Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2013, 20:41   #661
BHPian

Re: My first RE ever.. And a bike after 8 years.. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Update. Was thinking of upgrading to 500 for a while. A dealer in Delhi had some lot available when I checked yesterday. Went to the dealer today morning with my brother. Tested both bikes and we both felt need for more power having ridden the 350. I noted need to downshift a lot especially while trying to pull in 2nd gear at low speeds which the 350 struggled to do. Asked Bro to test the 500 and he returned gleaming. So the decision was made and we put our money on the 500. So I am a proud owner of a RE finally. :-) Drove it very shortly to my folks place in Delhi. It was Eid today so spent the rest of the day with family on four wheels. Had planned to pick the bike on way back home tonight, but an unfortunate slip on a dark stairway injured my left leg and we deferred picking up the bike for tonight. :-( Fortunately my daughter in my arms was unhurt. I will try and pickup the bike tomorrow now. Manzil Motors in gurgaon is arranging a breakfast drive on 15th nearby. Need suggestions if a should be taking my new bike to it so early. Also need all tips for maintaining it and things to watch out for. Will post more on the experience in a few days. And hopefully do a photo shoot also tomorrow.

Congratulations bro. So finally you also could not avoid the 500 fever , anyways hope nothing serious with your leg. Do not forget to post the pictures of your bull.

Generally breakfast rides are not long, so go ahead and enjoy your first ride. Keep riding on difference speeds between 50 - 70 KMPH and it will be just fine. Do not forget to buy a good helmet.
adroit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 17:02   #662
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Friends, got a call from the dealer today. He has offered to deliver black Electra on 15th Aug. Look and comfort wise I am OK with the Electra though would have rather liked cl350 instead. delivery of cl350 and cl500 would take 2 and 4 months respectively, the dealer said. pls advise whether present Electra s are suffering from any mechanical or other issues. wife and daughter liked the Electra seat a lot, a positive point for it. i have to convey my decision by tomorrow morning. should i go for it? anybody who has purchased this model off late? thanks....

Old 12th August 2013, 17:59   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Friends, got a call from the dealer today. He has offered to deliver black Electra on 15th Aug. Look and comfort wise I am OK with the Electra though would have rather liked cl350 instead. delivery of cl350 and cl500 would take 2 and 4 months respectively, the dealer said. pls advise whether present Electra s are suffering from any mechanical or other issues. wife and daughter liked the Electra seat a lot, a positive point for it. i have to convey my decision by tomorrow morning. should i go for it? anybody who has purchased this model off late? thanks....

there is no difference apart from tyre size and looks in both the bikes. I feel Electra is more practical then CL350 but lacks at looks. If you are not much serious about looks, go for Electra since you will be saving some money also.
Old 13th August 2013, 00:17   #664

Quote:

Buy a bike that you like and not your folks like. After all I guess it is you who will be riding it. I own an Electra myself and it has performed beautifully in the 10.5 K kms that it has covered in a years time. The Electra is a great bike and the single large seat is very comfortable for long distance riding. The only drawback of the Electra is the weak headlight that is 35W and it is pretty much useless during night riding. You can however replace it after the warranty period to 55/60W to get the kind of light that you require for night riding. My bike currently has Philips Extreme Vision H4 55/60W and the light is simply superb.

Again, buy a bike that you like and will love to ride. After all, you don't buy bikes every now and then!
BlrGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 05:45   #665
BHPian

Need some advice from bulleteers.
I've been riding with a siezed piston for about 4k kms.

I need to get the top rebored and get an oversized piston installed.

Any specific advice? Regarding valve change? Spark plug brand? Or brand of spares (better than oem?)
Old 13th August 2013, 20:42   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit View Post
there is no difference apart from tyre size and looks in both the bikes. I feel Electra is more practical then CL350 but lacks at looks. If you are not much serious about looks, go for Electra since you will be saving some money also.
Thanks a lot. Tyre size is definitely a clear difference. But does it make an inferior ride with this thinner tyre(compared to Cl350)? I was told that that the difference is felt at higher speed, say more than 90 kmph. Ok with me as I generally do not go beyond 80 level. For looks, Electra is better than Cl350, I believe. Anyway, the dealer has confirmed delivery tomorrow.

Old 13th August 2013, 20:59   #667
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot. Tyre size is definitely a clear difference. But does it make an inferior ride with this thinner tyre(compared to Cl350)? I was told that that the difference is felt at higher speed, say more than 90 kmph. Ok with me as I generally do not go beyond 80 level. For looks, Electra is better than Cl350, I believe. Anyway, the dealer has confirmed delivery tomorrow.

They give MRF NyloGrip in electra which is one of the best tyre on road and does great off road too. Classic comes with zapper which is the worst tyre i have ever used. No grip at all.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:54   #668
BHPian

Quote:
They give MRF NyloGrip in electra which is one of the best tyre on road and does great off road too. Classic comes with zapper which is the worst tyre i have ever used. No grip at all.
I have no experience with the zapper but still surprised to see you praising the Nylogrip True it is fine off road and on dry roads, but its absolutely a nightmare on wet roads! The rear wheels is prone to skidding on dry roads and on wet roads the front wheel is also prone to skidding without heavy breaking Now that its raining frequently here, i find myself riding with a prayer more often than not. Wonder how the CEAT tyres compare, since they appear to be the only other option for 19inch wheels. Not counting on the Dunlops due to poor reviews.
Old 14th August 2013, 20:35   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotu_r View Post
Wonder how the CEAT tyres compare, since they appear to be the only other option for 19inch wheels. Not counting on the Dunlops due to poor reviews.
CEAT as far as I know stopped making 19inch tyres few years ago. They had the best tyre for Bullets which was the 3.50 Secura Sports button thread. Amazing all rounder. The ones available now for 19inch rear wheel are- Birla, MRF Nylogrip, Dunlop JAPs unless CEAT has come out with a new tyre.

Regards
Old 14th August 2013, 20:42   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
CEAT as far as I know stopped making 19inch tyres few years ago. They had the best tyre for Bullets which was the 3.50 Secura Sports button thread. Amazing all rounder. The ones available now for 19inch rear wheel are- Birla, MRF Nylogrip, Dunlop JAPs unless CEAT has come out with a new tyre.
CEAT website still lists 19inch tyres for Bullet but i am not aware of whether they are actually available in shops or not. Have never heard of Birla brand tyres? How do they perform
Old 14th August 2013, 20:46   #671
BHPian

I booked my bull and now it is ready for delivery. But I am confused between Electra and CL350. Looks and comfort, Electra is my choice. But at the same time, worried about smaller tires and poor headlight. I am bit averse to CL350 because of seats which are not as comfortable as Electra. I would appreciate you guys help with following quires.

1. Is there significant advantage with CL350 in terms of handling?
2. Is it safe to upgrade the head light in Electra? How much it would cost?
3. I am 6 feet tall and my wife and 2 year old son join in short rides. Could they all be accommodated comfortably in a cl350?
Old 14th August 2013, 20:52   #672
BHPian

Quote:
I have no experience with the zapper but still surprised to see you praising the Nylogrip True it is fine off road and on dry roads, but its absolutely a nightmare on wet roads! The rear wheels is prone to skidding on dry roads and on wet roads the front wheel is also prone to skidding without heavy breaking Now that its raining frequently here, i find myself riding with a prayer more often than not. Wonder how the CEAT tyres compare, since they appear to be the only other option for 19inch wheels. Not counting on the Dunlops due to poor reviews.
Strange. I never faced such challenge while traveling through north and west India which includes 2 Leh rides. There are options for CEAT at the moment for both front and rear.
Old 14th August 2013, 20:54   #673
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
CEAT is still making 19 inch tyres. Secura is all available in Delhi and indeed is the best tyre for front with19inch size
Old 14th August 2013, 21:05   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CEAT website still lists 19inch tyres for Bullet but i am not aware of whether they are actually available in shops or not. Have never heard of Birla brand tyres? How do they perform
I haven't read any reviews or ridden a bike with Birla. Have seen it recently and the thread design is block type which should be good. May be the Motorcycle Tires Compared thread should have some information.

Quote:
CEAT is still making 19 inch tyres. Secura is all available in Delhi and indeed is the best tyre for front with19inch size
This is good news if it is actually available in 3.50 size and a new piece ,since I searched quite bit here in Bangalore and even enquired in the CEAT Head Office and they said it is out of production.

Regards
Old 14th August 2013, 21:35   #675
BHPian

Quote:
This is good news if it is actually available in 3.50 size and a new piece ,since I searched quite bit here in Bangalore and even enquired in the CEAT Head Office and they said it is out of production.

Regards
i am quite sure about secura 3.25/19 but not sure about 3.50 but if i can recall correctly, i have seen an Electra in RE showroom with CEAT tyre on the rear. I have been using Secura for around 3 years in front wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks