Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:27   #1381
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Maybe RE doesn't want to detract from the classic spoke wheels of the bullet.
Since a lot of RE riders tend to take their bikes in long distance rides that involve some bit of kutcha road riding, spoked wheels are better as they don't tend to get bent unlike alloys. Alloys are fine if your riding is confined to cities where the rods tend to be better. But if you are going to Leh, use the spoked wheels.
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:06   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Nor could i find any bolt on the grip to unlock!
Just plain force will do the trick,Like how Adrian says.

It helps a lot if you apply a twisting movement as well along with the outward pushing movement.Atleast for me it did.

Regards
Old 24th December 2014, 10:55   #1383
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had booked a CL350 6 months back and 2 days back I got a call from the dealer that I can pay the full amount and take delivery of the bike but I choose to wait for 2015 models so any idea when the 2015 manufactured CL350 would hit the showrooms in Bangalore?

Regards,
Vijay
Old 24th December 2014, 20:40   #1384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Hi Guys,

I had booked a CL350 6 months back and 2 days back I got a call from the dealer that I can pay the full amount and take delivery of the bike but I choose to wait for 2015 models so any idea when the 2015 manufactured CL350 would hit the showrooms in Bangalore?

Regards,
Vijay
Should take a month maximum as the older stocks would have to get depleted. FIFO is used so 2014 ones will be sold first.

Looking at the demand on average a month should be good enough.

Why not ask the dealer directly and see what they say.

Anurag.
Old 25th December 2014, 10:37   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Should take a month maximum as the older stocks would have to get depleted. FIFO is used so 2014 ones will be sold first.

Looking at the demand on average a month should be good enough.

Why not ask the dealer directly and see what they say.

Anurag.
Checked with the dealer, he says 2015 models will start reaching the showroom by mid of March

The dealer is more interested in selling me the 2014 model, he was forcing me to make the payment immediately and take the bike instead of waiting for another 2.5 months. Also he was pointing out that from 1st Jan 2015, prices of all RE bikes will go up by 5-6k. Not sure how much of this is true.

Vijay
Old 25th December 2014, 10:46   #1386
BANNED

Quote:

Checked with the dealer, he says 2015 models will start reaching the showroom by mid of March

The dealer is more interested in selling me the 2014 model, he was forcing me to make the payment immediately and take the bike instead of waiting for another 2.5 months. Also he was pointing out that from 1st Jan 2015, prices of all RE bikes will go up by 5-6k. Not sure how much of this is true.
What the SA is saying is true. Why would any dealer be wanting to keep old stock (2014) which would be a dead inventory later on.

Either cancel the booking and wait for 3 months for fresh stock or else buy the 2014 model bike at some discount.

Anurag.
Old 25th December 2014, 11:19   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What the SA is saying is true. Why would any dealer be wanting to keep old stock (2014) which would be a dead inventory later on.

Either cancel the booking and wait for 3 months for fresh stock or else buy the 2014 model bike at some discount.

Anurag.
Instead of cancelling the booking, the dealer has given me an option to wait till end of February and then make the payment to get a 2015 model. So I have decided to wait till end of February.

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 25th December 2014, 11:37   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Instead of cancelling the booking, the dealer has given me an option to wait till end of February and then make the payment to get a 2015 model. So I have decided to wait till end of February.

Thanks,
Vijay
Vijay,Enfield bullets don't lose that much value because of year change. We buy the bull for passion.Unlike cars,were we tend to think about lose of value due to year change. Actually ,waiting is more difficult .Anyway decision is yours.
Old 25th December 2014, 11:46   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Vijay,Enfield bullets don't lose that much value because of year change. We buy the bull for passion.Unlike cars,were we tend to think about lose of value due to year change. Actually ,waiting is more difficult .Anyway decision is yours.
Thank you for your advice, I would hardly be in Bangalore for the next two months so does not make much of a difference, hence decided to wait.

Vijay
Old 25th December 2014, 20:56   #1390
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Today I saw a RE in White colour. Could not make it whether it was a Classic 350 or 500. Is this a new paint scheme in RE stable. Bike looked similar to the Triumph Bonneville in appearance. Could someone in this forum confirm if this is the new paint scheme please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
I believe you saw the Classic 500, which has a off white paint scheme along with dark brown stripes. RE has changed the paint schemes of both the Classic models and this one of them, I reckon.
The new white paint combo is only available in classic 350 not 500. A friend wanted the scheme in white on a 500 but it is not an option.
Old 26th December 2014, 11:56   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

Here you go, i think it looks gorgeous in this colour:

http://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/classic-350
Old 31st December 2014, 13:09   #1392
BHPian

I've got a month old CL350, done about 1800 kms. About a week ago, I've started hearing a rattling(?) noise of some sort which I think is emanating from the exhaust. This noise crops up only at slightly higher RPMs. Also, I only heard when I was riding pillion once, ie, it can't be heard with a helmet on. I've followed the run-in process quite judiciously, so I am a bit worried since this is both my first bike and first RE. I don't ride fast, for the most part I keep to below 60kmph, and have touched 100kmph just twice, briefly. How can this be rectified, and is this a generic problem?

Also, how much of a difference in performance and FE would the Wild Boar exhaust bring about? I am really considering shifting to that once I cross the 2k mark..

Thanks in advance
Old 31st December 2014, 13:27   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I've got a month old CL350, done about 1800 kms. About a week ago, I've started hearing a rattling(?) noise of some sort which I think is emanating from the exhaust. This noise crops up only at slightly higher RPMs.
Next time when you ride and hear this rattle, take your foot off the right peg and place it over the exhaust heat shields. If the rattle gets rectified, then tighten the heat shield fasteners.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 01:28   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree adrian. It is most likely the heat shield fasteners that have vibrated loose.

Speaking of that, it is always a good idea to check any and all of the visible bolts and nuts to see if they have become loose during the initial break in period.

I understand that many of you already know this but for those of you who haven't done any maintenance on mechanical things, to tighten a bolt or nut, turn it clockwise.

Those of you who do not own wrenches (spanners) should buy some to supplement the tools supplied with your new Royal Enfield. The tool kit does not include several sizes that will be needed.
Those who don't have them and can afford to buy them should also get a complete set of sockets along with a ratchet wrench to drive them. A short extension shaft is also very useful to allow the socket to reach nuts and bolts that are not easily accessable.
A 3/8 inch square drive set of sockets doesn't cost all that much and they are often much better for reaching hard to get to bolts and nuts. Because they grip the entire hexagon head of the bolt or nut they also are much less likely to round off the hex corners.

While getting a few tools to service your Royal Enfield also look for a small bottle of blue thread locking compound.
To use this, back off the nut to expose the bolt threads. Then apply a very small drop of this compound to the threads of the bolt. The compound will stay fluid until the fastener is tightened. Once tightened, the compound will harden making the nut much harder to remove. Do NOT use the RED locking compound. It is made for perminant installations that are meant to never come apart. The BLUE compound on the other hand can be taken apart by using just a bit more twisting power.
That extra twisting power is enough to keep the bolts and nuts from coming loose from vibration.

While I'm talking about thread locking compounds, DO NOT use these on drain plugs, filter cover bolts or spark plug threads. That would make servicing the engine very difficult and the compound is not needed at those locations.
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 22:01   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
One small question. My B500, Amun-Ra, just completed 15000 km today, with only one long ride to Goa, in November. Is there any way I can identify beforehand when the Clutch cable has to be changed. I tried looking for broken strands at the joints, but none is visible. Tomorrow I am going for the servicing too.
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks