Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2014, 11:43   #1051
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
AFAIK, All Bullets used to come with Exide Batteries. And the OEM one's used to last long as well. I still use the same stock Exide Battery which came with my Electra in 2009.

Also, since your starter is not working, it means the standby battery is of a lower spec i.e. less than 14 ah. Dont use the starter too often, else you will be stranded if the standby battery is drained.

Just one piece of advice. Do not use the starter too casually. I make sure that if the Bullet is idle for more than 3-4 hours, I use the kick to start it, instead of the starter.

PS: the OEM Spec Battery is hard to find at times. Use it sparingly.
Thanks for the advice Vinit. I didn't use the ES with the standby battery but just kickstarted it. Also when the battery was fine I always made sure to kickstrart it after a long gap. I used the ES only at traffic signals when I know the bike has run enough so the battery would have charged.

I got the new battery from the dealer under warranty yesterday evening. It's Exide make and the bike's ES is working fine with the new battery. Ironically there was another owner who had come to the service center for the same issue. His was a 7 month old Classic 350 with Fiamm battery.

So new bull owners with Fiamm batteries watchout please!!
Old 20th April 2014, 12:51   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Without wasting one more day, kindly visit Kunal's Bike Works in Vimannagar, next to the Coffee Day. He is in and out of Pune nowadays, so make sure to go soon.
His garage used to be the best for RE. But because he has less time for it, quality issues are cropping up. Just few weeks back I got my chain tightened from one of his boys. and he screwed up. Dint adjust the wheel. Then got it adjusted from Alex's workshop.

Make sure Kunal is around before you give your bike, else go to Alex in Sanjay Park
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:33   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
kindly guide me to a good mechanic in Pune.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Shahbaaz,

You can visit Sadguru Service Center on Sinhagad Road. This is an RE authorized service center and I have had good experience so far (2+ years). You can get the address and contact details from RE website.

Cheers and happy thumping!
bulletboy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:08   #1054
BHPian

I am having difficulty in retrieving complete service history of my bike. I have lost all the receipts, henceforth I want to maintain it.

I called HSR Service Center (Industrial Area, Rajajinagar, Bangalore), where I give for service every time, but they are refusing to give printout or soft-copy. However they can show on computer screen.

Any options?
Old 22nd April 2014, 02:33   #1055
BHPian

John doe, bulletboy76 and vinit.merchant, Thanks for your replies, I will check either of them this saturday.
Oh, and yes today while returning from office in evening, there was hell lot of thundering rain. Lot of water clogged and few trees were fallen on the roads. Thankfully I reached home safely but all wet.
Old 2nd May 2014, 15:45   #1056
BHPian

Vinit,
Firstly I would like to thank you to let me know about ALEX. He is a great guy.

I took an off from job and visited his garage. He is really a genuine person. I refered T-BHP and mentioned your name. (he said he does not remember names but is happy to know that I travelled 25kms only to get my bike repaired knowing that Dhone automobile is just a km. away from my house).
Anyways he took a test ride and said chances are that clutch plates are worn out. But again he wanted to open before commenting. On unscrewing the case and physically checking the clutches, he said your money is saved. There were few markings on the clutch seat, which he Filed off the surface by some macrons. Later fixed up the cover and took a round. The job was done and the gears were working fine. Though there is minor thug sound, but its okay compared to the previous. The ride has become smooth. Now the clutch setting is awsome compared to previous that was done by Dhone automobiles.

He is supposed to leave for Goa this evening and my return by 10th May. I definately will have my Bull serviced in his hands. There was one of the Roadshakers head at his place. I recognised him but did not have a word.

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 2nd May 2014 at 15:47.
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:46   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
.he said your money is saved

Shahbaazbhai, keep some things in your mind before you make up your mind.

You own a bike thats only 11 months old, so any warranty work done does NOT cost you money. It costs the R.E. company money which they pay to the Authorized mechanic. Do they pay well? No, they pay 20 % of what you or I would pay.

So what is in the mechanic's advantage when you ride to his garage? Do the work now for peanuts ( paid by the company) ? Or wait till warranty period is over, and then empty your pockets? In your case, that's only a month more

I am not commenting specifically on your case. But repairing clutches in the way you described sounds very , very surprising! Just think back of your conversation with Alex: did he ask you how old your bike was, whether the warranty was in effect?
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 01:25   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Shahbaazbhai, keep some things in your mind before you make up your mind.

You own a bike thats only 11 months old, so any warranty work done does NOT cost you money. It costs the R.E. company money which they pay to the Authorized mechanic. Do they pay well? No, they pay 20 % of what you or I would pay.

So what is in the mechanic's advantage when you ride to his garage? Do the work now for peanuts ( paid by the company) ? Or wait till warranty period is over, and then empty your pockets? In your case, that's only a month more

I am not commenting specifically on your case. But repairing clutches in the way you described sounds very , very surprising! Just think back of your conversation with Alex: did he ask you how old your bike was, whether the warranty was in effect?
John,
Thanks for the concern. Alex did ask the year of purchase before hand. Secondly, the issue was not getting resolved at an Authorised Service center be it at the Chinchwad or the Market yard Dhone automobile Service Center.
My past experience with Dhone too was not good.
First two weeks the tank colour faded and I had to make around 3-4 rounds from Akurdi to Marketyard to finally concience them to have it replaced in warranty. The other issue was with the ignition switch and later horn switch. Both the cases they asked me to pay for the replacement. When I explained the parts are under warranty, they need to replace it, they worked on the switches and returned the bike. Such experiences does make you to to look out of ASC.
Old 5th May 2014, 16:05   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Some update guys. Probably you all are aware of, but as I just came to know , so thought of sharing with you all.

Royal Enfield's post April 2014 production models will be adorned with the new RE logo. I have also been informed that there is some change in the speedometer (but I do not have any images of the same). Below images are from the popular facebook.

Royal Enfield Queries-1.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-2.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-3.jpg

In the below image notice the change in the Thunderbird writing style (with thick under and over lining both the name and the number, giving a more Bold and Staunch look) along with the new RE writing [Royal Enfield in one line]. This also seems to be a new color from the RE, though the RE official site does not indicate any of the above.

Royal Enfield Queries-4.jpg

Please share images if you could manage with the new font, coloring etc. Personally I still prefer the old straight line hard font, it goes with the character and the flow. This new one with the curves and all, forces me to think differently

Kind regards,

Bikramjit.
Old 5th May 2014, 16:18   #1060
Senior - BHPian

^^^^
Don't have words for this sad new font that RE has decided to go with.
The TB especially looks quite pathetic with it.

Looking at it, it looks like the stickers that local shops come out with after a paint job on Enfields.

What was wrong with the old ones? it was simple yet elegant.
Old 5th May 2014, 18:14   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Some update guys. Probably you all are aware of, but as I just came to know , so thought of sharing with you all.
I have always considered the Royal Enfield logo embossed on a glossy fuel tank to be the crown on that motorcycle. Not anymore!

Pathetic RE logo, pathetic C350 badge, pathetic fonts on the TB, pathetic key set(The current TB350/500 keys are THE best hands down!)

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th May 2014 at 10:47. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply
Old 6th May 2014, 17:33   #1062
BHPian

How do we remove shoe marks from a silencer?
Old 6th May 2014, 18:03   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
How do we remove shoe marks from a silencer?
Kerosine/Diesel and a piece of old soft cloth. Dip the cloth in Kero/Dsl, apply it on the stain and wipe off. If the stain is strong, let the kero/dsl soak it for a couple of minutes and then wipe it with the cloth. Usually it will comes off with moderate pressure. Same can be used to clear chrome from even molten tar stains.
man_of_steel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 19:45   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Do the small triangles on the RE keys have any function or is it just a design element. Asking because it was there on the previous design of the key too.

Last edited by slicvic : 6th May 2014 at 19:47.
Old 6th May 2014, 23:21   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Do the small triangles on the RE keys have any function or is it just a design element. Asking because it was there on the previous design of the key too.
Well probably the mark comes because of the mould being used, but there is no such mark on the B500's Keys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks