Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 17:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Thanks a lot for input.

Technically Cd Deluxe and Splendour are same,.

Somehow i never came across a single person using cd deluxe/spledour having this average. they always claim 67-75. It also resembles overall market talk which i heard over the years.

Either these people never took serious efforts to check their mileage correctly / they just assume that their mileage is something they are claiming / or there is some serious problem with my bikes mileage.

So i am curious to investigate my side.
@ideal1979 :- Below is my Oct' 1999 Splendour on which I have clocked 1,70,000 + Kms and still running in a immaculate condition.

Even when I do a 70+ constantly on the highway when I ride down to Panvel (to my farm) which is appox 75+ Kms from my Mumbai residence I still manage to get a FE of 65+ Kmpl on the Highway. As I am always keen on knowing how my baby is performing I keep a track of these things.

I use this bike for my everyday run to office from Worli to Saki Naka (Andheri East) which is a round trip of around 50 kms and people from Mumbai must be aware what kind of traffic I must be encountering when I say Saki Naka.

Even in this daily run I still manage to squeeze out 60-65 Kmpl (50% Highway + 50% City Riding in Traffic). Engine has gone through an overhaul once after clocking 1,20,000 Kms but have never faced any serious issues or breakdowns.

The bike easily does 85+ with half trottle on the highway with a top end of 95 on a straight run, I weigh around 85 Kgs.

The bike got a cosmetic upgrade back in 2005 and this is how she still looks

P.S. - I keep the air levels 2ps above the company mentioned levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice with Mileage Issue - CD Deluxe-dam.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 10:22   #17
BANNED

@Mantrig

Thanks for your info. Probably i am right that i am not getting right mileage :-).

I have also noticed that you have upgraded your Rear Wheel.

Though off the topic, I am also looking out for Upgrading Rear Wheel to bit bit wider and Tubeless . But dont know where to do it in pune? and what will be costing.

Also i cant do this before i solve my mileage problem other HASS will blame it on my Tyre Upgrade.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

The rear tyre looks like a 100/90 Dunlop Geo Cruiser, you should be able to get it at any decent tyre shop for anything between 800 - 1100 (Tyre + Tube)
Old 18th August 2009, 17:00   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The rear tyre looks like a 100/90 Dunlop Geo Cruiser, you should be able to get it at any decent tyre shop for anything between 800 - 1100 (Tyre + Tube)
Thanks for info. I am also looking for tubeless as dont want to prone to puncture on highway !
Old 18th August 2009, 17:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
@ Technocrat - You are right with the tyre specs. It's the stock tyre which used to come on HH CBZs. The tyre fits without any hassles and the reliability certainly goes higher also boosting the confidence with the ride with this rubber at the rear.

@idea - I feel going for a tubeless would not really make sense as I do alot of highway riding too and the Dunlop has been very generous not to let me down on the highways owing to the thick rubber (Also considering the cost involved - as you will also have to change the rims to alloys, Right?). Also nowadays we find a puncture guy to fix our regular tyres at almost every km we pass by, on the other hand very few guys who actually touch the tubeless tyres or have the tools to fix them (hope I am right here).

Am not sure if that really makes a difference to using a tubeless tyre or not but just giving my opinion. If tubeless tyres to really prove highly beneficial please do share the pros n cons with me as well, as I am not really well-informed about those tyres and would love to know more

Regards,
Mantri G.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

you would need to put Alloy wheels to be able to put on a Tubeless tyre.

While you might be able to fit the ones that come with the new splendors(not sure though.)
I wouldnt recommend that because as of today most of the avilable tubeless tires are heavy & of bigger profile for the CD Deluxe.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:32   #22
BANNED

@Technocrat and Mantrig

Thanks a lot for info. Changing to Thicker rubber is must for me. Not necessarily tubeless. However i can do that only once my Mileage problem is over :-)

Please shed some light.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Btw I hope that you do realize that putting a broader & heavier tire will have a negative impact on your FE.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:17   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Btw I hope that you do realize that putting a broader & heavier tire will have a negative impact on your FE.

You are right.

My scooty streak - with 2500 odo reading is giving me mileage of 46-48 kmpl .

But my CD Deluxe just refuses to go beyond 56-58

However i really enjoy riding both bikes
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am confused, ofcourse a Scooty streak will give you a very good mileage.

Do you expect a bigger bike to give more mileage?
Old 24th August 2009, 16:36   #26
BANNED

Quote:
I am confused, ofcourse a Scooty streak will give you a very good mileage.

Do you expect a bigger bike to give more mileage?
What i was referring is=

Scooty - though 4 stroke - being automatic will surely take toll on mileage. I think company mileage is some 50 odd. Though it is very new and engine is still getting tuned, still it is giving me 48.

However my bike is pretty old with 13K reading, still doesnt cross 58 !!
Old 24th August 2009, 17:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

My friend 13k is by no means an old engine especially for an Honda. Besides the analogy is completely wrong, both the vehicles have different engines with different characteristics.

Scooty is a small engine scoterette which will consume less fuel than a bigger cc engine bike anyday. If at all you have to compare, then do it with another bike which is similar in some aspects.

I suggest you do a Mileage test done at your service center to make sure if its the bike or the riding conditions which are responcible for the apparent low mileage.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:14   #28
BANNED

Quote:
My friend 13k is by no means an old engine especially for an Honda. Besides the analogy is completely wrong, both the vehicles have different engines with different characteristics.

Scooty is a small engine scoterette which will consume less fuel than a bigger cc engine bike anyday. If at all you have to compare, then do it with another bike which is similar in some aspects.

I suggest you do a Mileage test done at your service center to make sure if its the bike or the riding conditions which are responcible for the apparent low mileage.
You are right. Just making the point that scooty performance is as per my expectations
Old 29th August 2009, 15:46   #29
BANNED

Last mileage received is 61.29 KMPL over 9 liters.

In order to check if i am getting right quantity of petrol and to stick to lower quantity (petrol losses over a period in tank storage - evaporation, heat etc.), i switched petrol pump.

Also checked avg for 2 liters (filled @ new automated petrol pump) - as i generally cover 100-120 kms in max 3 days, got mileage of 59.71.

So petrol quality and quantity @ petrol pump does not seems to be a problem.

Need to focus on other areas now.

Last edited by idea1979 : 29th August 2009 at 15:47.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:56   #30
BANNED

Updating this post after long time with new mileage figures.

Changes Done - Nothing. Even no servicing. Except i switched to other petrol pump and smaller refill of 2.05 L only. I have noticed mileage is mostly 62+/L

Seems like either old petrol pump is cheating or i am loosing too much due to heat/evaporation.

Do comment.

I will try to increase refill quantity by keeping same petrol pump.
Get the bike serviced and change the oil.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice with Mileage Issue - CD Deluxe-petrol.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks