Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2009, 18:42   #16
BHPian

Craiglist Ad

Even I had a look at the following ad (thanks to sudhir) which read

" it really is worth 80k, they don't make this model any more. it is the most powerful bullet ever made... less than 20,000 km on the odometer. it's in great shape! 1999 model. recent engine overhaul. sounds great. rides great. looks great"

what had be really surprised is that he went in for ( or claims as the case may be!) an engine overhaul even before 20K on the odo . That really failed to impress!

Source : classic bullet lightning
Old 16th June 2009, 10:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

There's an ad for a lightening 535 in the local dailies in Goa. It's been appearing for a few days now. The owner is quoting a ridiculous 1 Lakh (non-negotionable) for the bike.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:54   #18
BHPian

iam selling my lightning pm me for details
Old 8th July 2009, 17:35   #19
BHPian

Machismo 500 LB booked

The search started with the Lightning 535 and has ended at the Machismo 500 LB!!!

After I received a lot of negative remarks on the Lightning 535, I changed my preference to the Standard 500. Initially,finding one seemed to be a tough job,but soon I stumbled upon a couple of them, all with a ridiculous price tag (near 90k -1lk!!!)

So when my friend (who owned a new 500 LB, 3.5k to the odo) was going abroad and asked me to keep his bike for a month, I jumped at the opportunity! The bike handled well, yes the clatter from the engine was evident and the "thump" was muted but the performance was mind-boggling. I did 2 trips for Chennai to Bangalore & back and found it to be a great cruiser, just what I needed.

So at last the search ends and the Machismo 500LB (Alberto Green) was booked yesterday ,I was promised delivery by 15 days so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks to all for your help in my search!!!
Old 8th July 2009, 17:44   #20
BHPian

Congratz Mahesh. Can you please let me know the on-road price for the machismo 500.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:51   #21
BHPian

500 lb price

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Congratz Mahesh. Can you please let me know the on-road price for the machismo 500.

Thanks in advance.
Came to 1.13lk on road
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:33   #22
BHPian

Mahesh,

So have you taken delivery of your new Machismo 500? If so some pictures please.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mahesh...have fun!
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:58   #24
BHPian

Congrats Mahesh! Do post pics of your new ride.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:25   #25
BHPian

Hey Mahesh, Great to see another "Great indian Locomotive" Owner. May you have great fun with the Mighty One.

Heres Mine : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/61959-finally-got-bullet-machismo-500lb-la-poderosa.html

Do post your pics here and on the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...re-please.html Thread too.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:22   #26
BHPian

Sorry Guys,

I was supposed to get my new bull by the 18th, but unfortunately as per the Area Manager of RE, Alberto Green is not a "fast moving colour" so now he has promised me delivery by this month end So I'm keeping my fingers crossed !!!

I'll post the pics as soon as I get my paws on her !!!
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:10   #27
BHPian

The Mistress is now in town !!!!

Guys I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to do justice to this thread, my work has been quite hectic. I always wanted to write a detailed experience regarding the process; so here goes.

I had already decided to go in for the Machismo 500 before I went so I expected that there was no issue, it would be a clear case of Walk in - Pay - Get out !! But once I waltzed into the RE Brand Showroom at Adyar on th 5th , I really felt as if I was a headless chicken running around, at first I saw the Machismo Black , then the Electra Red caught my eye, but frankly the real stunner was .....(surprise;surprise) ..... the Standard 350. she just looked so majestic that I couldn't take my eyes off her! Now I was totally confused. But then (fortunately) the missus exercised her veto, since I already have a CI bullet, and was hunting around for a 500cc, Machismo it would be. The sales chap there offered to show me Alberto Green which was to be delivered to another guy the next day, "GREEN" I thought "UGGH, No thanks". But I ended up saying half heartedly "OK".

Once I saw her it was beautiful, the colour was not green, rather near gray...or teal ..or something. Whoever thought of calling that green should be give a rap on the knuckles!! Really the bike looked great in that skin and I felt that it was quite unique as I hadn't seen much of that colour around. I have read other post here that gave a grim view of the RE dealers, especially regarding the test rides on Pre-Delivery bikes and making people wait endlessly for test rides that never materialised. So I decided to insist on a test ride,but surprisingly the sales guy just whipped out a key and offered it to me!! Had a look and the bike was an earlier 500 model (in which the decomp moved vertically rather than horizontally) and it had done 3.5k on the odo so definitely not a PD bike. Satisfied, I handed over the cheque.

Regarding the guys at the Brand Showroom; frankly this was the first time I was in a RE showroom (my previous RE was bought from a friend). but the attitude here is much different than any other showrooms I have been to, its more like I'm buying it for a relative or something, the eagerness to sell / brainwash you into buying is absent , its just feels like you are having an informal chat with someone. It has its pro's and cons as I found out.
The Pro was that they don't try to butter you to buy expensive accessories (like the RE Saddle Bag which costs 10k), they told me to just check out Cramster in Bangalore as that would have more useful stuff at a less price. Also they give you the same attention whether you go for the Std 350 or the Machismo 500. But main thing was that at the end of meeting any staff, I used to end up chatting with him for some time where they would share the experiences, customer feedback and even pictures of the factory test track showing various export models and assemly lines, etc. My wife would put that in the cons list I'm Sure. But in the end you feel like you have just met an old friend. In short all the Managers that I have met there are RE enthusiasts and most of them own an RE and All of them (at least all that I met) regularly take part in RE trips.
The Cons are that you end up calling them everytime for updates on your vehicle or anything else; don't expect them to call you and their lack of eagerness to sell translates quite simply "No Discounts!!", its Take It or Leave it (is it the same in other RE Showrooms??)

Staying with that I found out that my vehicle had come to the showroom yesterday so I rushed there today morning. I was taken to the basement where the bikes were kept. Now this place was every Bulleteer's Paradise, about 3-4 dozen RE's of every make and colour standing there just waiting to be picked up. I was that I didn't carry my phone to take a picture. I was shown my bike and assured delivery tomorrow. So the love affair begins. I will keep you guys posted on further developments.

Cheers
Mahesh
Old 7th August 2009, 19:36   #28
BHPian

So, Mahesh... took delivery yet? I hope there were no further delays. We're looking forward to a write-up on your first experiences.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
So, Mahesh... took delivery yet? I hope there were no further delays. We're looking forward to a write-up on your first experiences.
Here are some initial pictures. I thought that I will write aninitial review after about 500k (after Run-In). Already 200 on the odo!

Sorry the pictures are not too scenic it's just the car park!!
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for a 500CC Bullet Lightning EDIT now bought Machismo 500LB (Alberto Green)-p8050003-small.jpg  

Searching for a 500CC Bullet Lightning EDIT now bought Machismo 500LB (Alberto Green)-p8050004-small.jpg  

Searching for a 500CC Bullet Lightning EDIT now bought Machismo 500LB (Alberto Green)-p8050005-small.jpg  

Searching for a 500CC Bullet Lightning EDIT now bought Machismo 500LB (Alberto Green)-p8050006-small.jpg  

Old 7th August 2009, 20:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Saw the update. Congrats!!

Where are the pictures?

Last edited by PatienceWins : 7th August 2009 at 20:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks