Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 19:00   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

@ Bradhey:

I think the only thing i have not tired is the Bosch platinum. I have been running on NGKs so far, but i have heard a lot of good things about this Bosch platinum. Is it just the primary plug we have to change? could you share the model no? will give it a shot and see if its of any help.
Old 16th April 2011, 09:35   #1577
BHPian

hi folks,
sorry after a long time.Hi randhawa, buddy they're still not accepting their fault and giving theories such as jasmine effect etc for missing problem.My local mechanics are going to try converting dealer's CL500 into carburetter system if its feasable i wll also plan to opt so.The story of missing and missfiring is been published in autocar's magazine april issue.
Yesterday i just went to for TD for Kawasaki Ninja and was horrified to hear that company is not giving any single warranty with unit and the first service costs around 1200 inr.
Old 16th April 2011, 14:56   #1578
BHPian

Guys,
please post if someone has any concrete news on the release of the UCE 500 platform with carburetor (Standard and Chrome 500??) or if RE is going to do anything about the FI of the Classic 500...

Am keen to go in for the Classic but am waiting for the problems to get sorted out. Am not considering the 350 UCE as I owned the LB500 before this and now I find the 350 slightly underpowered.

Don't own a bike right now. Am using a friend's old 350 standard. Have booked a CBR250 but somehow my heart still leans towards the Bull.
Old 17th April 2011, 11:04   #1579
BHPian

RE has filed a UCE 500 carbureted version for clearance with a RTO office (in an unspecified state). When will they be coming out with it and on which platform is still a mystery that only few people know at RE.
Old 17th April 2011, 19:21   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
INFACT the C5 uses DENSO make starter motor.
But i guess its the sytem (in which the denso is just a sub-system), which is not up to the mark.

If you are around 5'9", weigh around 70-80 kgs, normal built - RD 350.
You got it right,thanks man!
Old 18th April 2011, 09:34   #1581
BHPian

hi,
i came accross some observation which may hypothetical or true.I got my bike head replaced where i fueled up with xtrapremium petrol which costed me 66rs/ltr the average which settled was to 24 kms/ltrs.The only thing which was improved was the carbon deposition on sparkplugs it was less comparitively,whereas later i filled up the normal petrol and average which i got was 22kms/ltrs.The key difference was in latter the cabon deposition was more soothe. ECU which is been equipped in our bike is not able to burn our normal fuel properly as a brisk talk with RE engineer i came accross few things which were shocking-
1)Only o2 sensors are been eliminated from ECU connection,no further tuning for it in india
2)we are been equipped with same ECU tunning which is been exported to USA and UK(note the octane content is much better in those countries where fuel can be combusted easily)
So according to their conclusion they fuel is not been properly combusted which is the reason we are lacking proper average and carbon deposition issue which is linked with missing issue.
They have coiled a new term "Jasmine effect" which is prominent in northen territory which is the main reason for missing issue(due to cold weather,strictly according to them)
As per now they comed up with nothing concrete solutions and just doing experiments on our vehicles.
Old 18th April 2011, 10:48   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
@ Bradhey:

I think the only thing i have not tired is the Bosch platinum. I have been running on NGKs so far, but i have heard a lot of good things about this Bosch platinum. Is it just the primary plug we have to change? could you share the model no? will give it a shot and see if its of any help.
Dear Nasirkaka,
Yesterday I got the time to check out the new plug. It's called Bosch Platinum WR8DP. This is a single platinum electrode plug. The engineer advised me that this plug must be cleaned very gently, preferrably with a tooth brush or petrol if the need be (although it will not generally require cleaning). I think he was correct, because the plug was absolutely spanking clean, and free of carbon deposit, except on the plug rim and the metal thing that leans over the tip of the plug.

My finding is that this plug shows noticeable difference in the "reaction time" of the bike when you suddenly open the throttle and it has also reduced the jerking problem to a great extent, if not eliminated it completely.

Visit the following link to know more about this technology

Last edited by bradhey : 18th April 2011 at 10:52.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:30   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I got the time to check out the new plug. It's called Bosch Platinum WR8DP. This is a single platinum electrode plug. The engineer advised me that this plug must be cleaned very gently, preferrably with a tooth brush or petrol if the need be (although it will not generally require cleaning). I think he was correct, because the plug was absolutely spanking clean, and free of carbon deposit, except on the plug rim and the metal thing that leans over the tip of the plug.

My finding is that this plug shows noticeable difference in the "reaction time" of the bike when you suddenly open the throttle and it has also reduced the jerking problem to a great extent, if not eliminated it completely.

Visit the following link to know more about this technology
Thanks for the Info. How much does it cost?

Yesterday, the ES of my bike went kaput. On pressing the button, there was not cranking of engine, just a palin whizzing sound. Somehow managed to kick start the bike and reach home. Tried to ES again but no effect. Today morning, when i tried the ES again, the bike started as usual. Took the bike to Excide outlet and got the battery checked. Everything was fine. Electrolyte leval was ok, charge was ok, and the battery was charging fine.

Went directly to the service centre from the Excide shop and discussed the issues. They said it could be some loose electricals somewhere, and they asked me to leave the bike there.

While i was there, i also discussed the jerking issues, and asked them to clean the EFI, if they could. They said EFI does not get dirty/clogged as there are two filters before the petrol reached the Fi. I told them that it could get dirty/clogged because of the dust from air. They said they will look in to it, i insisted on opening the whole damn thing and cleaning it once. I doubt they will do it.

I also enquired about this new platinum plug to which they said they got just 4 nos from RE. They said they can source them locally, so i asked them to do that, and install it on the bike. Lets see if it makes any visible difference after i get the bike.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:32   #1584
BHPian

@NASIRKAKA

They were demanding Rs. 250 for the new plug, but when I insisted that it should be changed in warranty, so I got it free, but they did keep my old plug, which was quite good as well. Its porcelain tip used to be the correct tan colour, as expected from a healthy Air fuel ratio.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:02   #1585
BHPian

hi,
i request everyone in this thread who genuinely have missing problem in their bike pls come forward and call this guy S.S.Ghisad(+919819478902) and acknowledge him about this problem as according to him its only certain people with northen territory facing the problem.When i spoke with him yesterday,he rudely said we dont have solution as per now and its only fewer people facing the problem and if you can lie a bit, acknowledge him with my name as "pratik shah gave your number".Ive already got article published in autocar magazine related to this problem and will atleast create some pain in company's a** as its not 40-50k its 143K guys if you can help me please i'll be really thankful.Randhawa boss i also request you that if you can call up.If anyone in chennai can get me the headoffice address and number as iam planning again to send a legal notice with final ultimatum.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:27   #1586
Senior - BHPian

@ randhawa:

Long time no see! hope all is well at your end.
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:16   #1587
BHPian

Hello Pals,

I have purchased a set of std swing arm bush for getting the C5 bush replaced.
However a little unsure if this would be the right thing to do,in other words fiddle with company settings.
Would be going tomorrow to get the operation done along with the 4th service.
I need some of yours suggestion in this direction,off course with Randhawa's to the point guidance.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:38   #1588
BHPian

Can someone post some close-up pics of the old metal chain cover? I mean the inside portion where the cover is closest to the rear tyre. I hate the present plastic one. It surely spoils the classic looks. I just want to make sure whether the old metal one will touch the new 120 section rear or not. Otherwise, i'll be changing to the metal one for sure.
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:49   #1589
BHPian

Something weird happened today. I was on a usual inside-the-city ride, riding on a light throttle, not hard at all. At an intersection, I slowed down and shifted down. When I opened the throttle, there was a pop and the air filter box blew open. I stopped and tried to close the box, but the key would simply not fit into the lock. Anybody experienced something like this on their C5?

BTW, my C5 run just about 800 kms.
Old 24th April 2011, 17:09   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
Something weird happened today. I was on a usual inside-the-city ride, riding on a light throttle, not hard at all. At an intersection, I slowed down and shifted down. When I opened the throttle, there was a pop and the air filter box blew open. I stopped and tried to close the box, but the key would simply not fit into the lock. Anybody experienced something like this on their C5?

BTW, my C5 run just about 800 kms.

On a recent ride,even my C5's air filter box blew open so badly that even the lock had broken.
I wonder how cheap products have been brought to use while building C5.
Luckily had one string at that hour of night,to tie the filter box cover.
Wonder whats the reason for the cover being blown up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks