Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 20:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

With the BS26/29, all you can do is adjust the pilot jet settings. The normal setting 3-3.5 full turns anti-clockwise from fully close. To richen the mixture, you can go one turn extra. Once you set the pilot screw to this level, you can increase/decrease the idle screw till you find the ideal point where the bike idles well. Also, your mechanic will know how to set the slide to the lowest point although it is a little complicated with the CV carbs. To enrich the mixture at WOT and mid range, you need to buy a bigger main jet. I am not too sure of the exact sizes for the BS26.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jay. I was with you till "the ideal point where the bike idle's well". Anyways, read a topic on the RE website message board. Something about a loose connection in the coil (clutch case). It was a 2005 Thunderbird. The problem he was facing sounds similar to mine. Loss of power, bike misfires as if its starving of fuel, at bang 80 it pulls back.

Now changing the manifold has made a significant difference but still on hard acceleration, it pulls back and misses as if its going to stall.

Will ride with the goldstar for about a week and check. The goldstar is quite loud, so you cant push the bike in each gear since the sound is quite irritating then and scary that something might fail with overrevving. I've noticed that the stock silencer bears with it and "somehow" solves the problem.

But I'm not sure, probably the fuel in the tank was less when I was trying it with the Goldstar.

How tight does the carb manifold clamp have to be? I keep turning it, and it keeps getting tighter. Any chanes of overtightness leading to the manifold tearing again?

Another thing, does the bike miss when the air is cold? Was riding last night at around 0130, and it was missing. The engine was hot enough.

For AVLs, how do I know that the engine is running nice and cold or hot. I mean I hear people say "arre the engine heats up too much quickly" OR "engine should run cooly and nicely" OR sorts.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

The misfire has started again Manifold is tightly clamped, carb is cleaned, oil is new, plug and plug cap is new.

Misfire occurs at half throttle, whether hard acceleration or not. On high or full throttle, bike pulls back.

Repeat questions:
  • For AVLs, how do I know that the engine is running nice and cold or hot. I mean I hear people say "arre the engine heats up too much quickly" OR "engine should run cooly and nicely" OR sorts.
  • How do I check the coils?! I'm tired of going to different mechanics and spending fruitlessly.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:58   #34
Team-BHP Support

Did you try swapping in your original silencer?
Old 6th April 2009, 16:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Bad news bblost :( see link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html
Old 7th April 2009, 11:27   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Maybe you should leave that Goldie up that other drivers rear.

and then test out with the old silencer.

I am very sorry about this incident.
Old 7th April 2009, 23:03   #37
BHPian

Hi all,

I just took a new Std 350 bull last week.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...t-350-std.html

I have some queries:-

1) How about changing to the Front & Rear shock similar to an Electra? How much would it cost? Will it be worth the money? Iam after this bcoz found electra to have a wonderful suspension. Is it possible to achieve that much softness and swing?

2) Front Disc brakes - Cost plz.

3) Roots double horn. My mechanic says he wont recommend putting heavy horns. He asked me to persist with company horn. Again what will be the cost if its viable?

4) I need more thumping. Is it the goldstar or short bottle. Which one is the Best? Any drop in mileage? Cost? Fitting?

plz reply. Iam tooo eager for these changes.
Old 7th April 2009, 23:26   #38
BHPian

oops i forgot to really ask about tubeless tyres. Puncture will be a night mare on any bike esp bullet. So how do i go for a tubeless tyre option .havent heard anyone do it. IS IT POSSIBLE?
Old 7th April 2009, 23:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

@sam_sant2005:better for you to visit J.R &Sons(RE Spares stockist) - opp manavatti silks(padma) mg rd ernakulam.
1.Rear is gas shocks for electra.overall both shocks changed will costs around 5K ,I approximate.
2.It is a must ,I will say.costs around 6.5K
3.No problem with double horns.but make sure the battery is in good condition always.
4.short bottle with lesser noise absorbents(glasswool) will be good.Hope the bike had covered 2000kms already to try these changes.
A goldstar on a new bullet is not really recommended from my part .

Tubeless Tyre needs a alloy wheel setup(5 spoked one is nice ,but not available locally,I think) .last I checked ,"lachu" automobiles coimbatore got this and other harnesses.

If you are a night rider ,Recommended to have Halogen bulbs.I am newbie to this.I tried putting the halogen bulb(55W,I think) and it ended up fused off after few days.I read in xbhp ,that you need some ceramic holder for halogen bulb.
few guys ,I know(including mine) have the rear name plate and tail lamp of Thunderbird on our Bullets.that looks nice!.

Last edited by deepclutch : 7th April 2009 at 23:48.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:28   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
oops i forgot to really ask about tubeless tyres. Puncture will be a night mare on any bike esp bullet. So how do i go for a tubeless tyre option .havent heard anyone do it. IS IT POSSIBLE?

never had a flat in the front tire.

The rear tire takes about 5 mins to get off and on.
Using just the bikes basic toolkit.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:14   #41
glenn

I have domain called www.royalenfieldclub.com , I have bought this domain specially to dedicate it to Royal Enfield fans across the globe , anyone who has idea or ready to pitch can buzz me , we can build up a forum

Old 8th April 2009, 22:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Require urgent help here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1252398
Old 11th April 2009, 10:33   #43
BHPian

Machismo 350

Hi,

I just required 2 feedbacks / help

(1) I was planning to go in for the split seats for my Machismo, however looking at pix in the forum, I have not seen many guys going in for the same. Is there any problems that I should be aware off??? Is it recommended??

(2)There is a (broken) link at royalenfield.com for the Workshop Manual for the engine. Does any one have a copy of the same???

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Old 16th May 2009, 12:33   #44
BHPian

Gordon,
whats the top speed ever achieved in 5th gear.
The fastest I was ever able to go with the 4 speed was 110kph one up.
With two riders the top speed was limited to 100kph, on a flat surface and enough run-up.

Was curious as to if there is a increment in top speed thanks to the 5th cog.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Well. I've taken the bike to a top speed of 100kmph. Never pushed beyond that. Don't know if it would push or not. With a pillion, I'd never do that. Stay in the limit of 60-70kmph.

I think there is a slight electrical glitch in the bike. Mechanics aren't so good with my bike. Most mess up. I replaced my complete dynamo/magnet assembly because the "expert" accepted that he left a washer inside and the assembly got short circuited. There were too many scratches on the magnet. It was damaged. After that the bike used to misfire.

I changed many mechanics and eventually one of them did a complete actual service of the bike. Till that date, no one bothered to clean my breather box. I didn't know much about technicality, but have been learning since. The new mechanic did a good job, setted the carb well, proper jets were installed, breather box cleaned, wiring was sorted out again.

Dont have a single misfire now. And the bike actually pulls well with the stock long bottle silencer. Yes, its very silent. But I've noticed that when we took it for a ride to Lonavala we were more relaxed with lesser sound and vibrations. The noise and vibrations can actually cause fatigue when you tend to go for a long ride. The Goldstar sounds great no doubt, but when there is less or no sound its more relaxing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks