Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 10:13   #571
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

I sold my Dec 2004 well-maintained Yamaha RX-135 (run 32XXXkm) to an individual in Pune for Rs.28K. The open market (2-wheeler dealers) rate quoted was ~Rs.15-18K !

HTH
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 20:48   #572
BHPian

Hi,

Planning to sell my new TBTS500 Apr'14 model TS registered.
  • Just over 2k on the odometer; never got the chance to ride it as much as I would have liked to (travelling too much thanks to work)
  • Have changed the silencer to wildboar but have the original one with me incase the buyer wants that
How much should I be quoting?
Old 11th November 2014, 08:51   #573
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at an 2000 Yamaha RX135 in mint condition, how much can I pay for it? Bike has been restored very recently and owner is going abroad, hence selling it. Need urgent reply guys , going to have a look at the bike today afternoon or evening

Last edited by giri1.8 : 11th November 2014 at 08:52.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:47   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am looking at an 2000 Yamaha RX135 in mint condition, how much can I pay for it? Bike has been restored very recently and owner is going abroad, hence selling it. Need urgent reply guys , going to have a look at the bike today afternoon or evening

I assume it is a 4 speed model. You have the fitness check the next year and you have to pay the taxes too. A mint condition vehicle does sell for prices above 40-45 K. Please factor in the expenses you are gonna face wrt the paper works coming up the next year.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:10   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I assume it is a 4 speed model. You have the fitness check the next year and you have to pay the taxes too. A mint condition vehicle does sell for prices above 40-45 K. Please factor in the expenses you are gonna face wrt the paper works coming up the next year.
Its an 5 speed model as per pics, I will be going to have a look at the bike today if the owner is free(more than 50km from home). If possible can you give an estimate of how much I have to pay for tax and fitness certificate? Bike is in mint condition from the looks of it(no rust, clean condition), will reserve my opinion about mechanicals till I ride it, owner says its in good condition.

Pic of the bike :
Attached Thumbnails
The "Used Bike Price Thread"-1415583815_742708816_1-1.jpg  

Old 11th November 2014, 14:31   #576
BHPian

Though the sticker boldly proclaims 5 speed, it sports the clutch casing of a four speed. I highly doubt that this bike is a sleeper, it ought to be a normal 4 speed one. To confirm, look at the part where the cylinder meets the engine casing on the left side(Gear shifter side). An original 5 speed cylinder kit will have the marking 4TL10 whereas the 4 speed one would have 4TL00.
In all probability, the bike would not be running on the stock bore, ask the owner what oversize pistons are they running on.

As for the paperwork, the pain point here is not the financial aspect but the time and effort for running around the RTO. Ofcourse, you can get the work done through a tout if that's simpler(No idea on their charges, I prefer the straight forward-multiple-visits-endless-time consuming- cuss word inducing way that evokes serious doubts on why the system exists.). The tax and FC should not set you back more than 2K if you complete it in time. I do not have a clue about the TN tax structure and rates, so I could be way off the mark here.

I wouldn't be paying a dime over 40k if the bike runs as smooth as butter. But again, that's me. In the end, you gotta take a call based on how badly heart beats.If it races faster that a two stroke engine firing, you know you gotta absolutely own the beauty.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 14:42   #577
BHPian

Going to sell my Pulsar 150. It is a 2006 model and has done 70K KM. The FE is 63 which is mostly highway. Battery, insurance, carubrator everything in order.

What should I expect for it in Gurgaon?
Old 11th November 2014, 20:14   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Though the sticker boldly proclaims 5 speed, it sports the clutch casing of a four speed. I highly doubt that this bike is a sleeper, it ought to be a normal 4 speed one. To confirm, look at the part where the cylinder meets the engine casing on the left side(Gear shifter side). An original 5 speed cylinder kit will have the marking 4TL10 whereas the 4 speed one would have 4TL00.
In all probability, the bike would not be running on the stock bore, ask the owner what oversize pistons are they running on.

As for the paperwork, the pain point here is not the financial aspect but the time and effort for running around the RTO. Ofcourse, you can get the work done through a tout if that's simpler(No idea on their charges, I prefer the straight forward-multiple-visits-endless-time consuming- cuss word inducing way that evokes serious doubts on why the system exists.). The tax and FC should not set you back more than 2K if you complete it in time. I do not have a clue about the TN tax structure and rates, so I could be way off the mark here.

I wouldn't be paying a dime over 40k if the bike runs as smooth as butter. But again, that's me. In the end, you gotta take a call based on how badly heart beats.If it races faster that a two stroke engine firing, you know you gotta absolutely own the beauty.
Wow, thank god bike got sold off today, I wont settle for anything less than a 5 speed. I was bit sad after I got the news, but after reading your post I am glad that I didn't run all the way to have a look at it. But only disappointing part is that owner was quoting only 26K The search continues!
Old 12th November 2014, 07:48   #579
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What would be a good selling price for a 2009 Yamaha Gladiator RS 125, which has done 16k on the odometer?
Old 14th December 2014, 19:33   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Oh, that's quite low :(

Thank you both for giving me a realistic expectation.

The reasons for trying to sell it have been put together in my thread here, but the biggest reason is the hard suspension.
Hello,
Any update on the sale?Did it go through?
How much did you sell it for
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:52   #581
BHPian

Hi guys

I am planning to sell my Pulsar 200 DTSI 2007 model. Done 49k on the odo. Rear tyre changed recently.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me how much I can expect for it.

Thanks,
Moshel
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:10   #582
BHPian

How much will a 2008 Pulsar DTSI fetch me? ODO does not work as it had a crash in 2010. It had 47,000 on the odo when the unfortunate accident took place. It must have done more than 75,000 now.
Old 8th January 2015, 11:18   #583
BHPian

Model : Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSFi
Buying Month & Year: June,2013
Owner: 1st
Kms : 10100
Condition : good
Papers: All clean and updated

How much can I expect?
Old 10th January 2015, 08:22   #584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Model : Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSFi
Buying Month & Year: June,2013
Owner: 1st
Kms : 10100
How much can I expect?
I should think that 50k seems to be an ok price for it. In fact I wouldnt mind buying it at that price.
regards
Old 10th January 2015, 13:54   #585
Senior - BHPian

Update : Bought an 1990 Restored RX100 for 45K, bike has FC till 2019, all other documents are in current and is in superb condition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks