Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 17:54   #1351
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post

OT - Any ideas on what these guys are finding fault with the Bullets in the following video ?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zhhXneJ5y7M
regards adrian
Hi Adrian, not sure if you've already got your answer on this. The Punjab police seems to be in crackdown mode on 'Bult' with modified silencers primarily as it can be dangerous and cause harm to elderly, pregnant women. The main cause is the loud exhausts and also the misfire the cops are identifying by racing the throttle. The 'misfire' they say sounds like a gunshot so they want all 'Bult' owners to change to the recommended and legal ones.
SuperSlick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 20:03   #1352
BHPian

I guess they are checking the Silencer volume in terms of Naked ear decibels. The main thing is that as I much I love the thump of my bikes, many people go overboard in terms of getting the original thump and kill their engines. There are all types of silencers doing rounds in the market, but the one's in Punjab are not really bike friendly at all. They are called as "Dholki's", and do not have glass wool, or gauze or anything. Not to mention about creating a nuisance on the road as well.
Other than that, of course they are checking for the misfiring as it actually sounds like gun shots.
Karlitoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 10:26   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
The main cause is the loud exhausts and also the misfire the cops are identifying by racing the throttle.
Totally agree that there should be limitations regarding exhaust roars and fires But from the video you can see the cop twisting the throttle and playing around with the engine kill switch with the left hand inducing the misfire. You will get a gunshot aka misfire even with the stock muffler if you roll on the throttle and deprive it of the current temporarily by flicking the engine kill switch. I just cannot agree to the fact that one has to pay penalty or have his Bullet seized for an induced misfire. Most probably they are trying to attain their assigned target of raising revenue for Government.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 9th December 2014 at 10:30.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:27   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Some nostalgia , although not too old.
By any chance, would you have the original CI (mid 90's) Machismo print advert?
It went on to say something like this, "If you are not a real motorcycle lover, we are not interested", with that post office red machismo in the background.

Last edited by jeeva : 10th December 2014 at 09:29.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:58   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
It went on to say something like this, "If you are not a real motorcycle lover, we are not interested", with that post office red machismo in the background.
I am sure I would have had it in my magazine collection from early 90's,which unfortunately I don't have anymore. Let me try to source it anyhow.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 00:08   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I am sure I would have had it in my magazine collection from early 90's,which unfortunately I don't have anymore. Let me try to source it anyhow.
I am also waiting for this. Kindly see if you can find the advertisement for bullet deluxe also.
Although RE has completely change their lines, when they launched the machismo with AVL engine in year 2000. It was “WHO SAYS THE TOUGH GUYS DON’T DANCE”.
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 15:56   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
I am also waiting for this. Kindly see if you can find the advertisement for bullet deluxe also.
Although RE has completely change their lines, when they launched the machismo with AVL engine in year 2000. It was “WHO SAYS THE TOUGH GUYS DON’T DANCE”.
Managed to get this from another thread;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dustry-19.html
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-dscn0700.jpg  

tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 15:22   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Guys I just booked a TB500 Marine. expected delivery is within 15 days. One thing I want to get done right away is to get alloys and tubeless tyres. I have zeroed in on Pajaro harley iron 883 style alloys. Any feedback on alloys and tubeless tyres for TB? As re. tyres i was planning on getting Pirelli sport demon 130/70 R18 for the rear and PSD 90/90 R19 for the front.
Old 15th December 2014, 17:56   #1359
BHPian

Dear All,
I have been working on my Machicmo A350 (AVL engine). My ride was grounded for about a year now. I plan to change all fluids, cables, tyres, shocks (back only), carburetor, sparkplug and may be wiring.
I am right now working on engine and gear box.
Question: Can someone guide me with clutch servicing? Will changing oil (oil + grease) be sufficient for gear box? I would also need help on checking electricals including coil?
Since my bike was stopped for about a year, what else do I need to check?
Old 15th December 2014, 18:41   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Guys I just booked a TB500 Marine. expected delivery is within 15 days. One thing I want to get done right away is to get alloys and tubeless tyres. I have zeroed in on Pajaro harley iron 883 style alloys. Any feedback on alloys and tubeless tyres for TB? As re. tyres i was planning on getting Pirelli sport demon 130/70 R18 for the rear and PSD 90/90 R19 for the front.

Have you already had experiences with spoked TB? If not my suggestion is to run the stock combo for the first 2k, It is not possible to speed on first 2k anyway isn't it? personally have not had any issue going till 120. Of course the bike starts vibrating like nobody's business past 110. Just my 2 cents.
Old 16th December 2014, 00:52   #1361
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I own a Thunderbird (July 2013).
I was wondering if it possible to change from Stock tyres to Tubeless tyres, without changing to Alloy wheels.

i.e., (Tubeless tyres + Stock Spoke wheels)

Please guide me if this is possible and the pros and cons associated with it.

I don't wish to change from my Stock spoke wheels as purchasing Alloy wheels would be a costly affair and my budget is less.
I intend to change to Tubeless tyres because of the easy puncture fixing and ability to go upto 100 kms with a punctured tyre.
Regards

Last edited by bhasker : 16th December 2014 at 00:54. Reason: missing info
Old 16th December 2014, 00:56   #1362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasker View Post
Gentlemen,

I own a Thunderbird (July 2013).
I was wondering if it possible to change from Stock tyres to Tubeless tyres, without changing to Alloy wheels.

i.e., (Tubeless tyres + Stock Spoke wheels)
To the best of my knowledge. NO.

The spoke wheels cannot provide an air tight seal for the air to remain inside.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 03:22   #1363
Distinguished - BHPian

bblost is correct. A tubeless tyre mounted on a spoke rim will rapidly leak all of the air out thru the spoke nipples.
Often, the shape of the rim on a spoked wheel will not seal properly with a tubeless tyre so even if the spoke nipples were sealed the tyre could refuse to maintain its air pressure.

One can mount tubeless tyres on the spoke type rims with an inner tube installed inside of it without a problem and this is often done when someone wants one of the softer rubber compounds for more grip. (These softer compounds wear out faster).
It is also done if a tube tyre is not available and is needed quickly or a new tubeless tyre is available at a greatly reduced price.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 11:05   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Have you already had experiences with spoked TB? If not my suggestion is to run the stock combo for the first 2k, It is not possible to speed on first 2k anyway isn't it? personally have not had any issue going till 120. Of course the bike starts vibrating like nobody's business past 110. Just my 2 cents.
Prasanna, the sole reason i want to change to alloys and tubeless is safety. The last thing i want is a tyre burst when im doing 100 KPH on a highway. RE are really taking their audience for granted by not providing alloys and tubeless on a 2 lakh bike when a 50000 rupees splendor has them!
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 13:22   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Prasanna, the sole reason i want to change to alloys and tubeless is safety. The last thing i want is a tyre burst when im doing 100 KPH on a highway. RE are really taking their audience for granted by not providing alloys and tubeless on a 2 lakh bike when a 50000 rupees splendor has them!
Not sure if a spoked wheel has a higher risk of tire burst than am alloy wheel. As a matter of fact I personally have not heard of such an occurrence with stock fittings.

IMHO it is better to stick to OEM equipment than unknown Alloy manufactures. It is very difficult to visually verify if an alloy wheel has any microscopic defects. A defective alloy wheel has a far higher chance of disintegrating without warning as compared to a spoked wheel.

It is possible to limp back home with a bent rim and broken spokes whereas a cracked alloy will leave one stranded.

A reliable and certified alloy wheel off course can swing the decision if any such product was available.

Last edited by adnaps : 16th December 2014 at 13:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks