Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2023, 12:35   #3346
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Hello Folks!

Has anyone sold a Royal Enfield bike online in India? I am looking to offload my beloved motor cycle. Got it listed on classified on Team-BHP and I am looking for more options to list / sell it. Not able to ride the bike much and hence looking to sell it.

Bike is in mint condition and I am happy to chat more 1:1 if anyone is interested. I am currently based out of NCR and as last option Im contemplating to ship the bike to Nagpur (MH registration) and then check with local dealers.
Old 6th August 2023, 12:43   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Bike is in mint condition and I am happy to chat more 1:1 if anyone is interested.
I can take a stab at it, the thing is, your quote is close to the purchase price in 2016, similar vintage ones are being marketed at 50% of the offer price. RTO and Insurance put together shall make it overlap with a new Hunter. Please PM if pricing can be altered. In the NCR, it has 50% shelf life remaining, do factor that in.

Happy Riding.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 15:20   #3348
BHPian

Hello,

Does anyone has the experience of converting Bullet standard 500 spoke wheels into alloy wheels with tubeless tires set-up? How successful is this modification? What are the problems that may occur with such conversion?

Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 14:16   #3349

Posting in case this helps someone else.
I've suddenly started having fuel leaks from the carb on my UCE 350 Classic when the engine is running. I have'nt really been using the bike regularly and the petrol sitting in the tank may have gummed up some of the internals. Carb fuel leak can be due to gasket failure or carb drain plug failure. My leak looked like it was only from the carb drain plug which is insanely tight and cannot be tightened or loosened. Could be missing the O ring and hence the tightness.
Long story short, checked online and one surprising fix suggested was whacking the carb, ie the bottom half or the float bowl area. Tried it today with a spanner and viola, no more leak.
yakherder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 04:22   #3350
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me source a pair of tank emblems for the Lightning 535? Need not be OEM, good quality reproduction parts will do.

I have searched everywhere I could without success. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th August 2023, 22:53   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Bumping it up again since did not get any response

I have a query in regards to my 2013 Bullet 500.

Can I directly replace the existing dual horns with Bosch's or do I need to connect a Relay too? If indeed a Relay is needed, then why?

https://amzn.eu/d/jbC4O2O

The stock ones are 2.5A each. The battery is 12V 14 Ampere Hour (AH)
I have a pair of (30+30)W fog lights connected, via a relay and better wiring.
I also have the headlight wiring upgraded with a relay so as to support 100/90 (should my wickedness kick in) though I still use a 60/55, Osram.
Old 16th September 2023, 13:14   #3352

Query regarding Royal Enfield official outstation tours :
1) What is the frequency of organizing such tours .
2) How well are these organized and managed.
3) Anybody who has taken/participated in such tour his experience will be helpful
Old 16th September 2023, 14:19   #3353
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this will help. Boski from Big Bear Customs has shared his views and answered many questions related to it in a 3 part series.

Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 12:44   #3354

I want to buy RE Classic. When I tried to customise in MIY app of Royal Enfield, alloy wheel option is visible only for Signals edition (2 colors- desert storm and marsh grey). For other colors option (eg: halcyon black) is not visible. Any idea how to fit OEM alloy for other colors. Even showroom guys are telling alloys cannot be fitted on those colors. Any suggestions.
Old 25th January 2024, 14:09   #3355
BHPian

Does anyone have a review to share on the Royal Enfield Make carburettor part no. 144732/A that replaces Mikuni VM24 on the Bullet 350 CI engines.
I am looking at replacing the Mikcarb VM24 on my 02 model Bullet Electra.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-sl160019.jpg  

Old 4th March 2024, 11:25   #3356
BHPian

My 2002 model Electra (27,000kms) is giving issues since quite a bit of time. First it was hard starting and sputtering since last year. Cleaned the fuel tank, carburettor and Spark plug. Did not solve. Replaced the CDI, Ignition Coil and RR unit along with Air Box hose and carburettor to Filter box hose. Resolved to somewhat acceptable level but hard starting was never resolved when cold.

Last month, I replaced the carburettor and she runs fine. Took it on a highway ride and after doing around 3-4kms and opening the throttle, the engine stalled like when it comes into reserve. Waited for some time and it started back but as soon as you go above 50 it behaves as if it is starving fuel and the engine dies.

Yesterday I changed the spark plug and cleaned the float pin suspecting it to be clogged but the high speed running problem still persists. I was thinking to change the fuel (around 4-5 months old) but I am sure that is not the problem.

Any clues -

Last edited by KkVaidya : 4th March 2024 at 11:34.
KkVaidya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 11:34   #3357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Last month, I replaced the carburettor and she runs fine. Took it on a highway ride and after doing around 3-4kms and opening the throttle, the engine stalled like when it comes into reserve. Waited for some time and it started back but as soon as you go above 50 it behaves as if it is starving fuel and the engine dies.
Can you check the carburetor again, any chance the main jet is getting debris from somewhere. Also please check if the issue occurs at a specific throttle angle (in other gears too). If so it might be issue with the main jet getting debris.
masterChief007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 14:27   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Took it on a highway ride and after doing around 3-4kms and opening the throttle, the engine stalled like when it comes into reserve. Waited for some time and it started back but as soon as you go above 50 it behaves as if it is starving fuel and the engine dies.

Any clues -
Looks like a fuel starvation issue at high rpms (WOT). Please check if the fuel cap vent is not clogged and also the float height of the carburetor.
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 14:51   #3359
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I changed the spark plug and cleaned the float pin suspecting it to be clogged but the high speed running problem still persists. I was thinking to change the fuel (around 4-5 months old) but I am sure that is not the problem.

Any clues -
I suspect its got something to do with the air intake or the ignition timing. You might want to check if those two soft material paddings after the carb at the intake manifold are seated properly. Worst case scenario is a leaky inlet valve or an eccentric governer shaft throwing the timing off at times.

Last edited by jeeva : 4th March 2024 at 14:52.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 14:54   #3360
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the above, also check the size of the main jet. Since you have changed the carb, it may have come with a smaller size and the Electra uses a big size compared to the older CI 350's. If you have the old carb with, you can check the size of the main jet which is mentioned on it and compared it to the one running now and swap them if smaller.

Last edited by tharian : 4th March 2024 at 14:57.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed