Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 14:48   #646
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

What is the price that I can expect for a very well maintained Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 registered in Feb 2014 , Flicker black color with 11,500 kms on the odo registered in Bangalore. I am the first owner.
Old 13th February 2016, 10:43   #647
BHPian

What is the price I can expect for an Activa HET Deluxe?

White, 2013 November, 13.5k kms with a butter smooth engine and consistent 45-50 kmpl FE. Serviced regularly but outside HASS after 5k kms. Stock tyres are good for another 10k kms. Problem is that I have had a few crashes and bodyline is below average (much much below ) with lots of scratches. I am willing to get it completely repainted at HASS if it makes for a better resale price. I have been quoted 6k for repaint by a professional painter (who was earlier working for Honda). Is it worth to get it painted and demand ~8k extra price?

Location is Faridabad, Haryana. We had bought it for 55k but it costs around 59k now for some 3G variant.

Last edited by swift_guy : 13th February 2016 at 10:44.
Old 7th April 2016, 16:51   #648
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for 150cc+ used bike and have budget of 50-60k. My preferences are in order of Karizma R/ZMA, Gixxer, FZ, Apache.

My priorities are smooth engine & gearshifts and preference is for horizontal saddle although many bikes don't offer it. Does any other bike offer comfortable seat similar to Karizma?

Have been searching online & would be visiting some used bike stores this weekend.
Old 7th April 2016, 17:23   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I am looking for 150cc+ used bike and have budget of 50-60k. My preferences are in order of Karizma R/ZMA, Gixxer, FZ, Apache.
I would recommend giving the Pulsar NS 200 a try. You should be able to find a very clean example in your budget
Old 7th April 2016, 17:36   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I would recommend giving the Pulsar NS 200 a try.
Have tried couple of NS200. It felt heavy to handle & slow to gain speeds (compared to elder sibling Pulsar 220).
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 21:13   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Have tried couple of NS200. It felt heavy to handle & slow to gain speeds (compared to elder sibling Pulsar 220).
For comfort, you can look for old ZMR. A decently maintained piece would fall right in your budget. A Yamaha Fazer (or FZ if you find Fazer bulky) is an equally good buy with flat seats and generous low-mid range grunt. Try Unicorn and GS150R also.

Pulsar 200NS and other similar bikes with power band biased towards the top end will be slow in gaining speeds *sanely*.
Old 19th April 2016, 13:00   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have been searching online & would be visiting some used bike stores this weekend.
Have found a 3.3 year old, 28k kms run Karizma ZMR. Stock MRF tyres are showing small cracks & both brake pads would need immediate replacement. Most likely, I will replace tyres before monsoon & should not cost more than 4.5-5k for both tyres. What are typical costs for brake pads/discs for Karizma?

Is 60k price appropriate for this Karizma ZMR?
Old 24th April 2016, 17:54   #653
BHPian

What would be a fair buying price for a 2005 Karizma very well maintained run genuine 20K km in Pune? Battery replaced last year. No rattles anywhere though the inner black panels of front fairing turned white-ish due to age.

Looking at this old motorcycle because of the perceived better quality of initial lot of Karizma.

Thanks.
Old 24th April 2016, 19:04   #654
Senior - BHPian

How much should I pay for this 2006 Fiero F2 done 15 K Kms (claimed by owner). A friend has inspected the bike and the clutch looks like it will need replacement soon. Otherwise the bike is OK. He had quoted 15 K in the ad but is now ready to sell for 10K. A broker friend said not to pay more than 6K for it. What's a fair price for it?
Why do I want to buy it when I already have a Duke 390? If I do buy it, the thread about it will be self explanatory. Planning some interesting mods.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img20160416wa0007.jpg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img20160416wa0008.jpg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img20160416wa0010.jpg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-img20160416wa0011.jpg  

Old 26th April 2016, 10:33   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
How much should I pay for this 2006 Fiero F2 done 15 K Kms (claimed by owner). A friend has inspected the bike and the clutch looks like it will need replacement soon. Otherwise the bike is OK. He had quoted 15 K in the ad but is now ready to sell for 10K. A broker friend said not to pay more than 6K for it. What's a fair price for it?
Why do I want to buy it when I already have a Duke 390? If I do buy it, the thread about it will be self explanatory. Planning some interesting mods.
I'm not sure on suggesting you a price quote, but wanted to know if you got a chance to ride the bike? Does it even start? The reason for this question is the condition of the panels look fine, but the Engine for some reason doesn't Gel well with the rest of the bike. It looks to be in bad shape externally, may be it wasn't used for quite a while or is it the effect of the heat and the Coastal breeze? If the powerplant isn't good then there's no point in investing money in this bike.

OT: I'm planning to get a ride for my daily commute and occasional long rides. I was hoping to get an RE, but financial constraints are forcing me to get a used one. I checked olx and found few well maintained or restored(by the looks from pictures) Yezdis between 50-70k. The reason i picked Yezdi was for it's vintage looks and the 2-stroke heart.

What exactly is it that I should be looking for in a Yezdi before I finalise, from issues or genuine POV? I have no clue on the availability of spares and support for the bikes, in Pune or Hyderabad. So, looking forward for Expert opinion. I had an Apache few ago, just incase that helps your suggestions.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:52   #656
BHPian

I am looking to pick up a used Duke 390 either in Kerala or in Bangalore where I currently work. In the short term, I have planned a two week road trip to the North East for which the D390 should be prepped up for. Otherwise, it's a strictly a city bike with some short weekend rides when I have the time.
Initially I had made up my mind for a D200 but looking at the (poor) resale prices the 390 commands, it definitely is a much much bang for the buck with the ABS, suspension and oodles of power.
My budget currently is 1.4L tops including all the expenses associated with the bike.
Would I be able to get a decent low mileage late 2014/early 2015 piece within my limited budget.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:54   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
I'm not sure on suggesting you a price quote, but wanted to know if you got a chance to ride the bike? Does it even start?
The clutch is a bit hard but otherwise the bike is running fine.

Quote:
The reason for this question is the condition of the panels look fine, but the Engine for some reason doesn't Gel well with the rest of the bike. It looks to be in bad shape externally, may be it wasn't used for quite a while or is it the effect of the heat and the Coastal breeze? If the powerplant isn't good then there's no point in investing money in this bike.
Actually he lives in the mining belt but works in Kuwait. That's why the bike has not run much.
Old 27th April 2016, 17:00   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
What would be a fair buying price for a 2005 Karizma very well maintained run genuine 20K km in Pune? Battery replaced last year. No rattles anywhere though the inner black panels of front fairing turned white-ish due to age.

Looking at this old motorcycle because of the perceived better quality of initial lot of Karizma.

Thanks.
Please help me on this one.

The owner is willing to part with it for Rs. 53K minimum which I feel is too much simply because of the age (and possibility of multiple issues getting uncovered in near future associated with rubber parts as an example).
Old 27th April 2016, 17:08   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The owner is willing to part with it for Rs. 53K minimum which I feel is too much simply because of the age (and possibility of multiple issues getting uncovered in near future associated with rubber parts as an example).
53k for 12 year old Karizma is too much. Less odo reading doesn't matter on decade old bike/car, resale value drops due to age anyways.
Better examples are available in market, please look elsewhere.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 17:27   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please help me on this one.

You will get a used 200 NS in this budget, with less than half the vintage. Need I say more?

It's up to you, but I urge you to walk away. Also, please ask the seller to introduce you to the guy that paid him his asking price. Will help us all in better understanding the human psyche

Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks