Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 01:20   #406
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

@Sudarshanji... What model is your Bullet sir??? Which silencer are you on???
Isn't the new OE for UCE engines???
Old 21st December 2012, 11:36   #407
BHPian

Hi Sudarshan,

The new OE (the Bazooka silencer for UCE models) will not fit on old CI STD to the best of my knowledge.

Did you try calling Shri Auto parts in Nana peth (the RE authorized spares shop) for this?
bulletboy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 14:14   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
@Sudarshanji... What model is your Bullet sir??? Which silencer are you on???
Isn't the new OE for UCE engines???
its a last of the CI models, AFAIK ( plain jane black std 350 ) june 09 -- the owner fitted the Indore one , but I replaced with the original which was fortunately kept aside .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Hi Sudarshan,

The new OE (the Bazooka silencer for UCE models) will not fit on old CI STD to the best of my knowledge.

Did you try calling Shri Auto parts in Nana peth (the RE authorized spares shop) for this?
yes I also think so ,but needs to be checked -- even if it fits somehow , one cant be sure about results wrt tuning .

btw please send me location of Shri auto ( thanks in advance ) , I will need that sooner or later

Sudarshan
Old 21st December 2012, 14:42   #409
BHPian

Hi Sudarshan,

If you know Ahilya Devi mutton Market (Bhavani Peth), this shop is in lane next to that. The phone number is 020 2634 6876

Cheers and happy thumping!
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:58   #410
BHPian

I am planning to replace the crank of my CL 350 with the heavier crank of the Standard / CL 500. Has anyone tried this out? What might be cons of changing the crank?
Old 24th December 2012, 10:04   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
I am planning to replace the crank of my CL 350 with the heavier crank of the Standard / CL 500. Has anyone tried this out? What might be cons of changing the crank?
These two threads should probably answer some of your questions:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...996-model.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-low-rpms.html

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 15:01   #412
BHPian

So all previous issues of my '78 bull are sorted. I find that the headlight is not as bright as the newer models. At low revs t just barely stays lit and at higher revs its like recessed lighting. My mechanic tells me this isht mest i can get with my current reflector/bulb/headlight lens. Should i switch to clearlens and a new reflector & bulb kit? will i also have to change the wiring to accomodate the new reflector and bulb?
Old 7th January 2013, 00:08   #413
Senior - BHPian

My dealer said I will get my CL350 delivery in 1-2 weeks time and asked me to make full payment. Is it normal to make full payment before even allotting a bike?

I compiled the following PDI checklist from other threads. Please add if anything is missing?

1) check for rust on the bike. Check the frame and all over the bike
2) Light Switches
3) Scratches on mudguard
4) Electric start and kick start
5) Rev the bike to check for any rattling noises/body parts shaking.
6) Take test ride
7) Scratches and paint
8) bent handlebar
9) petrol leak near the cover (Fault rubber padding)
10) tires revolving smoothly
11) brakes
12) oil levels
13) tools
14) odometer reading

Any BGLR fellow bhpians willing to accompany me while doing the PDI from IndiraNagar? Its been almost 8 years since I sold my Std and have never driven the new UCE model. Appreciate your help.
Old 16th January 2013, 11:44   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
My dealer said I will get my CL350 delivery in 1-2

Any BGLR fellow bhpians willing to accompany me while doing the PDI from IndiraNagar? Its been almost 8 years since I sold my Std and have never driven the new UCE model. Appreciate your help.
Hi Arjithin,

Have you got your delivery yet will be happy to come along with you

Cheers
Old 16th January 2013, 12:28   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post

Hi Arjithin,

Have you got your delivery yet will be happy to come along with you

Cheers
Not yet. Date changed to end of Feb now :(
Old 21st January 2013, 15:35   #416
BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians,
One of my friends is looking to buy an RE and he is confused b/w electra-350 and classic-350 cc..Which one is best considering the below aspects. Hez aware that the engine specs are same but requesting for more insights.

1) Ergonomics (Driving Position, Driving Comfort etc)
2) Any difference in technical aspects?
3) Any other specific details which makes one superior to other..

Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 16:27   #417
BHPian

Hello all,

This is for a friend. He wants to swap the regular tiger-eyes nacelle for the older G2-style stuff, which was a headlamp separate from the speedo housing. Would anyone know if this is a direct replacement? As far as I know, he needs to procure the replacement speedo housing, headlamp and its mounging ears, and he's good to go. Right?

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 28th January 2013, 12:21   #418
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Can anybody recommend a good Royal Enfield mechanic in Nagpur? I am looking for someone who can restore a Cast Iron Engine Bullet 350. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bump into this thread.

Regards,
Sharan
Old 31st January 2013, 09:38   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeymist View Post
Dear fellow BHPians,
One of my friends is looking to buy an RE and he is confused b/w electra-350 and classic-350 cc..Which one is best considering the below aspects. Hez aware that the engine specs are same but requesting for more insights.

1) Ergonomics (Driving Position, Driving Comfort etc)
2) Any difference in technical aspects?
3) Any other specific details which makes one superior to other..

Thanks
Hi Smokeymist, I just booked Electra Twinspark 5S yesterday.

I would suggest your friend to take a test ride and see which is comfortable for him. That's the best way to choose the right ride.

I test rode yesterday Electra 350 ES and Classic 500 back to back. Since Classic 350 was not available for testing I took the C500 to get a feel of the seating position. For me the Engine size was not in consideration in this test.

Although I found both to be equally comfortable over the short test ride I took, but on the longer rides on highway, I felt the Electra to be more comfortable with its relaxed driving position. In Classic due to the different height of the handle, I felt it could be a little tiring. I felt you would be leaning a little forward in the Classic. But again this is my view. Just ask your friend to take a test ride.

On the technical differences the Classics have better horn (twin horn) better headlights, better tires compared to Electra. The other difference would be Electra costs less than Classic 350 and the waiting period for Electra is also less (2-3 months) compared to 6-8 months for Classics.

Sorry for the lengthy post! But hope this helps! Cheers!

Last edited by SuperSlick : 31st January 2013 at 09:44.
SuperSlick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:29   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
Hi Blazkowicz,

Sorry to start on a negative note. But, sincerely, PLEASE DONT CHANGE YOUR CRANK.

Now to answer your question, what happens with a heavier crank?
Your vehicle seems to ride smoother as the heavier crank stores more energy. In other words, in a 4 stroke engine, the power produced from the power stroke is stored in the flywheel with a direct relationship to the weight of the flywheel. The heavier the flywheel, the lesser the fluctuation.

You can tune the engine to idle at a much lesser RPM resulting in that DUG-DUG slow beat. This is not of any benefit really. This is for those snobs that want to show off.

Finally, you will be able to ride the vehicle at much slower speeds for any given gear. Example, 40 kmph at your 5th gear or 25-30 at your 4th and so on. This is not a real benefit either. Instead, you might end up abusing your gears.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS:
1) Everytime you accelerate your motorcycle, you end up burning a lot more fuel than you would.
2) Decreased acceleration/deceleration
3) Strain on the gears
4) Alteration in the characteristics of the engine
5) A much longer time to reach your top-speed
6) Requires a master mechanic. The funny fact is that, real master mechanics dont recommend this. And the ones that claim this is good are mostly master moneymakers who dont know a thing about crank/flywheel balance.
7) Though I dont know much about UCEs, I'd assume the crank case wouldnt suit this in the first place.
8) A shoddy job at this can scar your bullet

Brother, please understand that amongst all the bullets that have been made, the UCEs are the most hostile to modifications (but for a few vain changes like Goldies/Conical filters, etc which IMO are crappy stuff that the bullets dont need anyway).

Please let go of this aspiration of yours and spend more time on the highways riding nice and hard (and of course, safe). Happy thumping!
Rhoads is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks