Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 14:46   #2206
BHPian

You can get a single mirror, not sure about the price though, spares are reasonable
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 16:09   #2207
BHPian

There were charges of 400rs towards wheel truing in 4th free service of my tbts350 and I am trying to find out if it really required for a 3k km old bike? Also how long does wheel truing take ?The bike was in the ramp for less than 15 minutes and I doubt if wheel truing was actually done.

Last edited by sathish81 : 31st January 2016 at 16:15.
Old 31st January 2016, 16:42   #2208
BHPian

Sounds fishy, my RE dealer is a bobmc member and an awesome guy, if you are in Chennai, I'll try to get his info
Old 31st January 2016, 17:01   #2209

Quote:
Originally Posted by virage View Post
AFIK the service centers use oil from separate drums and not smaller cans, there could be a possibility that RE moved to a newer grade and the oil supply with the service centers might be from an older batch. The service centers not upgrading their billing database could also be a possibility.

I should mention that the photo i posted is of an oil can I picked up in a newly open service center in andhra.

Virage, you get (Liquid Gun) RE branded engine oil in both 20w50 and 15w50 viscosity.
rustynails is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 17:08   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Sounds fishy, my RE dealer is a bobmc member and an awesome guy, if you are in Chennai, I'll try to get his info
Thanks Amit appreciate it. I am in Chennai.
Old 31st January 2016, 18:52   #2211
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
There were charges of 400rs towards wheel truing in 4th free service of my tbts350 and I am trying to find out if it really required for a 3k km old bike? Also how long does wheel truing take ?The bike was in the ramp for less than 15 minutes and I doubt if wheel truing was actually done.
Dear Sathish,

Regarding the truing, the dealership here charges around 200rs per wheel and I believe it is recommended in the manual. Need to verify this. Did you complain about the bike getting pulled to any sides to the SA?
For me, I get this job done from an outside guy who repairs cycle rims. It takes about 10 mins to 20 mins per wheel and he charges around 100 rs per wheel depending on the job. I found this satisfactory. This job is carried out without the wheel getting dismantled. Hope this have helped.
Old 31st January 2016, 19:25   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Dear Sathish,

Regarding the truing, the dealership here charges around 200rs per wheel and I believe it is recommended in the manual. Need to verify this. Did you complain about the bike getting pulled to any sides to the SA?
For me, I get this job done from an outside guy who repairs cycle rims. It takes about 10 mins to 20 mins per wheel and he charges around 100 rs per wheel depending on the job. I found this satisfactory. This job is carried out without the wheel getting dismantled. Hope this have helped.
I did not complain about bike getting pulled- I guess SA added this on his own. The bike was on ramp for only 20 mins and during this time the actual service was carried out (air filter cleaning,chain lub etc). I left the place for 10 mins and by the time I came back the bike was outside the service area- so I guess I was cheated. Will be careful next time.

What hurts is not losing money but losing trust I had on service center (Legend motors). Even today I waived washing on SA request as the center was crowded. Also I had recommended this center to others in past.
Old 1st February 2016, 09:42   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynails View Post
Virage, you get (Liquid Gun) RE branded engine oil in both 20w50 and 15w50 viscosity.
Yes, just had a chat with my mechanic. My bad, apologies for the confusion.

And any recommendations on the replacement battery for a cl 350
Old 1st February 2016, 09:52   #2214
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by virage View Post
And any recommendations on the replacement battery for a cl 350
Exide Bikerz 12V 14Ah, costing ₹ 2,600 . Not many choices are there on 14Ah ones. The details are here.

(1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 15:24   #2215
BHPian

Hi
What is the largest size of rear tire I can fit on my TB 500?

The other day I had to do a panic braking and the bike fishtailed, quite a bit. It was scary. As usual, an auto walla swerved into my path. Luckily, I managed to skid a bit and regained control.

Looking for recommendations on tires with good grip and large profile. How complex is it if I want a 200 size tire? Do I need to mess with the swingarm? Is it "bad" in any way?

thanks.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:07   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Hi

The other day I had to do a panic braking and the bike fishtailed, quite a bit. It was scary. As usual, an auto walla swerved into my path. Luckily, I managed to skid a bit and regained control.

Looking for recommendations on tires with good grip and large profile. How complex is it if I want a 200 size tire? Do I need to mess with the swingarm? Is it "bad" in any way?

thanks.

The bigger the tyre does not mean better braking stability.

Especially on a two wheeler when the load balance moves to the front wheel during panic braking and makes the rear lighter which in turn leads to fishtailing and skids.
I would suggest going for the same size as stock, but for a stickier compound tyre .
Although panic braking means slamming the brakes without a second thought, modulation of brakes will help avoid this to some extent.

Fitting a 200mm size rear tyre is not possible on a TB as far as I know and that will definitely makes things worse even if possible.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 16:34   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Is it "bad" in any way?
Its bad mate .... really bad. In every way possible.

Think about it - My Linea, A 4 wheeler has a 195 section tyre. Most Liter class superbikes come with a 180 or 190 section as stock

200 on an Enfield is blasphemous, unless you want to mod it into a show bike, because it wont be good for much else. Forget performance, I doubt if the bike would literally even move with the weight of the tyre and rim

Motorcycle equipment and rider aids are not replacement for riding skills. From what I read above, you definitely need to practice using your front brake more. Any time you have trouble with a particular aspect of riding, for example hard cornering; work upon improving your own skill set before you start thinking of things you can "improve" on your bike
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:12   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Mate the stock tyres on our Tbird's are fairly good but not exceptional. Now that the market for motorcycle tyres have opened to Pirelli, Michelin and soon Bridgestone, I am sure we will have enough options in the future. Upsizing the tyre will require swing arm modifications and as an engineer I would never want to mess with the design. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Motorcycle equipment and rider aids are not replacement for riding skills. From what I read above, you definitely need to practice using your front brake more. Any time you have trouble with a particular aspect of riding, for example hard cornering; work upon improving your own skill set before you start thinking of things you can "improve" on your bike
Aptly put mate but the Tbird500 is nose heavy and has the tendency to skid under hard braking while using the front brakes. The trick is to keep the braking 60% front and 40% rear to keep this behemoth steady. I have always been following this ratio on the Tbird500.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:27   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Aptly put mate but the Tbird500 is nose heavy and has the tendency to skid under hard braking while using the front brakes. The trick is to keep the braking 60% front and 40% rear to keep this behemoth steady. I have always been following this ratio on the Tbird500.
Totally agree. Never said that only front brake must be used, but more is required ....... in conjunction with the rear of course. Especially on the enfields, I have found that adding the rear brake makes a marked improvement in braking distance as well as stability
Old 5th February 2016, 10:22   #2220
BHPian

Hi gurus - few questions.
1. Is there any good video on DIY engine oil change for STD 500?
2. Is there any good video on DIY adding a trafficator buzzer for Bullets?
3. While accelerating from 60 - 90 i find my body pushed back due to wind draft. I get slightly dislodged by 2 -3 inches back in my saddle. This causes strain on my shoulders as my arms need to stretch a bit to hold the handle. Any ergonomic solutions you observe while riding at higher speeds for >10 kms at a stretch please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks