Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2016, 19:33   #2596
BHPian

Dear fellows, I have been having a perennial problem on my bluebird TBTS500 with the breather pipe cracking. I have changed it atleast 5 times and it doesnt seem to go away. Has anyone else faced this? If so, how did you solve it (and I am praying that you did)? Cheers!
Old 26th October 2016, 19:48   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
In close to 15 months, the bike has run 5100kms. I use it for my daily commute.
Let it be, it's not likely to be of consequence. Enjoy your ride.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 20:59   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Dear fellows, I have been having a perennial problem on my bluebird TBTS500 with the breather pipe cracking. I have changed it atleast 5 times and it doesnt seem to go away. Has anyone else faced this? If so, how did you solve it (and I am praying that you did)? Cheers!

Sir I am facing this same pecuniary problem and by the way I have changed the breather pipe 4 times in last 18 months. Arizonajim seemingly had a work around for this, if you can go back a few pages and check up where in he had advised me accordingly but I haven't tried it though.
Old 27th October 2016, 02:40   #2599
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
I've noticed this since the last couple of days: when I start the bike in the morning (after leaving it parked overnight), the engine starts idling BELOW 1000rpm and there is a "tuck tuck tuck" sound that comes from somewhere. If I turn the throttle slightly, it stalls and dies. But if I leave it in this mode without touching it, after about 30 seconds, the sound disappears and the rpm needle rests at the 1000rpm mark. Is this an issue with all RE EFI bikes on a cold start?
The sound you are hearing is the automatic decompression device inside the engine.
This device raises the exhaust valve slightly to release some of the compression at very low speeds.
It is centrifugally actuated so it retracts at normal idling speeds and engine speeds above an idle.
If it stops making the noise at idle speeds, don't worry about it.

By the way, the Unit Construction Engine on Royal Enfields has hydraulic valve lifters. There is no way or need to adjust the valves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
I replaced my breather tube with a piece of vinyl tubing. The fitting outlet is 12mm so try to find a piece of the tubing that fits that size.
I did this change over a year ago and it is still showing no signs of wear, cracking or damage.
Here's a link to the post I made about doing this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3864787

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 27th October 2016 at 02:43.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 13:23   #2600

Hi,

I recently got RE classic 350 and my first service is due. I am based in mumbai western suburbs and have purchased the bike from UNISON Automobiles. if any body has feedback with respect to their service centres in Borivali (w) or at Mira Road it would be of great help to me. Or you all would recommend any other service centre.

rgds
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:03   #2601
BHPian

A quick question here. I was getting ready for a ~700 km ride this past long weekend on my Electra 4S. Just after filling the tank, the electricals went dead and the bike wouldn't start. I parked the bike at my cousin's place nearby and assumed that the battery had died, given that the bike has TCI ignition. I readied my Machismo and went ahead with my plans. Once I returned, I thought I'd try changing the fuse, which unfortunately hadn't occurred to me earlier in my haste. The bike started and operated normally.

I was wondering if the issue could just have been a blown fuse, or if there could be something else at fault, as the horn sometimes works erratically. Could it be a battery issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:42   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
I recently got RE classic 350 and my first service is due. I am based in mumbai western suburbs and have purchased the bike from UNISON Automobiles. if any body has feedback with respect to their service centres in Borivali (w) or at Mira Road it would be of great help to me. Or you all would recommend any other service centre.
dsingh mate I cannot tell you about Unison's service centre at Borivali but I had given my Tbird500 once at their Mira Road outlet. My experience was neutral not too good not too bad. It is better to stick to a service centre which is closer to your house for ease of dropping and picking up the bike for its service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
A quick question here. I was getting ready for a ~700 km ride this past long weekend on my Electra 4S. Just after filling the tank, the electricals went dead and the bike wouldn't start.

Once I returned, I thought I'd try changing the fuse, which unfortunately hadn't occurred to me earlier in my haste. The bike started and operated normally.
Mate this issue for sure is related to the electricals. If the bike started for the second time after you returned then I don't think the battery is at fault. If the battery was completely drained the bike wouldn't start at all. This looks to me like a wiring issue as your horn also works intermittently. Firstly if your battery is old then try recharging it and see if the issue gets resolved or else get the wiring checked.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:53   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate this issue for sure is related to the electricals. If the bike started for the second time after you returned then I don't think the battery is at fault. If the battery was completely drained the bike wouldn't start at all. This looks to me like a wiring issue as your horn also works intermittently. Firstly if your battery is old then try recharging it and see if the issue gets resolved or else get the wiring checked.
Thanks! I'll check it out today. There were some wiring issues earlier, as the left indicator wires were getting shorted. I sorted that out, but maybe screwed something else up along the way.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:10   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out today. There were some wiring issues earlier, as the left indicator wires were getting shorted. I sorted that out, but maybe screwed something else up along the way.
Mate I had a harrowing time with messy electricals on my 96 Standard CI. The wires were cut and joined at numerous places. I finally decided to change the entire wiring harness and electrical problems disappeared. I have a practice of changing the entire wiring harness if the bike is too old like I did with my other steeds.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 11:26   #2605
BHPian

Guys,

Any way to plonk in a digital speedo on a 2015 standard 500? Something like the image below.

Old 4th November 2016, 21:24   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Guys,

Any way to plonk in a digital speedo on a 2015 standard 500? Something like the image below.
There is a digital meter in the market for REBs. I don't have a first hand experience on the same and think it as a bit expensive.

Royal Enfield Queries-phiteslaradon2.jpg

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...d-bullet-3468/
Old 5th November 2016, 15:21   #2607
BHPian

I did see this... Not too appealing though. Maybe I'll have to find my own way.
Old 6th November 2016, 11:55   #2608
BHPian

Has anyone actually tried this? Their website doesn't work.
Old 6th November 2016, 13:22   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
There is a digital meter in the market for REBs. I don't have a first hand experience on the same and think it as a bit expensive.

Attachment 1573670

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...d-bullet-3468/
Yuck! Those guys need lessons in aesthetics and design. I wouldn't install that even for free.
Old 6th November 2016, 14:22   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Yuck! Those guys need lessons in aesthetics and design. I wouldn't install that even for free.
I wouldn't even touch it with a barge pole. It is the analog instrument cluster that suits the Bullets. Again, it is my personal opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks