Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2018, 23:33   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Some of the dealers mentioned that they wouldn't get 2018 manufactured vehicles till March or April, due to year end closure, which I find to be absurd.
Quoting myself on this. The 2018 manufactured vehicles are becoming available at the showroom. So, all the BS they gave earlier was only to clear their existing stock.
Old 20th January 2018, 15:59   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
A lot of things can affect the charge in the battery...
Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs, Jim. However the battery isn't an issue and auxiliary services like the headlight or using self-start cannot drain a heavy 12V 9Ah battery that way. Got yo the root cause today. I used to have fog lights mounted on my crash guards. Sometime back, I had to remove the damaged crash guards and the fog lights too got removed with it. However the switch of the lights were still there and I didn't got them disconnected, which was most probably causing an earthing issue. Got them disconnected today and hopefully the issue won't reoccur. Will know soon

Cya
SJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
... My query is are there any good and cheap alternatives for the exide battery. Regards.
Hi Vik, I recently got the Exide Xplore XLTZ9 battery (12V 9AH) for my Thunderbird 350 for 1800/- (200 discount for returning dead battery). Also for my TVS Apache 180, I recently got the Tata Velocity Plus TG9D VRLA premium battery for 1650/- (after bargaining from 1750/-) with same 12V 9Ah capacity. Both battery has 4 year warranty (2 year direct warranty + 2 year pro rata). So there are your alternatives.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-screenshot_20180120160640.jpeg  

Last edited by SDP : 20th January 2018 at 23:04. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 20th January 2018, 23:36   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vik, I recently got the Exide Xplore XLTZ9 battery (12V 9AH) for my Thunderbird 350 for 1800/- (200 discount for returning dead battery).
Thanks mate will definitely ask my local exide dealer the model you got. I feel the last dealer was fleecing me.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2018 at 13:00. Reason: Quote error
Old 21st January 2018, 02:25   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vik, I recently got the Exide Xplore XLTZ9 battery (12V 9AH) for my Thunderbird 350 for 1800/- (200 discount for returning dead battery).
Oops. I have to Correct you mate. The bikes manual says bike requires 14 ah batteries. The batteries you have listed is 9ah wouldn't that be underpowered.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2018 at 12:59. Reason: Quote error
Old 21st January 2018, 13:46   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Oops. I have to Correct you mate. The bikes manual says bike requires 14 ah batteries. The batteries you have listed is 9ah wouldn't that be underpowered.
No no mate, the battery requirement is 12V 8Ah spec. I checked it in my manual too as well as the company website for the TB350.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-sphotoeditor20180121_133800.jpg  

Royal Enfield Queries-screenshot_20180121133428.jpeg  

Old 21st January 2018, 14:18   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
No no mate, the battery requirement is 12V 8Ah spec. I checked it in my manual too as well as the company website for the TB350.

Mate I checked up in my bikes manual and it says 12v - 14AH MF battery. Attachment 1719413 Royal Enfield Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1516524502.341354.jpg
Old 25th January 2018, 08:46   #2842
BHPian

Thanks R-Six.
Wangdu I have the fairing you're looking for. PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hi Wangdu - cross-posting from another thread. One of our fellow Bhpian Rathore did a similar set up on his Thunderbird. He might be able to help. I have quoted his post for your reference. Please try connecting with him.

Ride Safe,
R-Six
Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 17:30   #2843
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My brother's TB 350 went for its 2nd service recently. There was an oil leak near the engine and the mechanic told my brother that some "drain bolt threading" needs to be done to fix the issue. They have charged Rs.600 for the same and have given separate hand written bill (not part of computer generated bill, so no official records) saying that it's done outside so it cannot be entered into the computerized bill. I think my brother (non-enthusiast) has been taken for a ride, if not then why should we be charged for some issue which appears to be manufacturing fault within 3 months of bike purchase. Any inputs will be appreciated.

Last edited by Funny : 25th January 2018 at 17:32.
Old 25th January 2018, 20:25   #2844
BHPian

It is either manufacturing defect or bad handling of the drain bolt. Threads of the bolt is damaged if it is forced tight wrongly or handled when engine is still hot. This is from my experience. In any case, it should be covered under warranty for sure since its only 2nd service. This, assuming your brother has not taken it to some unauthorized service center.

Last edited by rich_heart : 25th January 2018 at 20:28.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 07:15   #2845
BHPian

Random & interesting find on YouTube. Can anyone pls explain how this works?

Rennjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 13:59   #2846
eko
BHPian

Bullet originally came with all electrical items battery fed including ignition. In those days the ignition switch had 3 position with off in centre position. One side was normal ignition and other emergency ignition. The emergency ignition worked without battery and when battery was discharged. At some point of time this emergency ignition facility was discontinued.
Old 5th February 2018, 23:23   #2847
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt that this battery eliminator would work at all on a fuel injected Royal Enfield.

The fuel injected models require battery power to run the electric fuel pump prior to starting the engine.

This is because the fuel pressure between the pump and the injector drops to zero shortly after the engine is turned off with the ignition switch.
294 Kpz (42.6 psi) of fuel pressure is required for the fuel injector to spray the fuel into the inlet manifold and with zero pressure there will not be any fuel present for the engine to start.

I suppose if one were to kick the engine over fast enough a lot of times they could make enough power to get the fuel pump to work but that doesn't sound like fun to me.

Personally, I can't see any advantage in dispensing with the battery on a UCE powered Royal Enfield except perhaps for the weight reduction.

Although I often use the kick starter to start my 500cc fuel injected Royal Enfield I like having the electric starter for those times when a cold engine is balky or on those rare occasions (almost never after the engine was broken in) when my engine dies while I'm waiting at a stop light in heavy traffic.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 5th February 2018 at 23:26.
Old 24th February 2018, 18:43   #2848
BHPian

Not a query..but a heads up post to be exact.

Found this video on oil change in Youtube. Clearly shows how mechanics without any knowledge on the UCEs do maintenance on them.

What all things they did wrong in the video

1. Never start the motorcycle while draining oil. UCEs are equipped with hydraulic tappets that automatically adjusts the push rod clearance. Starting the motorcycle while draining oil will cause them to run dry and fail resulting in increased engine noise (tappet noise). There are two hydraulic tappets, each costs around 850 rupees.

2. Never put diesel or petrol into the engine. The UCE can hold 3.75 liters of oil. Out of that a maximum of 3 liters can be drained out...what ever you do (tilt, shake or kick the motorcycle). So think about the diesel that will be left in the crank case.

3. Never install the oil filter dry. Always soak the oil filter in engine oil for 15 minutes before installation. This will ensure that the motorcycle will not run dry during the first couple of minutes after oil change.

4. Also they poured in a wrong grade engine oil.

The bottom line : As some body has rightfully commented in the video : Show how tough these motorcycles are

Last edited by adrian : 24th February 2018 at 18:53. Reason: adding info
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 11:32   #2849
BHPian

Need Slick Tires for RE Thunderbird 500

My tire of RE TB500 is almost 5 years old. Though it has life left out (as it has run only about 15000 kilometres as of today - did not drive for more than 2 years due to personal commitment and a freak accident), I feel there is no grip on road. Last weekend got a chance to drive around 1000 kilometres and felt that there is no grip.
I would like to change the tires to a slick one. What are the best tires available for Thunderbird 500 which are very grippy (both wet and dry)?
Old 25th March 2018, 23:59   #2850
BHPian

Hi,

I intend to sell my 2013 RE Classic 350. The motorcycle is in very good stock condition with few scratches here and there which I believe are normal.
The Insured Declared Value of bike is INR 95,000 as of today. I purchased the bike in May, 2013 for ~ INR 1,20,000.

What should be my asking price??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks