gem of a bike.

this might sound stupid, but from where can i get my C5 remapped. All the authorised service providers in Mumbai are just glorified street mechanics. They can do good work on the old bull, but on the c5 they are simply stumped.

I am actually wary of giving my c5 for servicing, as none of the issues I have asked them to sort, they have been able to.

Let us know.

cheers,
ac
Old 4th May 2011, 12:21   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

I just cant wait to get the newer version ECU now. I just hope RE gives exactly the same remapping from the version I did the test ride on as they had 3-4 remapped versions and after initial trials by fellow bulleteers they will choose one map for production.

Listing just few points on Electra 500
1. Dream to ride at 40km/hr in 5 gear without lugging, RE has played around with front sprocket to get the results and obviously ECU helped.
2. Top end less then C5
3. White piping on rear seat.
4. Avon rear tyre, awesome grip but I suggested RE MR team to go a little wider
5. Did not liked the handle bar as it was to straight, felt too much pressure on the palms.
6 Skinny rear view mirror stem just like the ones on new C5, RE has made the mirror stem skinny to reduce vibration but actually it has resulted in more vibrations. I am glad I have the fatter ones.
7. Side stand protruding length has been shortened as on new Classic which is again a bad design as it does not provide enough surface area for stable parking, again I love my wider side stand. I did mentioned it to RE.
8. Felt the seat to be a bit high as I am 5.8 and I could hardly manage to keep booth the feet completely down.
9. Very stable at all speeds and turns.
10. I think they have again balanced the crank as it is even more smooth then the present C5. Vibrations don't creep up till 120. On the newer production ones, vibrations starts at 115, so just a wee bit smoother for another 5.
11. Gear shifting was way to precise and smooth for a bike run just 85km on odo.

These were test bikes so they must have got some dearly love from RE and personal attention. I believe they will change few things before they finally release these in market and depending upon feedback from riders and demand they might release 500 in carb. As they have everything ready, booth the carb setup and EFI.

This is a brief review on 500 UCE Electra/Std as I am a bit preoccupied and do apologise for not being around lately. I will get back on here and reply to your queries soon.

For TBTS lovers- Hang on till end of this year or early next year to fall in love again500cc + overdue bonus from RE and complete makeover.
So Mr Randhawa, then shouldn't I wait for the remapped CL 500 or the Electra 500 ? When are they expected to hit the market ?
Dr.Jones
Old 4th May 2011, 12:48   #1627
BHPian

@ Randhawa Very pleased to read your feedback on the new Electra 500.

However these findings make me recall my experience with my C5 when it was spanking new. It was a dream bike, did not hesitate, did not vibrate until over 120 kph (which was a very pleasant surprise for me), did not shake its rear until over 130 kph. However in real world things change.

I am not saying there may not be above mentioned improvements on the newer versions, but we will have to see how these perform in the real world, and how consitent they remain as the miles add on the odometer.

By the way, I still do not understand why would anybody want to ride a bike on low speeds in the highest gear...............!! What are gears meant for ??
Old 4th May 2011, 15:04   #1628
BHPian

I just asked Vadodara Dealer Mr. Ravi if UCE 500 Electra/Std have come to vadodara for trials he said no. I told him they have gone to Delhi and Punjab then he said yes because as compared to other states the sales of Electra/Std are more in Delhi, Punjab and Haryana that is why they have gone there.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:09   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
waaaw!! Sounds too good to believe.

I wish RE would recall the sold C5s to remap the ECU. I dont mind getting it done even if it comes at a moderate price.

Or even an exchange offer by RE would just be fine. Get your old bike and take the new and improved one by paying 10k extra.
Old 4th May 2011, 19:14   #1630
BHPian

Nasir your comment again goes to show how exploitable we are as consumers. After paying 1.5 lacs we are willing to pay another 10k for remapping the ECU !! I think a more moderate figure would be 1 k, for courier, remapping and fitting........! Although this is not obligatory for a company to provide the upgrades to older models, but we must not forget that our REs are not techincally road worthy, due to the oscillation problem........one of us (I think Rajith from Banglore) has taken up this matter to such a level that his bike has been recalled for a permanent solution. My only question is why should only one customer get this preferrential treatment. If we join on single forum, we can have our say,,,,,,,,,,way beyond we think we are capable of, and with a result at that. Think about it.
Old 4th May 2011, 21:05   #1631
BHPian

Could someone please post the email address of the Regional Service Manager for Chennai\Tamilnadu?

I am having serious electrical issues which the service station refuses to deal with.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:44   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Could someone please post the email address of the Regional Service Manager for Chennai\Tamilnadu?

I am having serious electrical issues which the service station refuses to deal with.
Check your Gmail. I've just sent you a rambling chat log of a conversation I had with you while you were obviously offline
Old 4th May 2011, 23:09   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Nasir After paying 1.5 lacs we are willing to pay another 10k for remapping the ECU !! I think a more moderate figure would be 1 k, for courier, remapping and fitting........!

I believe he was offering 10k for an exchange with a brand new C5
Old 5th May 2011, 04:42   #1634
BHPian

@ Randhawa - you are a life saver my man,i just jumped out my seat hearing this news,now i can go and irritate the service center here and ask for a ECU remap,I know it wouldnt be easy..but if RE is working on it..I think paying a whopping price and not treated well would be a disgrace.

@ bradhey :- I totally agree with u there buddy,If RE looks into only people who esclate their issue to the highest level then looking into the problems...it is not fair,we as consumer have the right to resolve our issues with the product we purchase,and by paying any extra amount to that what we have already paid would be senseless,we are again at a bargain here,yes a nominal amount can be considered,also for the fact that majority of the issues reported are faced my all.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:29   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nasir your comment again goes to show how exploitable we are as consumers. After paying 1.5 lacs we are willing to pay another 10k for remapping the ECU !!
no, no!! 10 for exchanging my C5 with a new and improved one. wishful thinking!! I am not going pay more then 500 bucks for remapping of ECU. As it is, i think all of us have spent enough for the C5.

Was at the service center at brand store, bangalore today. Some guys from R&D head office were there holding some meeting and taking pics of spark plug from some C5s. On asking, they said they were doing some research work on the C5 plug sooting. almost 2 yrs since the launch and still they are struggling. They also said that Thunderbird 500 with rear disc brake may hit the market soon. Also 500 with electra and machismo variant are in pipeline. What the point of launching so many new variants if u cant get the basics right??

Quote:
I totally agree with u there buddy,If RE looks into only people who esclate their issue to the highest level then looking into the problems...it is not fair,we as consumer have the right to resolve our issues with the product we purchase,and by paying any extra amount to that what we have already paid would be senseless,we are again at a bargain here,yes a nominal amount can be considered,also for the fact that majority of the issues reported are faced my all.
unless we escalate the issue, how will they know there is a problem?? Lets all make it a point to send regular emails to RE and EICHER customer support, sharing our issues and demanding solutions. I am sure they will do something. As far as my experience goes, the mails to RE does work.

customerservice@royalenfield.com

reach@eicher.co.in

Last edited by nasirkaka : 5th May 2011 at 12:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks