Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 11:58   #2806
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Battery Charger for Royal Enfield Classic

I would appreciate any information on battery chargers and maintainers such as Optimate for the royal enfield classic 500 models, and if any one is using the same. I ride occasionally and use the Optimate for my Triumph but don't know if it works with the RE.
Old 25th November 2017, 14:57   #2807
BHPian

Friends,

Any suggestions for a good mechanic in Gurgaon for bullets, esp Classic 500?

Searched the forum, but couldn't find one...

Cheers!
Saurabh
Old 25th November 2017, 15:46   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Friends,

Cheers!
Saurabh
Check with Motorrad Werkstatt. You can search with this name on google maps.
Old 25th November 2017, 23:23   #2809
BHPian

Need suggestion from RE group.

About a year back, I resume riding (FYI, I'am at my mid 30's, after 10+ years of driving cars, the maddening traffic in Bangalore forced me to start riding)
Im riding a Fz-16 for past 1 year, but recently i started getting lower back pain. Some saying its because of bike riding. Im 6.2 one of my Colleague told, for taller rider FZ will create back ache, but read somewhere that FZ/Gixxer type of bikes will not hurt back. Im confused.

I like RE's, i ve ridden both CL-350 and TBT-350 for fair amount of kms inside city and little on state highway. I found TBT 350 to be more cramped because of my height, where as classic was good. I ve never tried Electra.

Whether Classic/Electra help?. I need a comfortable bike. Or i need to look elsewhere (look out of RE)?
Old 29th November 2017, 18:00   #2810
BHPian

I own a BS4 TB350. Last week I observed sudden loss in power during acceleration. This happened few times.
My colleague told me to open the fuel cap for a few seconds and then close it. Looks like the problem is solved !

He later informed me that we should not do a full tank in the RE BS4 vehicles. He was not sure why as he read this somewhere.

I am not really sure how opening the fuel cap solved the issue.
And is is true that the full tank is not recommended in RE BS4 bikes ? There is some related material online. I am not sure how accurate this is though
Old 30th November 2017, 11:17   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
I own a BS4 TB350. Last week I observed sudden loss in power during acceleration. This happened few times.
My colleague told me to open the fuel cap for a few seconds and then close it. Looks like the problem is solved !

He later informed me that we should not do a full tank in the RE BS4 vehicles. He was not sure why as he read this somewhere.

I am not really sure how opening the fuel cap solved the issue.
And is is true that the full tank is not recommended in RE BS4 bikes ? There is some related material online. I am not sure how accurate this is though
It's true. In fact not only to RE, I guess this applies to almost any BS4 two wheeler. Due to some evaporation control system it's recommended not to fill up tank fully up to brim. Just check your owners manual, it must have been mentioned somewhere.

Thanks.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:46   #2812
BANNED

Not certain about BS4 motorcycles, but what you've experienced used to be called an air-lock. common cause was due to the fuel cap's vapor release valve being blocked.

The issue could be resolved by cleaning it as shown below;

Royal Enfield Queries-p1010254.jpg

Picture provided by Arun C S a.k.a ACS Sir.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 09:24   #2813
BHPian

Royal Enfield Queries

Have any of you using the UCE STD350 been able to distinguish between a faulty CDI unit and a dirty carb/fuel tank for jerks in bike while accelerating?

I have cleaned the carbs quite a few times due to rust like particles inside the carb. Rinsed the fuel tank completely using small nuts and bolts. Considerable rust was removed. Checked the CDI unit at a shop who said the unit is fine. Replaced the ventilation hose twice but it just cracks within a month. These jerks are driving me nuts and am reluctant to give the bike to RE.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 5th December 2017 at 09:26.
Old 5th December 2017, 09:57   #2814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Have any of you using the UCE STD350 been able to distinguish between a faulty CDI unit and a dirty carb/fuel tank for jerks in bike while accelerating?

I have cleaned the carbs quite a few times due to rust like particles inside the carb. Rinsed the fuel tank completely using small nuts and bolts. Considerable rust was removed. Checked the CDI unit at a shop who said the unit is fine. Replaced the ventilation hose twice but it just cracks within a month. These jerks are driving me nuts and am reluctant to give the bike to RE.
What is the condition of your vacuum piston?

A leaky vacuum piston can result in unexpected jerks which are more noticeable when you accelerate.
Old 5th December 2017, 10:45   #2815
BHPian

I am not sure if it leaks? It looked good whenever I opened it. Even RE guys haven't mentioned about it. Would it have scars all around due to rust from petrol getting in over time? Do you think this part is available separately?
Old 5th December 2017, 11:10   #2816
BHPian

I am yet to see the Rear disk versions of the classic 350 and 500. IIRC, they have been launched but the website still shows drum brakes. I am sure many would be interested in getting those parts (wheel, swingarm, brake, etc) fitted to older bikes. Wonder when that will become possible.
Old 5th December 2017, 14:57   #2817
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I am not sure if it leaks? It looked good whenever I opened it. Even RE guys haven't mentioned about it. Would it have scars all around due to rust from petrol getting in over time? Do you think this part is available separately?
Not sure about RE, but the rest of the manufacturers provide it separately.

The Electra as far as I know runs off a BS29 carb which is shared by the RTR180. So you could try that route if its hard to source from RE, after confirming that parts used are similar.

But before that you could try to see if the issue gets resolved by adding a small quantity of Castrol 2T to your fuel, 2ML per Liter. This was a temporary fix I used to follow when I managed to mess up my ZMA's slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-260029_257084797746415_23980405_n.jpg  

Old 5th December 2017, 23:27   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Not sure about RE, but the rest of the manufacturers provide it separately.

The Electra as far as I know runs off a BS29 carb which is shared by the RTR180. So you could try that route if its hard to source from RE, after confirming that parts used are similar.

But before that you could try to see if the issue gets resolved by adding a small quantity of Castrol 2T to your fuel, 2ML per Liter. This was a temporary fix I used to follow when I managed to mess up my ZMA's slide.

Yes. This part had scratch lines in one half when I had removed it long back. I will check if RE can provide this part.
Old 6th December 2017, 22:27   #2819
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a TB350 and have informed the dealership that I would only take a 2018 manufactured vehicle. Some of the dealers mentioned that they wouldn't get 2018 manufactured vehicles till March or April, due to year end closure, which I find to be absurd. There is a 45 days waiting for this model and hence theoretically the bikes when they do get to the showrooms in January will be 2018 manufactured ones right? What am I missing?
Old 7th December 2017, 11:06   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Friends,

Cheers!
Saurabh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Check with Motorrad Werkstatt. You can search with this name on google maps.
For benefit of all, I would like to inform that Motorrad Werkstatt has now opened a new workshop in Sector 14, Gurgaon. [address from Google: Khasra No. 3898/3173/1970, Near Force Motors Showroom,, Opp. Shubh Vatika, Sheetla Mata Road, Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurugram, Haryana 122001]

And, their first one is near/beeyond Sector 56 Gurgaon. [address from Google: Shop No 2 & 3, Ch. Ram Singh Market, Near Heritage School, VPO Ullahwas, CRPF Road, Gurugram, Haryana 122102]

Contact details: 099108 41988 / 098183 58315

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 7th December 2017 at 11:11.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks