Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Anthony?? not sure here but is he the guuy who makes the 600 and 650cc bullets?? his work was once featured on the hindu. check out this link.

The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Wheels : Heard of Enfield 600?

if so, i partially agree with the expensive part. he once quoted me about 1.85 lakhs for the 650cc bullet, which is a slight pinch, on my pocket atleast.
Hey Bivin, Even I did not get into details. But from what I had heard, sounds like this is the same guy.
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yep it's the same guy and he's another mad mallu
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was talking about this oil cooler to my tuner, mainly regarding the ability of the LB500s stock oil pump. He said it will work without any pumping issues as he had experimented with a layout like this before. Bolting on a P200s oil cooler won't be too much of a hassle on a bullet.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quite a decent job on the rearsets. See similarities with my cafe: wider front tyre, thinner mudguard.
Old 4th September 2009, 00:08   #20
BHPian

Very neat and excellent mod done. Seat as it looks must be very comfortable. Enjoy the ride and ride safe.
Old 4th September 2009, 23:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Are there more pics? Wanna see the other side, with the silencer and stuff..
Old 4th September 2009, 23:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Are there more pics? Wanna see the other side, with the silencer and stuff..
Will be posting them over the weekend, waiting for him to get the bike to the bakery
Old 5th September 2009, 00:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

I passed that side the other day with my cafe. May be taking the bike tomorrow to work. Will see if the bike is there or not.
Old 5th September 2009, 00:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I passed that side the other day with my cafe. May be taking the bike tomorrow to work. Will see if the bike is there or not.
The bike will be parked right outside the bakery so you should not be missing it. I stay at that same signal (Worli Naka) right after the bakery. Normally he comes by around 8.30am and is there till late afternoon.

Last edited by mantrig : 5th September 2009 at 00:19. Reason: Spell Check
Old 5th September 2009, 08:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mantri,

I found out that the P220 DTSi's oil cooler is 30% larger than that of the P200. So, I think we should be looking at the 220s cooler for our bulls. I am now trying to find out the cost of the P220 DTSi's oil cooler. Waiting for more details of the existing set up from your end.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th September 2009, 11:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Please don't forget to add a little bit more oil after you fit an oil cooler. By approximately the capacity of the cooler.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sankar Cheta,

Great point there.

OT

How is your health now?

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th September 2009, 11:45   #28
BANNED

Am i the only one not convinced about this oil cooler mod?

The Bullet engine is anyways not a very highly strained motor and runs at a very mild state of tune.

Looking for some genuine reported gains before meddling with oil lines on a Bullet.
Old 5th September 2009, 12:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Am i the only one not convinced about this oil cooler mod?

The Bullet engine is anyways not a very highly strained motor and runs at a very mild state of tune.

Looking for some genuine reported gains before meddling with oil lines on a Bullet.

Fellow bulleteers at the UK and the United States have successfully mounted oil coolers on their CI Bullets for the hotter months. They have even reported small but very significant changes in the oil temperature. My only apprehension was about the efficiency/capacity of the oil pump to handle the additional pumping. But, when the oil coolers were working very well on CI Bullets, they should work much better in the AVL ones which have way better gear type oil pumps. About the gains, IMHO, they would have to do with a longer lasting engine than anything else. Also, regular mineral oils can be used than semi-synth or synthetic ones which will give decent savings. So, overall decent ROI. Once, I get this mod onto my LB500, I will try and measure oil temperatures for a better picture of the entire contraption.

About the bullets not needing additional cooling, I beg to disagree. As it is, the bullet is a large air cooled single which needs a lot of air to maintain decent operating temperatures. Add stop go traffic conditions with the high Indian ambient temperatures, the oil cooler suddenly looks very sensible, if not for cruising, at least for high traffic conditions. The US guys even have weather proof fans complementing the oil cooler.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th September 2009, 12:13   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Fellow bulleteers at the UK and the United States have successfully mounted oil coolers on their CI Bullets for the hotter months. They have even reported small but very significant changes in the oil temperature.
Oh nice. I didnt know this was tried before. I will try and find more on these mods.

Quote:
I will try and measure oil temperatures for a better picture of the entire contraption.
THANKS!! looking forward to your trials.

Quote:
About the bullets not needing additional cooling, I beg to disagree. As it is, the bullet is a large air cooled single which needs a lot of air to maintain decent operating temperatures.
Yes agree on that, any cooling however small it maybe is welcome. Heat is the biggest killer of engines.

Quote:
Add stop go traffic conditions with the high Indian ambient temperatures, the oil cooler suddenly looks very sensible, if not for cruising, at least for high traffic conditions.
Not very sure about that though. Even though it is a cooler it doesn't have its own fan and will depend upon the air blast cooling the fins on the cooler itself. Difficult in our traffic. Also the rate of oil being pumped would invariably define the rate at which oil is being cooled.

If i am not wrong the oil pump is driven my the motor itself. Less rpms less rate of flow. So in traffic basically with not much air blast cooling the cooler it would not be of much help.

But yes like a lot of times, theory like the above is proved wrong and i would be happy if it is so.

My friend is interested in this mod on his (my ex) STD 350. So the questions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks