Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 16:40   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need your opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
apart from the parts you have mentioned above i am coating the gear side as well as the timing side.
Are you mentioning the RHS and LHS crank case cover? If you are going to coat it black, do black out the valve covers on the cylinder head too. And a chrome silencer will definitely look odd with these blacked out parts. Black out the silencer and do a thermal wrap on the bend pipe..

Another suggestion, If you are planning the keep the crank case as chrome, I would suggest keep the spokes on the wheel as chrome and paint only the rim part black.. Should give a give a good visual balance..

These are just some ideas from my side. Do what suits your taste.
Old 30th August 2013, 10:22   #722
BHPian

Re: Need your opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Are you mentioning the RHS and LHS crank case cover? If you are going to coat it black, do black out the valve covers on the cylinder head too. And a chrome silencer will definitely look odd with these blacked out parts. Black out the silencer and do a thermal wrap on the bend pipe..

Another suggestion, If you are planning the keep the crank case as chrome, I would suggest keep the spokes on the wheel as chrome and paint only the rim part black.. Should give a give a good visual balance..

These are just some ideas from my side. Do what suits your taste.
@man_of_steel; thanks for the input, i am attaching a pic marked with the parts that are being coated.i have missed a few sections was in hell of a hurry yesterday. More inputs are welcome .
Old 30th August 2013, 11:12   #723
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Please find the image i missed in the earlier post. the parts that are marked red are about to be coated now. Royal Enfield Queries-8662550_2.jpg
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 12:11   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Please find the image i missed in the earlier post. the parts that are marked red are about to be coated now. Attachment 1131552
Looks cool! Cant wait to see it! Is the bike in the paint shop now? Do post the picture when its done. And Don't forget the chrome side stand!
Old 30th August 2013, 15:52   #725
BHPian

My carburator issue stands resolved now.

I sprayed WD40 as advised consecutively for 4 days. Today morning, I tried rotating the screw, but it did not rotate. I sprayed some more WD40 and tried to use some force (not excessive, but a little on higher side). Finally I am able to rotate it. Next step - I wll visit the mechanic and get the carb properly tuned.

Thanks for all your inputs!
Old 30th August 2013, 23:19   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Hi guys,
Whenever I ride my 1978 Bullet, after a short distance the engine sputtering for a few seconds if it is in low speed and in low gear. But this sputtering doesn't happen after I ride for a while, then even in really low speeds the bike moves smoothly. And noverdays it takes a while to start the bike. What could be the underlying problem??? Need hints guys???
Hi Lee,

You could try slightly enriching air-fuel mixture by tightening the air-fuel mixture screw by 1/8th to 1/4th of a turn. I had similar issue in my 1966 Bullet.

Cheers,

Jai
Old 31st August 2013, 00:53   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Looks cool! Cant wait to see it! Is the bike in the paint shop now? Do post the picture when its done. And Don't forget the chrome side stand!

Yupp the bike is in the booth now got the powder coating done but the painting on plastic is taking more time than expected. I was planning the reassembly today the whole plan got spoilt. Need to collect the parts from the booth tommorow and head straight to service center. God knows how long I will have to wait. Hell exciited about the outcome.
Old 31st August 2013, 09:45   #728
BHPian

Can anyone help me get a single peg gear lever as in the image above?? I feel like changing mine. Inputs please.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:20   #729
BHPian

Dear Friends,
I own 2009 TBTS and in an unfortunate event, got the tank dented. That got me wondering if the new TBTS 350 tank (which is bigger in capacity) can be fitted to my TB without any mods.
Thanks in advance
cheers!
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 11:46   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Dear Friends,
I own 2009 TBTS and in an unfortunate event, got the tank dented. That got me wondering if the new TBTS 350 tank (which is bigger in capacity) can be fitted to my TB without any mods.
Thanks in advance
cheers!
I dont think so. The clamping points seems different. Especially the front clamping point. Personally I found the the TB350 tank too wide in between the legs.
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:22   #731
BHPian

I've just recently moved to Cochin.My '83 Bull seems to have developed some sort of problem.Its a squeaky sound coming in from the engine.I think its the tappets.It happened after a bit of hard riding(No its not valve clatter).Any help would be much appreciated since I am yet to find a good mechanic here.
Old 11th September 2013, 13:32   #732
BHPian

I am freaking out now at the waiting period. I had booked my electra on 6th june at Teknik Indiranagar, bangalore. wait period was 6-8 months on paper. My number in the queue was the 121st person. 3 months down, when i checked with them yesterday, they said I am 75th in the queue. Meaning only 45 Electra' delivered in 3 months? 15/month average.

Really frustrating.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:36   #733
BHPian

Guys, I have a 2002 AVL Thunderbird that has a free flow exhaust on it coupled with K&N-ru-0200. Immediately after the air filter was installed, it was noticed that the bike would miss on second or third gear & be reluctant to speed up. Stock Carb on the bike is BS26. Main jet was 110, pilot I think is 17.5. In absence of the stock of a bigger main jet, my mechanic drilled the main jet to be of a bigger rsize -& issues related to missing were resolved. I am based out of bangalore, & I could easily take my bike to 80 in the third gear after that. spark plug indication gave that the bike was running on the leaner side, yet there was no popping of the exhaust when de-throttling. When the carburetor was opened for servicing last time, my mechanic changed some settings on the stock carb, & it is even reluctant to go on third gear now. It seems that the engine flutters. Spark plug reading says it is running extremely rich. Please note that I have an iridium plug on my bike, & my mech suggests me to use a normal plug. When I asked him what was changed during the carb service, he tells me he raised the needle.
my questions :-
1) Can a BS32 ( Pulsar 220's stock carb ) be fitted on AVL 350 without any issues?
2) Can a VM 28 ( standard 500s carb ) be fitted without any issues?
3) my mechanic tells me that BS26 is not great for performance at all. must I reset the needle to have a leanest mixture & then try it?
4) must I increase my pilot jet to a bigger size? is it important to increase the pilot as the main jet goes up?
Thanks..

Last edited by avigster : 11th September 2013 at 20:38.
Old 11th September 2013, 21:57   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
I am freaking out now at the waiting period. I had booked my electra on 6th june at Teknik Indiranagar, bangalore. wait period was 6-8 months on paper. My number in the queue was the 121st person. 3 months down, when i checked with them yesterday, they said I am 75th in the queue. Meaning only 45 Electra' delivered in 3 months? 15/month average.

Really frustrating.
That was precisely the reason I did not go for any other model when the dealer here offered me a black electra for delivery exactly 11 days (yes days, not months) after booking. I was confused between cl350 and cl500, but both of them were having long waiting period. I accepted the dealer offer with both hands as it helped me in fulfilling my long-cherished dream of owning a bullet. I am sorry to find that waiting period for the same model is much longer there in down south.
Old 12th September 2013, 01:46   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
That was precisely the reason I did not go for any other model when the dealer here offered me a black electra for delivery exactly 11 days (yes days, not months) after booking. I was confused between cl350 and cl500, but both of them were having long waiting period. I accepted the dealer offer with both hands as it helped me in fulfilling my long-cherished dream of owning a bullet. I am sorry to find that waiting period for the same model is much longer there in down south.
WOW. That's really quick. I wish it was the same here too, Its Bangalore where the demand is too high, or maybe the dealers here do not pay upfront and stock the bulls, and the guys in north do, maybe, its just a thing in my head, why isn't is possible to have the bullet sooner here when at many other places its available without much wait.

It maybe that these guys are just willingly delaying, so as to keep a market demand thing going to ensure Eicher Motor' Stock spirals upwards. Which has been happening really.

150 odd in 2008 and about 3500+ in 2013. That is super growth, and it is mostly due to RE and not Eicher trucks etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks