Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:41   #16
BHPian

@silver_shadow: The CDI is actually meant for 50cc 2 stroke motors. It fits a kinetic honda or a CD100 instantly with its connector but I had to do some rewiring as my connector and the cdi did not match. Later after i had fitted it, i found that there was a similar cdi with my connector config. Anyways, there is definitely an increase in performance after the CDI install. I also installed a new NGK Iridium CR6HIX spark plug in my scoot. All the aftermarket parts that my scoot is using right now are meant for 50cc-70cc 2 stroke motors and are imported from UK/Taiwan but as 4stroke parts are not available, i have no option but this does'nt mean i dont see any increase in performance. The scoot is definitely more zippier and peppy after the parts upgrade and can take an activa or dio easily, although, have'nt raced with any. Though i did race with a kinetic zx and my scoot accelerated more quicker and reached its top end faster than the kiny which means my scoot won :-)

I bought the CDI from here > Chinese scooter parts, wholesale scooter parts, ATV parts, dirt bike parts, 2 and 4-stroke engine parts, motorcycle parts, .. Although, if you're looking for a CDI which will fit your Dio/Activa, then Honda Dio CDI: Accessories and performance parts for Honda Dio scooters. is the way to go, wont need any rewiring. The stock connected on the scoot has an 8pin config but 2 of the connectors are basically useless and this CDI should work really well.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:57   #17
BHPian

Xmod try this thai dealer might help, scooter racing is big in thailand,AKUNAR MOTORCYCLE PARTS & ACCESSORIES THAILAND
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:26   #18
BHPian

WHOA!!! nice work there bro!! love the way youve modded your scooter. just wantede to ask, is there anyway to retrofit a dio/activa with, err, a nitrous kit??
also, is it possible to get the aviator alloys on the dio. i know the front wheel is too big, but the rear wheel is just the same size as the dio.are these possible in anyway???
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
WHOA!!! nice work there bro!! love the way youve modded your scooter. just wantede to ask, is there anyway to retrofit a dio/activa with, err, a nitrous kit??
also, is it possible to get the aviator alloys on the dio. i know the front wheel is too big, but the rear wheel is just the same size as the dio.are these possible in anyway???

yea a nitrous kit can be fitted on a dio.. it may need to be a single dry shot i guess..

donno about the aviator alloys.. but if the rear one is the same size then am guessing yes you can!
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmOD View Post
yea a nitrous kit can be fitted on a dio.. it may need to be a single dry shot i guess..

donno about the aviator alloys.. but if the rear one is the same size then am guessing yes you can!
dang!! so how much would such a kit cost me anyways??? also what else should i do to prepare my dio for such an installation???? and what about perfomance????(i know it will make a HUGE difference but by how much??)
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
dang!! so how much would such a kit cost me anyways??? also what else should i do to prepare my dio for such an installation???? and what about perfomance????(i know it will make a HUGE difference but by how much??)
well you need bigger fuel jets or maybe a new carb, new filter, rollers, kevlar reinforced belt and lots of other stuff.. the list is endless.. it should cost you 10k-15k IMO. It'll make a huge difference but donno how much.. if you play your cards right, you can even build a 30bhp gearless monster without N2O. Dont ask me how but i think you should get hold of a tuner and let him do all these things for you.

hope i helped.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the comments cyrus. Theres a lot more planned for the scoot, my ultimate aim is to create a powerful wheelie machine that does wheelies at a flick of the throttle, which is very much possible the way i see it.

That box is the CDI. It regulates the CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) regulates the amount of voltage that goes to your spark plug through the ignition coil. When higher voltage is supplied, a bigger powerful spark is created which results in a better combustion. It also derestricts the amount of revolutions (RPM's) your engine does and allow it to spin to a higher revolution and hence increases top speed. This racing CDI is more powerful than the stock CDI that the DIO comes with and hence is better for use with aftermarket parts. Hope i could help.

I have ordered a new carburetor for the dio. The stock carb is 18m and am installing a bigger 24mm carb which will result in more power being generated.
i 've seen scoots on b'lor roads doing wheelies. very recently spotted a bunch of guys doing wheelies on their modded Dios on road. to look at it seemed like just intake and exhaust mod. their exhaust pipes looked like human intestine . - a little like chambered.
but i doubt if you can pull a 'power wheelie' on a vario drive machine?
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
i doubt if you can pull a 'power wheelie' on a vario drive machine?
well then you have'nt seen scoots abroad.. although 2 stroke but can easily do power wheelies on the road.. am not sure if the scoots like a dio may be able to do it but then i have'nt tried it so i dont know...
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
well you need bigger fuel jets or maybe a new carb, new filter, rollers, kevlar reinforced belt and lots of other stuff.. the list is endless.. it should cost you 10k-15k IMO. It'll make a huge difference but donno how much.. if you play your cards right, you can even build a 30bhp gearless monster without N2O. Dont ask me how but i think you should get hold of a tuner and let him do all these things for you.

hope i helped.
GOOD LORD!!!! that should leave an r15 in the dust!!!!! and without N2O u say!!! btw, how many bhp does your dio churn out???
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:43   #25
BHPian

not too sure aboutleaving the r15 in dust but yes that can be done.. it'll cost ya but can be done.. my dio as i've not dynoed it so donno how much it churns out but by going by avg increase according to the parts then it should around 11bhp over the stock 7bhp..
Old 21st September 2009, 22:45   #26
BHPian

Hi xMoD,
I liked your post and was inspiring because I am on a venture to mod my Kinetic Nova 110. The initial interest set out, after seeing the "Honda Ruckus" naked frame. Has naked frame crossed your mind? The low sitting height of the Honda Ruckus greatly improves in stability by keeping the center of gravity low. But in our cities the 'Pandu' won't let us get past him. How about some engine mods? Improve the squish areas of the cylinder, slightly increasing the center part of the piston head by a smooth coat TIG weld '4047 filler' and then milling the head, to give a slight central raise. This will improve the compression ratio and the 11-13% silicon in the welding element, will do good to heat resistance. Re-shaping the intake port (dremeling areas that are acute) and 'Mseal" (JB cold weld) 'epoxy puttying' the lower wall of the intake, are some ideas. Keep the inlet coarse textured. Back cutting the inlet valve 25- 30 degrees. Smooth texturing and dremelling the outlet port is essential. Use a free flow exhaust, as yours is a 4 stroke bike. Then a 24mm carb will make sense. Download this book " 4 stroke performance tuning" by A. Graham Bell. It has a wealth of knowledge. Do a torrent download. By the way do the Chinese guys just mail you the CDI, no custom checks and duties?? Was the payment by 'credit card' or 'paypal' account? I see u got 12" zapper wheels, after all this what about disk brakes, both front and rear, I don't suppose you are planning to become "Chandrayaan II". Jokes apart, the Chinese will supply those too. Have you moved your engine back a few inches to increase the wheel base??
Finally give the naked frame a thought, how would a Kinetic King tank with a naked frame look? Our very own Ruckus. Dropping unnecessary weight of the plastics, you know by now, would improve the power to weight ratio. Some of the modded ruckus have been know to do 130 Kmph open throttle. Check out the naked frame for yourself and see for yourself that your Dio's frame looks very very similar.

Note from Mod team: External hosting of pictures not allowed, links removed. Go through Announcement section on how to upload pictures directly on TBHP.

The above kinetic king's photo is to just show, we could use it's tank on a naked frame scooter. Guy's it's time we thought large......

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st September 2009 at 23:12. Reason: External hosting of pictures not allowed, thanks.
Old 24th September 2009, 00:35   #27
BHPian

Honda Dio Modded..still under construction..help needed!!-3319556962_b51cc6ca65.jpg

Honda Dio Modded..still under construction..help needed!!-2003hondaruckusa.jpg

Honda Dio Modded..still under construction..help needed!!-dsc01307ty6.jpg

Honda Dio Modded..still under construction..help needed!!-ruckus7.jpgthe pics of ruckus are here
Old 25th September 2009, 05:32   #28
BHPian

yea i know about the ruckus.. i personally like the Yamaha Aero X, i took a ride on it london.. its a fun scoot and my cousin had like totally modified it.. will post pics if i find em..
i have already reshaped the intake ports and and am now working towards an exhuast.. i was going for a 24mm carb myself but could'nt find one that fit the dio or the honda lead (UK) .. when i finally did find a carb by that time i had already ordered new jets for the existing carb so i din bother.. but thats on the cards too..

no i din move the engine back n forth in any way. i dont really know if 130k is possible but i would sure love to be in that place..lol..
Old 25th September 2009, 05:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
well then you have'nt seen scoots abroad.. although 2 stroke but can easily do power wheelies on the road.. am not sure if the scoots like a dio may be able to do it but then i have'nt tried it so i dont know...
Not possible wheelies on variomatic transmission 2 wheelers.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

just one question...

where did you sourced all the parts from ?? especially CDI !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks