Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 17:24   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Add LML Supremo to the list
That used to cost somewhere around Rs 35000 to Rs 40000, had a roly poly body with the same 150cc engine. But it had autolube that was rare in those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
If I am not mistaken, there was/were brands called Panther And Pacer. Not sure if it was Panther Pacer as in one vehicle or if they were two seperate entities.
These two brands were from the makers of Hero Majestic.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:33   #122
BHPian

RE's Superstar.
350CI no Casquette but mini bullet like front. Looked good though.
Wonder why RE India cares so much not to mention most machines in their official history- books or web. Very silly. They should infact learn to value their efforts irrespective of products fate.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:47   #123
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does anyone here remember anything called "Electrona 24" ?? I think it was a battery powered moped.
Old 9th September 2009, 22:24   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinmohan View Post
my enfield mofa 22 cc moped
Vow Vipin thats a well maintained Mofa. Hope you will keep it that way.
Old 9th September 2009, 22:57   #125
BHPian

thanks anjan.i just tried to restore it recently.it was really another scrap when my friend Robins picked it from a scrap dealer.now repainted ,but missing two items 1) petrol tank union 2)speedometer
Old 11th September 2009, 14:34   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Hero Puch was never flopped i guess it sold very well in Tamil Nadu, I had three heroPuch. one with 50CC only launched in Tamil nadu other I had was Shakti 3G and 2 Gears but was lovely vehicle.
Yes - Hero Puch was the only moped I know which boasted two gears! In those days TVS XL, Hero Majestic and even Suvega were ruling the roost in mopeds!

How about "Ideal Jawa" calling their bike "ipzah" to rekindle the flame of "yezdi"? Think these bikes died a slow death.

I was told that jawa was the only bike in the world where the front and rear wheels could the interchanged - is that true? And I remember seeing these bikes with a spare wheel where the crash guard is normally mounted. Pictures any one?
Old 12th September 2009, 23:21   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Yes - Hero Puch was the only moped I know which boasted two gears! In those days TVS XL, Hero Majestic and even Suvega were ruling the roost in mopeds!

How about "Ideal Jawa" calling their bike "ipzah" to rekindle the flame of "yezdi"? Think these bikes died a slow death.

I was told that jawa was the only bike in the world where the front and rear wheels could the interchanged - is that true? And I remember seeing these bikes with a spare wheel where the crash guard is normally mounted. Pictures any one?
The later Jawas and Yezdis after 1970-71 it was, if I'm correct, had the same configuration for the two wheels, that could be interchanged. It also had only one lever that was left leg operated which would double up as a kick starter and a gear lever ! Can't think of such simplicity in today's bikes. It had twin exhausts however. The entire carburettor was enclosed in the panel.
Old 13th September 2009, 15:15   #128
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The later Jawas and Yezdis after 1970-71 it was, if I'm correct, had the same configuration for the two wheels, that could be interchanged. It also had only one lever that was left leg operated which would double up as a kick starter and a gear lever ! Can't think of such simplicity in today's bikes. It had twin exhausts however. The entire carburettor was enclosed in the panel.
I would add the auto-clutch as well.

The Gear cahnger lever also had the additional function of providing the de-clutching when the lever was slightly pressed or kept up by the toe. I have ridden many miles using this only when my clutch cable was broken or something. You actually needed clutch only to move off from staionery position. Othewise you could manage ver well with the "auto-clutch".

I have not seen this delibrate arrangement in any other bikes.

Best Regards

Drive/Ride safe

Ram
Old 27th September 2009, 23:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

Not too sure if you would have heard of TVS EKO a 50 CC bike
Old 5th October 2009, 17:13   #130
Senior - BHPian

This thread brought back all the two wheeler names which had gone into oblivion. Real good one bringing in nostalgia.

Add to this the Vicky II which was launched for Rs 7000 or 8000 sometime in 1981. These lasted only for few months and those who bought it suffered a lot. A real flop. Its predecessor the Vicky was a moderate sucess during late sixty's (in those day's standards).

Then there was the Bajaj Saffire, the first 4 stroke gearless in India. The worst scooter ever made. The auto gear used to change gear at its one leisureley wish and that too only when it wanted. Great Flop.

When Bajaj launched the M50 so many people booked immediately. The ad stating that it is powered by a 3.5 BHP engine fooled some people who mistook it for the bullets 3.5 hp. The difference between taxable horse power and Brake Horse Power was not known to many then. The M50 failed and its younger brother the M80 was a moderate success because fish vendors pedalling bycycles shifted to M80 and started zooming through country roads.

Last edited by rajeev k : 5th October 2009 at 17:15.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:59   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post

In those Yezdi days guys used to rotate the Yezdi monogram on the Fuel Tank 180 degrees and then it becomes 'ipzah'.

Remember there was a under bored 175 cc version of the Yezdi which was sold for a small period of time which all went into oblivion with the advent of the Japanese bikes.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th October 2009 at 16:02.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:10   #132
BHPian

Lml Crd 100

I saw this bike for the first time, Pune registered. I think this does qualify as a failure.

At first when I saw it, thought it was a made in china bike, then saw the LML branding on everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Two Wheelers that flopped-lmlcrd100.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 01:11   #133
BHPian

LML CRD 100 Review by Dilip Bam

Link about the bike above. The LML CRD. Designed by Ugolini (Ugly??)...Engineered by BASTRA (??) and Survey done by POPAT...
Is Dilip Bam trying to make a joke?
Old 27th October 2009, 01:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

Kinetic K4100
does anyone remember?
a stepthru launched to take on HH Street and both of them failed
Old 18th November 2009, 20:44   #135
BHPian

ranger

what about this Rajdoot Ranger ? My father told about this model, i haven't seen any.

Indian Two Wheelers that flopped-5990371_1.jpg

Last edited by Rennjit : 18th November 2009 at 20:47. Reason: pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks