Old 25th July 2024, 20:25   #3391
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Assuming its a UCE, try switching the TCI unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
Check your primary ignition coil and replace if faulty. Hope it will solve the issue.
Yeah, I think the ignition system is what I'll need to check now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Fuel quality could be a possible culprit.
Empty the fuel tank fully and look for rust inside as well. Always keep a quarter tank of fuel minimum in the tank,
I fill from only one HP station on the way to work. The quality hasn't been inconsistent as far as I've noticed.
Rust may be a possibility but if that's the case, would the fuel filter in the fuel tap not capture the rust?
Can you please also elaborate on the significance of maintaining a certain level of fuel in the tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
... it will simply require you to spray the air in all touch points opening up connectors, etc. If not, the circuit closing battery with rectifier that will keep the charging from charging coil should be checked as you have ruled out spark plug, carb.
I wash the bike myself with a pressure washer although only on the oily metal parts. However, your point is worth noting indeed. The overall quality of the wiring harness has always been a point of question for me so it's definitely something I'll be checking out.

Last edited by that_sedate_guy : 25th July 2024 at 20:30.
Old 31st July 2024, 17:46   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_sedate_guy View Post
Can you please also elaborate on the significance of maintaining a certain level of fuel in the tank?
The more the fuel in the tank, the more dilute the amount of impurities in it. If you're running on your last litre of fuel, the more chance of debris getting sucked into the fuel pump & damaging it. Also, a good habit to follow so that you never run out of fuel.
Geo_Ipe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 09:38   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
The more the fuel in the tank, the more dilute the amount of impurities in it. If you're running on your last litre of fuel, the more chance of debris getting sucked into the fuel pump & damaging it. Also, a good habit to follow so that you never run out of fuel.
That's a really good point! I hadn't thought along that angle. Guess it will help if I maintain a better level of fuel in the tank then.
I recently opened the carb up to clean it and the float sump had fuel which was Coffee coloured I just cleaned it all out. Took out the fuel filter just before the carb and looked for debris but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the fuel in my tank is also as impure as what I saw in the carb sump. I'm quite paranoid when I see even miniscule amounts of impurities in internal sealed systems.
If only fuel tanks had a way of being opened up completely for cleaning. Sigh!
that_sedate_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks