Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 11:14   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
...bullet’s battery died. I have 1997 model RE Machismo with CI engine and point. I had Amaron 5 Amp battery for almost 4 years...
I have a 14AH Exide Biker(?) or something. Using it since 2008 December. Self start is still working. I have not come across any heating problem, but, I don't get enough time to ride beyond ~30kms or so at a stretch these days.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 12:24   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have a 14AH Exide Biker(?) or something.
-BJ
Dear BJ,
14 AH battery is for self start REs not for old gen bikes. Let me put GPS, Hella HIDs with Xenon headlamp on my bike to justify 14 AH battery
just kidding. let me search for Exide biker battery though.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 30th May 2014, 12:52   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Dear BJ,
14 AH battery is for self start REs not for old gen bikes....
Shubh,
I was just drawing a reference that Battery (on bikes too) can last for years. Even if it is so called MF, once in a while pry open the holes with the screw driver and check/refill distilled water. This will keep it running fine for years. If you are sensing overheating check your alternator output with a multimeter at full accelerator. If RR is damaged it can fry the battery. It is a simple DIY job to check (and replace) RR. PM me if you are in Pune, and I can do it for you...
-BJ
Old 30th May 2014, 13:02   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Shubh,
I was just drawing a reference that Battery (on bikes too) can last for years. Even if it is so called MF, once in a while pry open the holes with the screw driver and check/refill distilled water. This will keep it running fine for years. If you are sensing overheating check your alternator output with a multimeter at full accelerator. If RR is damaged it can fry the battery. It is a simple DIY job to check (and replace) RR. PM me if you are in Pune, and I can do it for you...
-BJ
Thank you BJ for pointers, reference and your offer. Will get it sorted this weekend.
BTW i used to work on my bikes (have half dozen old bikes) by my own, you have rekindled that DIY 'Keeda' which i have concentrated toward jeeps now.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:02   #1115
BHPian

Fellow Bulleters,

After riding about 8 months, I am beginning to see some rust spots beneath the paint layer on my both the Fuse Box and Air Filter Box on my 2013 Classic 350.
The rust appears as greenish spots and as it was beneath a layer of paint I was oblivious of it being rust for a long time !(Assumed they were stubborn dust spots which were not coming off easily).

Now my question is as I still have almost 4 month of warranty left, will RE be able to repaint/replace both of these parts ? And any tips please to keep it from getting worse.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:35   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius 1 View Post
After riding about 8 months, I am beginning to see some rust spots beneath the paint layer on my both the Fuse Box and Air Filter Box on my 2013 Classic 350
No.RE warrenty does not cover "Common problems such as Rust,Viberations,Engine noise" .Use some sand paper,rub off the rust.Apply some paint over that.Thats the only way!

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th June 2014 at 07:45. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply. Next time infraction
Old 9th June 2014, 23:49   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius 1 View Post
Now my question is as I still have almost 4 month of warranty left, will RE be able to repaint/replace both of these parts ? And any tips please to keep it from getting worse.
Yes, rust problem is covered under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
No.RE warrenty does not cover "Common problems such as Rust,Viberations,Engine noise" .Use some sand paper,rub off the rust.Apply some paint over that.Thats the only way!
RE warranty does cover bad paint & rust problems. It also covers unusual engine noise, which might be the result of the engine problem.
Old 10th June 2014, 10:53   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Yes, rust problem is covered under warranty

RE warranty does cover bad paint & rust problems. It also covers unusual engine noise, which might be the result of the engine problem.
Please find the lines from RE User manual below:
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-re-warranty.png  

Old 10th June 2014, 11:24   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please find the lines from RE User manual below:
The hell? Slight vibration and Oil Leak not covered under warranty?? I am using up my smiley limit entirely on Royal Enfield!
Old 10th June 2014, 11:50   #1120
BHPian

Hi -

I keep hearing about this new 'THUNDERBIRD OFF ROAD SILENCER', however every service center I have gone to i hear ' its out of stock' or 'expected in a month' (its been 3 months of hearing the same line)..

has anyone actually seen / used this product? any pictures / reviews of this?

Am planning to change to a RE approved one - need to change the current beat without any issues on Warranty...
Old 10th June 2014, 12:49   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
The hell? Slight vibration and Oil Leak not covered under warranty?? I am using up my smiley limit entirely on Royal Enfield!
from my side too. They consider these major issues not at all an issue. I believe someone in RE said 'Motorcycle don’t leak oil, They mark their territory ‘ .To me oil leak is still an Oil leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrr View Post
Hi -

I keep hearing about this new 'THUNDERBIRD OFF ROAD SILENCER', however every service center I have gone to i hear ' its out of stock' or 'expected in a month' (its been 3 months of hearing the same line)..

has anyone actually seen / used this product? any pictures / reviews of this?

Am planning to change to a RE approved one - need to change the current beat without any issues on Warranty...
I dont think they have off road silencer specific to Thunderbird. My bird is fitted with a Wild Boar Thunderbird specific silencer.Its still running under warrenty.Recently I got some parts replaced under warrenty on my bird
Old 10th June 2014, 13:25   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi -

I have not heard about a TB specific silencer. Or do you mean the Classic's upswept silencer?

Royal Enfield Queries-23classic5004.jpg

However, when the TB was first flashed to the public (Delhi Auto Expo IIRC) there was a prototype silencer which was showcased (Below pic). However I think they never made it to production.

Royal Enfield Queries-tb500-silencer.jpg
Old 10th June 2014, 15:27   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
I have not heard about a TB specific silencer. Or do you mean the Classic's upswept silencer?

Attachment 1248852

However, when the TB was first flashed to the public (Delhi Auto Expo IIRC) there was a prototype silencer which was showcased (Below pic). However I think they never made it to production.

Attachment 1248851

I had specifically asked for TB, the servie center mechanic & spare sales guys described it as upswept but diferent from the Classic ones and is supposed to have a good beat too

The ones in the background look nice(pic2).... wish there were a couple more factory options for TB
Old 10th June 2014, 15:36   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think they have off road silencer specific to Thunderbird. My bird is fitted with a Wild Boar Thunderbird specific silencer.Its still running under warrenty.Recently I got some parts replaced under warrenty on my bird
The serivce center mecanic told me about this a couple months back, specifically for TB upswept and with good beat (they called it the NEW TB OFFROAD silencer) .... and then today when i asked about other options as it was perennially out of sock, I got lectured on the harmful affects of third party exausts on the engine and how that voids the warranty ...

How satisfied are you with the WildBoar, I am looking for a decent thump medium noise level... a distintive beat
Old 10th June 2014, 20:30   #1125
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1248852

Attachment 1248851
Quote:
The serivce center mecanic told me about this a couple months back, specifically for TB upswept and with good beat (they called it the NEW TB OFFROAD silencer) .... and then today when i asked about other options as it was perennially out of sock, I got lectured on the harmful affects of third party exausts on the engine and how that voids the warranty ...

How satisfied are you with the WildBoar, I am looking for a decent thump medium noise level... a distintive beat
This one?I tried to source one of these.it is not available.All I could find with a black coating was a tailgunner.
WBis good for tbts500.Beat is good.I am satisfied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks