Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 18:41   #2776
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

I will be getting delivery of TB350 next week from Jayanagar, B'lore showroom.
The dealership informed me that the crash guard will not be added as an accessory by them. This is due to the mudguard getting in the way.
He has requested to get this done in JC Road, B'lore.

Is this true ?
If so, where in JC Road can I get this done ?
Old 12th July 2017, 19:45   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
I will be getting delivery of TB350 next week from Jayanagar, B'lore showroom.
The dealership informed me that the crash guard will not be added as an accessory by them. This is due to the mudguard getting in the way.
He has requested to get this done in JC Road, B'lore.

Is this true ?
If so, where in JC Road can I get this done ?
I don't know if the mud guard comes in the way of crash guard. But if you hit deep pot holes the crash guard would definitely hit the mud guard.

In JC road there are two shops one above the other. Try googling fixwell motors or sandhya motors. I think there is a small lane beside SBI bank and these shops are in that lane.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 20:34   #2778
BHPian

I booked the Himalayan in March. It's been more than 3 months now and there are no signs of the bike being delivered. The dealers seem to be completely in the dark about when the new batches of the Himalayan will hit the market. There is no communication from RE. Do other BHP-ians have any idea about what RE is doing?
Old 13th July 2017, 21:46   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
I booked the Himalayan in March. It's been more than 3 months now and there are no signs of the bike being delivered. The dealers seem to be completely in the dark about when the new batches of the Himalayan will hit the market. There is no communication from RE. Do other BHP-ians have any idea about what RE is doing?
As per news reports, the production of BS 3 Himalayan has been stopped. The news ones will be launched after many changes (like FI), and the deliveries are scheduled by August. The short comings of the previous or the first gen Himalayans will be rectified. As per the same report no deliveries are happening for the time being. So wait for few more days.
Old 14th July 2017, 12:29   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
As per news reports, the production of BS 3 Himalayan has been stopped. The news ones will be launched after many changes (like FI), and the deliveries are scheduled by August. The short comings of the previous or the first gen Himalayans will be rectified. As per the same report no deliveries are happening for the time being. So wait for few more days.
I am aware of the shift to BS 4 and the other changes to the bike. What is baffling is the lack of any communication from RE. As a responsible manufacturer, it should keep its customers updated. The delivery schedule changed from May , then it was June end, then July end and now it looks like it might not happen even in August. It is a real shame that RE is keeping its customers hanging like this.
Old 27th July 2017, 09:26   #2781
BHPian

Finally got my TB350 last week !
I had a query regarding the engine kill/stop switch. When are we really supposed to use this ?
The manual is vague in it's explanation

Last edited by shatananda.k : 27th July 2017 at 09:50.
Old 27th July 2017, 10:38   #2782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a query regarding the engine kill/stop switch. When are we really supposed to use this ?
Congratulations mate on your Tbird. The engine kill switch comes in really handy while waiting at the signals. I usually don't shut down the bike entirely by toggling the key to off position during long signals. But with the new AHO equipped bikes I am not sure if this practise is recommended as it will suck the juice out of the battery while waiting at the signals. It is said that the kill switch is for those emergency situations when you want to shut off the engine quickly.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 11:30   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
But with the new AHO equipped bikes I am not sure if this practise is recommended as it will suck the juice out of the battery while waiting at the signals.
Thanks Navin!
This was exactly my concern on using the kill switch when waiting for the signal. For now, I am turning the key off.
shatananda.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 12:10   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
It is said that the kill switch is for those emergency situations when you want to shut off the engine quickly.
Wow I did not know that. My practice is as follows

1. Turn on the Key
2. Put the helmet
3. Turn on the Kill Switch
4. Put gloves
5. Take off stand, start
6. Check mirrors/adjust
7. Off you go

For stopping
1. Put in neutral
2. Kill engine
3. Put on stand
4. Take key

I was under the impression that this switch is just ignition off and not just for emergency case.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:21   #2785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Wow I did not know that. My practice is as follows

I was under the impression that this switch is just ignition off and not just for emergency case.
Mate there is nothing wrong with your practice. The kill switch is not just for emergency but can also be used for quickly shutting off the engine for convenience for example while waiting at the signal. It is easy to use your right thumb without moving your hand to toggle the kill switch rather than to move your hand to towards the ignition key slot to shut the engine.
Old 27th July 2017, 13:13   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep in mind that flipping the kill switch to off will not stop power being drawn from the battery. If you are planning to keep the bike off for a longer duration, please switch off the ignition key and not just the kill switch. If you accidentally leave the ignition key in on position for a longer period (say overnight) even with the kill switch off, the battery could get drained.
Old 27th July 2017, 23:16   #2787
Senior - BHPian

On the new Unit Construction Engine (UCE) Royal Enfields, the "kill switch" has another purpose besides the two uses mentioned above.

These new Royal Enfields have a device called a "Rollover Sensor".

If the motorcycle happens to fall down on its side, the rollover sensor automatically cuts off all power to the ignition and the fuel injector pump if the motorcycle is fuel injected.

The intent is of course, in the event of an accident, the engine will automatically stop running. The kill switch is a backup for the rollover switch in case it doesn't work following an accident.

If the rollover sensor activates for any reason, the (my) Owners Manual says"

"To reset the Roll over sensor in the event the motorcycle falls over. Please put the motorcycle in its centre stand, switch off both the Ignition switch and the stop switch (kill switch) on the handle bar RH control, wait for a few seconds and switch ON the ignition switch and the stop switch again. This will help to RESET the "Roll over Sensor" and the engine can be started."

This "rollover switch" is located under the seat next to the ECU and it has been known to become loose if the retaining fastener is not tightened properly.
If it does come loose and it rotates down to a horizontal position, it will think the motorcycle has crashed and it will then shut off all engine power.

This is a very rare condition but it can happen so, way down on the list of things to check if your engine does not start the rollover switch position and bolt is included.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 27th July 2017 at 23:18.
ArizonaJim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 09:57   #2788

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to identify the top of the piston rings other than the marking given on it? This is for a CI Std 350. It was quite difficult to find the .010'' oversize piston and rings in the market here, and the one that I found is from an old stock, quite old, and sadly there are no markings to indicate the top side.

Can someone please help me with some other features on the rings that would help me identify the top? The owner of the shop, who has been specializing in parts for old bikes, as well as the machinist told me it could go either way.
Old 1st August 2017, 20:49   #2789
eko
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuharih View Post
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me with some other features on the rings that would help me identify the top? .
Top and bottom is applicable only for taper piston rings. Flat piston rings can be used both way.
eko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:15   #2790
BHPian

Any Suggestions for a small windscreen for the Thunderbird

Something like THIS

Need something available in India.

Why small is because with minor falls, the instrument cluster takes a beating. If there's something in front of it, there would be lesser chance of it getting damaged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks