Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 10:27   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Spot on! Same problem is there with pulsars too.
Dada, This problem had come up after the third servicing. I have noticed that at the SS, after opening the fuel tank lid, these guys release the keys by pushing the latch upwards. Below is the image which I captured late night post office. Can you please have a look at your bullet's fuel tank lid and tell me if anything is missing. Might be some rubber valves etc.

Royal Enfield Queries-aviary_1401243422264.jpg

By the way, you know what!! Yesterday, while I was leaving office, I had opened up the lid, to release the vapors etc, then went on some distance when I had to wait for the signals to turn green. Now normally what happens is that I have to continuously keep on slight revving else the engine dies or shut the engine completely. Surprisingly, last night, I was stuck at the signal for approx 25 odd seconds but the engine was continuously on a slight rev. It did not die . I again tested at the railway crossing and same great experience. The engine continued to be alive with the slight tune of the thump. I am very happy and would like to thank you for bringing this to my knowledge. So my Pulsar and Bullet share the same problem. Brothers in arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Yes, It was replaced under warranty. ...
Shan, can you please tell me what is the procedure then? Making this pin heads agree to some thing is like beating your head against the wall. Is there any tactics or tricks to have it accomplished effortlessly. I can definitely write an e-mail, but then again it will be directed towards these pin-heads.

Please advise.
Old 28th May 2014, 11:00   #1097

Could someone please tell me wether the exhaust pipe on the twinspark 350 will cross fit directly onto an AVL 350 engine(5 speed left shift) without interfering with the rear brake pedal & kick lever?

Have attached both pics for reference.

Royal Enfield Queries-2008royalenfieldthunderbirda.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-bullet350uce.jpg

Thanks in advance
Regards
Old 28th May 2014, 13:22   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil_mohile View Post
Could someone please tell me wether the exhaust pipe on the twinspark 350 will cross fit directly onto an AVL 350 engine(5 speed left shift) without interfering with the rear brake pedal & kick lever?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Will the UCE muffler fit on the AVL bend pipe, the diameter?

If it does, I don't see any issues in fitting it. But, do note that the UCE muffler will look out of place on the TB.
Old 28th May 2014, 13:47   #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Will the UCE muffler fit on the AVL bend pipe, the diameter?

If it does, I don't see any issues in fitting it. But, do note that the UCE muffler will look out of place on the TB.
No, what I'm asking is will the bend pipe from the UCE fit the AVL engine with respect to diameter as well as interference with kick lever & brake pedal.
Old 28th May 2014, 15:15   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Shan, can you please tell me what is the procedure then? Making this pin heads agree to some thing is like beating your head against the wall. Is there any tactics or tricks to have it accomplished effortlessly. I can definitely write an e-mail, but then again it will be directed towards these pin-heads.

Please advise.
I sent an email to the customerservice (at) royalenfield.com & they sent me the contact details for the ASM /TSM of my region. I called him & in a harder tone of voice, directed him ( not request ) to change the Oil cap & other parts that had to be changed.

If you request them, they think you are a fool who cannot take, what is rightfully yours. Don't be soft spoken, be commanding & demand an explanation for BAD QC. Also do mention the time period that you are complaining from about the issue.

Regards

Shan
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 15:22   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post

If you request them, they think you are a fool who cannot take, what is rightfully yours. Don't be soft spoken, be commanding & demand an explanation for BAD QC. Also do mention the time period that you are complaining from about the issue.

Regards

Shan
Thank you Shan. I think i have the phone number of the Asm, let me try contacting him and chk out. I will keep the thread updated.

Kind regards
Old 28th May 2014, 16:11   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil_mohile View Post
No, what I'm asking is will the bend pipe from the UCE fit the AVL engine with respect to diameter as well as interference with kick lever & brake pedal.
It will not.

It is not the kicker or the brake level that will give a problem.
The header is not compatible with the exhaust outlet on the engine.

Why would you want to swap them anyway? The UCE and AVL are two different engines and the bend pipes are designed accordingly.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 09:45   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Can you please have a look at your bullet's fuel tank lid and tell me if anything is missing. Might be some rubber valves etc.

By the way, you know what!! Yesterday, while I was leaving office, I had opened up the lid, to release the vapors etc, then went on some distance when I had to wait for the signals to turn green. Now normally what happens is that I have to continuously keep on slight revving else the engine dies or shut the engine completely. Surprisingly, last night, I was stuck at the signal for approx 25 odd seconds but the engine was continuously on a slight rev. It did not die . I again tested at the railway crossing and same great experience. The engine continued to be alive with the slight tune of the thump. I am very happy and would like to thank you for bringing this to my knowledge. So my Pulsar and Bullet share the same problem. Brothers in arms
Great to hear it bro!

Sorry, I no longer have my RE with me. Sold him long ago. May be some others can post the fuel lid pics.
Old 29th May 2014, 10:29   #1104
BHPian

I had just completed 1200 kms on the ODO on my Electra 350, that i got in Oct last year. The first service was done at 500kms, then the next was due by 3k kms, I was shocked when the dealer called yesterday and said you skipped your 2nd service since you did not turn up within 3 months or 3k kms, whichever is earlier. Meaning - No matter what RE will service your bullet and be done with it.

The most important thing is, when my bullet has not completed 3k kms on the ODO, how will the early service benefit the bullet? I have never seen this with any other manufacturer, I have owned a few vehicles in my lifetime so far and never once did i come across something like this.

So now I have to skip the 2nd service and get the 3rd service done, even though the bullet has not done 3000 kms on the ODO.

Anyways the free services are junk, my electra still has a lot of vibrations, I have no clue when that would be sorted, had asked the engineer the first time and he said it should settle down with more riding.
Old 29th May 2014, 11:22   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
I had just completed 1200 kms on the ODO on my Electra 350, that i got in Oct last year. The first service was done at 500kms, then the next was due by 3k kms, I was shocked when the dealer called yesterday and said you skipped your 2nd service since you did not turn up within 3 months or 3k kms, whichever is earlier. Meaning - No matter what RE will service your bullet and be done with it.
Hey gearbox,

Isn't this the case with all manufacturers (cars & bikes)? You would have a cap on both the kms and the duration.

Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st May 2014 at 11:24. Reason: Please dont quote entire long post for a short reply
Old 29th May 2014, 13:30   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey gearbox,
Isn't this the case with all manufacturers (cars & bikes)?
You would have a cap on both the kms and the duration.
Cheers,
Deepak
But only 3 months to complete, 3000 kilometers? Isn't that a very short period to complete 3000 kms? I mean not everyone goes on long road trips, do they?
Old 29th May 2014, 16:49   #1107
Senior - BHPian

So, today morning while coming to office my bullet’s battery died. I have 1997 model RE Machismo with CI engine and point. I had Amaron 5 Amp battery for almost 4 years and it was changed 15 months back under warranty. What battery you all suggest for CI engine.
My mech was suggesting to go for Exide liquid acid battery as it takes superfluous charge generated by bike when you rev hard. As per him current Amaron VRLA battery does not take charge and overheats. I have had few incidents with Amaron battery when its overcharged, heat, internal connection breakage etc. so it was not trouble free 4 years. I am ready to change battery every two years but want to avoid these intermittent issues.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 29th May 2014, 20:04   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
I have never seen this with any other manufacturer, I have owned a few vehicles in my lifetime so far and never once did i come across something like this.
This is common with all manufactureres as far as I know. And yes, the free service is usually just an engine oil change. The oil change after 500kms is important to flush all the micro particles resulted due to the bedding-in of the engine.
Old 29th May 2014, 23:52   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The most important thing is, when my bullet has not completed 3k kms on the ODO, how will the early service benefit the bullet? I have never seen this with any other manufacturer, I have owned a few vehicles in my lifetime so far and never once did i come across something like this.

So now I have to skip the 2nd service and get the 3rd service done, even though the bullet has not done 3000 kms on the ODO.

Anyways the free services are junk, my electra still has a lot of vibrations, I have no clue when that would be sorted, had asked the engineer the first time and he said it should settle down with more riding.
To me, it looks like your dealer has arbitrarily picked some time requirement for the services.

My Owners Manual says the first oil change/service is required at 500km. The second oil change/service is required at 3000km. It says nothing about a time limit or requirement for these services.

It may be the dealer has chosen to impose the time limit to assure work for his employes?
Perhaps he is trying to link any free oil changes and services that may be available to the time limit so he can charge you for them?

Yes, it is important to have the recommended services done but the only requirement for my Royal Enfield is the distance traveled.

I suggest that you contact Royal Enfield directly and explain what has happened. Speaking with someone in their Customer Relation Department would be best. If that is not an option, here is a link to the Royal Enfield site on the web.
Select "SUPPORT" and then select "CONTACT US".

http://royalenfield.com/

Ask them if this is normal and if your failing to have the work done, even though the motorcycle had not reached the next designated distance would impact the motorcycles warranty.

I suspect it is not normal and if you have the service done when the motorcycle reaches 3000 km your warranty will still be good.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:52   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
To me, it looks like your dealer has arbitrarily picked some time requirement for the services.

My Owners Manual says the first oil change/service is required at 500km. The second oil change/service is required at 3000km. It says nothing about a time limit or requirement for these services
Unfortunately, I checked the Service book now, and the 2nd free service is at 90 days + 15 days or X kms, whichever is earlier, so my 2nd service is lost. RE wants to get rid of the warranty and free services ASAP, the last one being at 270 days. I am not happy with this really.

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st May 2014 at 11:24. Reason: Please dont quote entire long post for a short reply

Most Viewed