Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 11:39   #841
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

I just got a Diamond Chain Lube (Spray form) - this morning and while i was applying it to the bullet, I found out that the drive chain on my Bullet is infact a Diamond Chain, so no need to replace it or anything. Its good that RE is giving out good drive chains in the Bullet. I did not know that and was under an impression that its not a good quality chain and wanted to replace it. Please check out the drive chains on your bulls too. Before replacing.
Old 15th November 2013, 18:47   #842
BHPian

Thanks for posting the video gearbox! Well, it is a lengthy one. I can't watch the full video while in office Will watch once I'm home.

Btw, hope you're close enough for the first free service (500 Kms). The RE guys will do the oil change and also lube the chain so there will be a good amount of oil sprayed on your rear wheel rims and spokes. Better to save some of the stuff for cleaning that
Old 15th November 2013, 19:10   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Thanks for posting the video gearbox! Well, it is a lengthy one. I can't watch the full video while in office Will watch once I'm home.

Btw, hope you're close enough for the first free service (500 Kms). The RE guys will do the oil change and also lube the chain so there will be a good amount of oil sprayed on your rear wheel rims and spokes. Better to save some of the stuff for cleaning that
Sure, please do watch it in full.

Mine has done 330 KMS as on today, I know they will make a mess out of the chain, but then I am ready for it. Even though i found out my chain is a Diamond chain, i still am going to go get an old chain, so this time around I can do the kerosene method, will dip the chain into it and clean it up.
Old 15th November 2013, 21:22   #844
BHPian

guys,
Please let me know if there is any Royal Enfield service station or a good local mechanic shop either in kottayam or changanacherry. General service of my TBTS is due and I'm new in this area.
Old 17th November 2013, 16:22   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
guys,
Please let me know if there is any Royal Enfield service station or a good local mechanic shop either in kottayam or changanacherry. General service of my TBTS is due and I'm new in this area.
Javeen's is the dealer in kottayam.There's a contact number on their website.

http://www.javeens.in/

Can anyone provide an alternative to the front ribbed tyre?I've seen one with a dunlop unigrip(3.25).Is it advisable to use this?
Old 19th November 2013, 18:29   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post

Can anyone provide an alternative to the front ribbed tyre?I've seen one with a dunlop unigrip(3.25).Is it advisable to use this?
Ribbed design is the best for the front wheel when used used on tarmac.

The Dunlop Unigrip is a button design which is good on tarmac and mud roads. If you do a lot of trips and only tarmac riding, stick to the ribbed pattern since the button design tends to wear out unevenly leading to bad handling.

Regards
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 18:47   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Ribbed design is the best ....
Thank you for clearing that up.I was wondering about it ever since I saw a custom bullet sporting those particular tyres on the front.

B O V
Old 19th November 2013, 20:31   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Ribbed design is the best for the front wheel when used on tarmac. ...
How good will be the ribbed one for the Rear wheel, if only for tarmac .

Anyone ?
Old 20th November 2013, 21:08   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
How good...
Even I wondered the same.It could be that the rear wheels are the driving wheels and the ribbed pattern might not be able to withstand the extra load.Just an assumption.Someone should clarify.

Being on the topic of tyres.The MRF Meteor 190/20,Does it require any modification to the swingarm assembly?The guy at the MRF dealership assured me that its a direct fit.He showed me that particular tyre on his bull.However that was an 06 whereas mine is an 83.If someone could help me out it would be very helpful
Old 20th November 2013, 23:38   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being on the topic of tyres.The MRF Meteor 190/20,Does it require any modification to the swingarm assembly?The guy at the MRF dealership assured me that its a direct fit.He showed me that particular tyre on his bull.However that was an 06 whereas mine is an 83.If someone could help me out it would be very helpful

I guess you meant the 110/90 19' MRF tire?
I have been using it on my 02 Electra and 96' 500.
It does not foul with the Electra since what I have heard is the newer models like the Electra have a wider swingarm.
It used to foul on my 500 , but surprisingly the new Meteor I picked up a couple of months back and fitted on my 500 has no rubbing sounds. Weird since the same size used to rub the swingarm when I first fitted them , few years ago on the same bike. Don't know what has changed.

Since yours is an older model, it would better to measure the width of the swingarm at the point were you think it will touch, with a newer model. No point spending on the tire and then running it with all the noise and lower power becuase of the rubbing.

Regards

Last edited by tharian : 20th November 2013 at 23:40.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:10   #851
BHPian

Yes that's what I meant.The reason I need thicker tyres is because currently I am slightly customising it(single seater with a circular rear mud guard).So the current tyre 3.25*19.Looks very very skinny and out of place with the mudguard I am fitting.I've seen 3.50*19 but they seem to be not in the market anymore.As quoted by the salesperson himself.
Old 21st November 2013, 08:26   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I have a new RE Classic 350 which has just completed 1000 kms.

A few days back while riding out in the morning, just after about 5 mins when stopping at a red light, the bike stalled and stopped with a loud metallic 'krrrrrrrr...' sound. The bike started again normally with ES and I carried on.

A day later, when starting and idling the bike in the morning, it again stalled and stopped with a much more louder metallic sound.

The problem has not occurred again and the bike is behaving absolutely normal for about a week now.

Is this anything to be concerned about ?
Still looking for answers to my above query

BTW, what the replacement spark plugs for the CL350? Can we use NGK BPR5ES ?
Old 21st November 2013, 11:07   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's what I meant.The reason I need thicker tyres is because currently I am slightly customising it(single seater with a circular rear mud guard).So the current tyre 3.25*19.Looks very very skinny and out of place with the mudguard I am fitting.I've seen 3.50*19 but they seem to be not in the market anymore.As quoted by the salesperson himself.
3.50 are available. If not MRF, try Dunlop UniGrip 3.50. The button design will go will with the single seat set up.
Old 21st November 2013, 13:58   #854
Senior - BHPian

I have been facing some high (ish) speed stability issues on My 2004 t-bird.

At speeds over 70 kmph, there is a very pronounced "shake". It's as though the bike is being pushed around by a strong crosswind. What could be the possible culprit(s)?
Old 21st November 2013, 14:27   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I have been facing some high (ish) speed stability issues on My 2004 t-bird.

At speeds over 70 kmph, there is a very pronounced "shake". It's as though the bike is being pushed around by a strong crosswind. What could be the possible culprit(s)?

It's impossible to pin point the exact reason sitting here. You could start checking from

1. tyres-uneven wear out, bend rims, air pressure, bearings, brakes or any other abnormal play, wear out.
2. head cone set
3. engine stay rod, mountings, gear box mountings.
4. swing arm bush.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks