Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 00:53   #166
Senior - BHPian

^^^One was the Marketing Manager. Can't recall the designation of the other.

Actually, it seems they don't have issues about importing any Motul product as long as it has a decent demand. They can't import just 1 or 2 crates. Since 710 is fully synth I think it will be priced around where the current fully synth is (can't recall the name). And personally, I don't want to spend so much. If you are intrested and can create sufficient demand, you could speak to them. They sound very responsive. But how much demand do you think you can create for such an expensive oil?

Hopefully the 510 will be priced close to the semi synthetics in the market and should be better than any other 2t oil currently in the market (excluding the fully synth Motul of course). And that will work for me. Unless you are really pushing your bike in races in hot weather, I really don't see the point in spending so much for a fully synthetic. Not sure if it will even have any additional benifit if you do.
Old 25th May 2009, 04:11   #167
Senior - BHPian

The 2 oil that Motul sells here is the Motomix and the 800 which is their most expensive 2T oil at 750 per litre. I'm sure that the 710 would be a little cheaper than the 800. So, it makes more sense to import the 710 than the 800.

The 510 will be a good addtion to their line up. They have close to 10 different 2T oils abroad in their line up.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:24   #168
BHPian

Finally got hold of petronas used 140ml till now bike is running butter smooth now, at high revs i hear only the rdd filter's sound engine sound is nill its silent than my cbz extreme.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:47   #169
BHPian

Why do people keep refering to UNI filters as RDD or Chinoy filters ??!!! Were they desoigned or manufactured by rdd ?! Or are they just one of the many people that sell that ? Next thing u know all the tuners and biking groups will start naming filters , pistons , con rods , carbs after themselves !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 26th May 2009 at 17:49.
Old 27th May 2009, 03:30   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Finally got hold of petronas used 140ml till now bike is running butter smooth now, at high revs i hear only the rdd filter's sound engine sound is nill its silent than my cbz extreme.
I haven't had this kind of result because the bike still needs some tuning and a bigger jet. Will check after that.
Old 27th May 2009, 18:28   #171
BHPian

prajeep u sure ur riding a 2 stroke ? does the addition of petronas eliminate ur exhaust note ? cool then all petronas user can use chambers and not fear being busted by cops for excessive noise .
Old 5th July 2009, 15:42   #172
Senior - BHPian

I got 1606 kms with the Petronas oil. There was still some left when I topped up. I would have got around 50 kms more.

I have just changed the primary gear so might get less this time. My bike for some reason had a primary gear from the 100.
Old 16th July 2009, 01:56   #173
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the Gulf dealer yesterday. Saw a new bottle of their Gulf Pride 2 stroke oil. It said its semi synthetic and something about how it helps acceleration in a big way, etc. I forgot to take a pic. One litre bottle was Rs. 130, if I recall correct. This is a new bottle and probably a new formulation as the previous bottles I saw there were quite different.

Has anybody tried this? I'm pretty tempted to try it next as there is no sign of Motul 510 . :(

If anybody from Pune wants it, its available in the auto shop with a big Exide board opp. Karishma Apartments in Kothrud.
Old 18th July 2009, 05:06   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Had been to the Gulf dealer yesterday. Saw a new bottle of their Gulf Pride 2 stroke oil. It said its semi synthetic and something about how it helps acceleration in a big way, etc. I forgot to take a pic. One litre bottle was Rs. 130, if I recall correct. This is a new bottle and probably a new formulation as the previous bottles I saw there were quite different.

Has anybody tried this? I'm pretty tempted to try it next as there is no sign of Motul 510 . :(

If anybody from Pune wants it, its available in the auto shop with a big Exide board opp. Karishma Apartments in Kothrud.
130 is cheap for semi synthetic!

I have no hopes of seeing the Motul 510 here.
Old 18th July 2009, 15:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, had a look at the bottles again. Its old stock made in 2006. It looked totally new, so was misled...

Btw, Gulf 2 stroke oil is available in sachets, in case someone here buys sachets for pre-mix.

Well, Motul did tell me that they will import 510. But no sign of it yet, and now they aren't even replying to my emails. They did send me a catalogue of all their products though. Pretty cool... but I wonder how many items will be made available in India.

The Shell bunk guys at Mulshi also said they will order a carton of VSX2. No sign of that either!

Everyone says there is hardly any demand for 2t oil. Hence they don't have incentive to stock/order it. And whatever small demand is there seems to be met by crap Castrol and MAK mostly... sigh!

My oil level has now reached the critical point. Will have to buy something very soon. And I don't see an option other than buying Jet X again. Aaarghhhh!

Last edited by Raccoon : 18th July 2009 at 15:06.
Old 18th July 2009, 15:31   #176
Senior - BHPian

Buy The Petronas 4000 semi synthetic. Its cheaper and just as good. I don't like the idea of paying Castrol that much.
Old 18th July 2009, 18:13   #177
BHPian

look around u should get the shell in bombay . Their main office is supposed to be in Vashi New Bombay .
Old 18th July 2009, 18:26   #178
Senior - BHPian

Straight, not getting Petronas 2t anywhere either. The sales guy did say he could supply only one bottle of the fully synth... but it was pretty old stock. Even if i use that, I feel the chances of getting it again will be low...

2Strokejunkie, I'm in Poona not Bombay. Can't come there for a bottle of oil. :(
Old 19th July 2009, 05:42   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Straight, not getting Petronas 2t anywhere either. The sales guy did say he could supply only one bottle of the fully synth... but it was pretty old stock. Even if i use that, I feel the chances of getting it again will be low..
The Petronas I use is from '07. Its not medicine so relax. If oil is kept the way its supposed to then it has a very long shelf life.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Generally, shelf life is said to be around 4 years. But somehow I don't feel safe using an oil over a year old. Its pretty complex molecules we are talking of. Who knows at what rate a specific brand will start decomposing...

Also, you can end up with an older specification.

Anyway, its Sunday, so nothing in available. Lets see what I can get next week.

Whats your take on Petronas 5000... now that you must have used it quite a bit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks