Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 20:17   #211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post

My hands were tingling by the time the ride ended, my neck felt it would break, my back felt that I had a big weight on it but this was one of the most fun times I could have ever had on the ride.

BTW my last 300+ km ride happened in 1997, on a Splendor.
Feels good, doesn't it. Addictive and like your life just got refreshed.
A good ride always reminds me the following from The Daffodils:

Quote:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
No pics?
Old 12th September 2010, 20:49   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Feels good, doesn't it. Addictive and like your life just got refreshed.
A good ride always reminds me the following from The Daffodils:
You bet bblost. And you know what, I loved the quote. That is one of my fav WW poems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
No pics?
Here is one
Attached Thumbnails
Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold-ride.jpg  

sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2010, 21:17   #213
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for joining us Sammy. Normally its just me and one other ninja but today was something i really looked forward to and i enjoyed the ride.

We were 5 bikers in total. Regrettably the others couldnt make it. Abhinav - called you before i left and got no answer. hope to see you next time (which is next weekend )

Sorry for the delay Samarth. I was not too comfy riding on slick roads and hence the delay.

Any more pics in the queue?
Old 12th September 2010, 22:39   #214
BHPian

WHAT THE........ I missed the ride!!???? When I woke up at 4.30 I saw it was still drizzling. Damn!! I missed this. Oh man! Unbelievable.

Sammy, good to see that you enjoyed. That's RTR for you Get to take her out for a long ride every other weekend and you won't have the pains which you mentioned. The first ride when I made with Aditya and other guys had me in the same condition as yours. I was wondering, if I feel like this, then what about the liter class bike owners? I'm very used to the sporty stance now. There are the occasional numbness and irritating butt sore, but that's about it.

Hope to see you guys next weekend. Till then, rev on!!
Old 13th September 2010, 00:34   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks for joining us Sammy. Normally its just me and one other ninja but today was something i really looked forward to and i enjoyed the ride.

We were 5 bikers in total. Regrettably the others couldnt make it. Abhinav - called you before i left and got no answer. hope to see you next time (which is next weekend )

Sorry for the delay Samarth. I was not too comfy riding on slick roads and hence the delay.

Any more pics in the queue?
Thanks for the ride man, it was a lot of fun. It did make sense to postpone the trip if it rained. I wasnt comfortable either with riding in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
WHAT THE........ I missed the ride!!???? When I woke up at 4.30 I saw it was still drizzling. Damn!! I missed this. Oh man! Unbelievable.

Sammy, good to see that you enjoyed. That's RTR for you Get to take her out for a long ride every other weekend and you won't have the pains which you mentioned. The first ride when I made with Aditya and other guys had me in the same condition as yours. I was wondering, if I feel like this, then what about the liter class bike owners? I'm very used to the sporty stance now. There are the occasional numbness and irritating butt sore, but that's about it.

Hope to see you guys next weekend. Till then, rev on!!
Hey Dude, would have been great if you had joined. Unfortunately the weather played spoilsport and I almost missed it myself. I learnt a lot of things myself, thanks to todays ride. Strangely, all pains and tiredness disappeared as soon as I reached home. Will surely ride together the next time bro.

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th September 2010 at 00:36.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:52   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Abhinav - called you before i left and got no answer. hope to see you next time (which is next weekend )

Oh man! i was up till 2:30 waiting for the rain to stop. Then i got your sms telling that since the roads will be wet its not safe. Finally with a heavy heart dozed off at around 3:30 but forgot that the phone was in silent and missed the ride. Else would have been fun to join you all..

Will join you guys next weekend
Old 13th September 2010, 12:56   #217
Team-BHP Support

Riding in the rain is fun, take my word for it, just go a notch below on the speedo and once hooked, you won't look back.

@aditya--isn't the bungee cord chipping off some paint from the rear-fender? Have you attached some cloth etc to it?
Old 13th September 2010, 14:05   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry guys could not make it. Last minute commitments at home.

By the way riding in rain is pure fun, but to be well within the speed limits what you can manage in dry condition. Get riding gear on, duck backs and off you go merrily thoroughly enjoying the ride in the rain.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:22   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ended up adding 225kms to my ODO ..hee hee take that you non believers.

My hands were tingling by the time the ride ended, my neck felt it would break, my back felt that I had a big weight on it but this was one of the most fun times I could have ever had on the ride.

BTW my last 300+ km ride happened in 1997, on a Splendor.
Am I dreaming or what? Sammy did 225 km in a Single Day, Can We see the Odo picture

Heh just kidding, good to read this man, I hope it becomes a habit from here on, keep revvin
Old 13th September 2010, 21:52   #220
BHPian

Riding in the rain on an RTR? Guys, please re-think about doing that. The tires are made to fishtail on wet roads!! Only an upgrade from the infamous Srichakra tires will help you out.
Old 14th September 2010, 03:42   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Oh man! i was up till 2:30 waiting for the rain to stop.
Yeah man, Aditya told me what happened. I was also praying for the weather to get better and thankfully it did, at the last moment though.
Next time I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Riding in the rain is fun, take my word for it, just go a notch below on the speedo and once hooked, you won't look back.

@aditya--isn't the bungee cord chipping off some paint from the rear-fender? Have you attached some cloth etc to it?
Thankfully there was not an iota of rain and absolutely dry roads. Infact it was pretty warm and sunny after a long time. Guess the rain gods took pity on me

Regarding the bungee cord, if I remember correctly there are a couple of hooks for it so it doesnt really touch the paint, (could be wrong though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Sorry guys could not make it. Last minute commitments at home.
No problem bro, home commitments are always the first priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Am I dreaming or what? Sammy did 225 km in a Single Day, Can We see the Odo picture

Heh just kidding, good to read this man, I hope it becomes a habit from here on, keep revvin
Lol, thanks man. I couldnt believe it myself. Though I sorely missed having a good jacket. The windcheater was acting more like a parachute. Got to get one soon.

Quote:
Riding in the rain on an RTR? Guys, please re-think about doing that. The tires are made to fishtail on wet roads!! Only an upgrade from the infamous Srichakra tires will help you out.
No ways dude, I am so afraid after reading so many things about the tyres that I didnt even lean slightly on perfectly dry roads. Had there been any signs of wet roads and rainy weather we wouldnt have ridden at all.
As mentioned earlier, the roads were perfectly dry and it was warm and sunny.
So much for a forecast of rain thunderstorms throughout the day
Old 14th September 2010, 10:53   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHAT THE........ I missed the ride!!???? When I woke up at 4.30 I saw it was still drizzling. Damn!! I missed this. Oh man! Unbelievable. Hope to see you guys next weekend.
Sorry bro. I figured you would have slept late as some folks i called either didnt answer or were very groggy when i called. Felt guilty waking them up and didnt want to wake another soul adding to the guilt. :( See you on this weekend's ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Looking forward to meeting you Abhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I agree its fun riding in the rain. But not on the ninja. It takes me 2 hours to get the muck off and get the bike back to its gleaming self again.

Regarding the bungee cords, the cords have a cloth type material on it so it doesnt scuff the paint. I ensure that the hooks dont touch the painted surface when its strapped on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I hope it becomes a habit from here on, keep revvin
+1 to that. I hope Sammy is a regular on our weekend rides henceforth. Its fun hanging out with like minded folks.

Quote:
Though I sorely missed having a good jacket. The windcheater was acting more like a parachute. Got to get one soon.
Go for DSG bro. You hopefully wont regret it. If you can get something better like Joe Rocket or so, even better. Get a pair of gloves too. Almost all jackets and gloves come with air vents so you wont feel hot when on the move.
Old 19th January 2013, 02:56   #223
BHPian

re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180 - Update : Now Sold

Crossed 6k kms on my RTR 180 and she is still gong stronger day by day. Satisfied in all aspects but one thing that is constantly nagging me is the position of the indicators !! From day one, they have been a subject of issue for me because whenever I drop the bike on its side (of course accidentally ), the first things to go will be the indicator of the respective side; this is because the indicators are positioned in such a way that while the bike is falling on its side, they are the first point of contact with the ground as a result of which they simply crumble under the pressure. Now this is proving a very costly affair for me as twice I have replaced the indicators, everytime costing me 230/- (inclusive of labor cost). Esp. frustrated today, because I had to ride on a very slippery patch due to the rains and it slipped;

Result: left front and rear indicators gone This has gone to such an extent that whenever viewing a new bike nowadays, I foremost look at the placing of the indicators and my face light up when I see CBZ-type imbibed indicators.

So guys, any suggestions on how to prevent this from burning a hole in my purse other then maintaining a stock of indicators at wholesale price however absurd that idea may be?
Old 21st January 2013, 00:35   #224
BHPian

^^^ Dont let the bike fall down

Well you can try Yamaha R-15 type indicators which flex when they fall down and dont break and they are not that costly too!
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:34   #225
BHPian

You can try Pulsars indicators, I use them on my unicorn. Its been through a lot of abuse on the packed parking lots but has never given up.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd September 2013 at 15:09. Reason: Corrected u to you. Please avoid sms lingo :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks