Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:00   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
The problem is that when the headlight is continuously on, the battery doesn't get charged for which i am looking for HID with Angel Eyes.

..Can anyone please guide me on this product or any other product that can serve my purpose?
The UCE Royal Enfields has one of the most powerful alternator units among locally manufactured bikes! Leaving the headlight on at cruising speeds will never drain the battery. Please check if the alternator unit and battery are in good shape. Adding extra electricals without fixing this would lead to more troubles!
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:52   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post

For this i have zoomed in on http://www.mxsmotosport.com/projecto...l-eye-kit-1108 product.
I am more curious about this product. Apparently I do not see any technical specs about the HID kit. Do these require any cutting of headlight assembly?

I had emailed Morimoto guys about their motorcycle HID kit, however the person said he has worked on Enfields and it's not possible to fit a HID kit in a 7" headlight unit.
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:43   #1893
BHPian

Is there some Mod for a quick way to disconnect the battery, other than having to do it at terminals.

Maintaining 3 - 4 bikes means that sometimes the battery gets drained and I have to keep giving it for charging.

Disconnecting the battery each time becomes a chore.
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:45   #1894
BHPian

Re: Bullet Thunderbird TBTS 500 versus KTM Duke 390?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am posting in this thread - As a prospective buyer.
Hi Anurag ,
I hope you must have made your decision by now, just in case if you hav'nt taken the delivery of your bike.
I would suggest you NOT to buy the Insurance from the showroom as it would cost you more by almost 7 to 800/-

When I booked my STD 350 in 2013 , I checked the vehicle condition in showroom , made a note of Engine & Chassis number and took an online policy (The showroom sales guy's face turned STONE ) . This way i adjusted the excess amount in buying the crashguard and head-light cap , while taking the bike for delivery.

Happy Riding !

Last edited by ampere : 4th September 2015 at 08:10. Reason: Removed quoted post
Rugged is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:15   #1895
BHPian

Hi all,

can anyone tell what is this dead cavity for? tried searching through our forums, but could not find something similar. apologies if I have missed it.
Royal Enfield Queries-whatisthisfor.jpg

The travel on the brake pedal to have my rear brakes come into action is very high. how can I lessen the travel? I see this nut linked to the brake pedal. is this the one I need to adjust? if yes - how would I?
Royal Enfield Queries-nutforbrakepedal.jpg
Thanks

Last edited by FuelInjector : 4th September 2015 at 17:24. Reason: adding one more query
Old 4th September 2015, 17:23   #1896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Hi all,

can anyone tell what is this dead cavity for? tried searching through our forums, but could not find something similar. apologies if I have missed it.

Thanks
Isn't it for the crash guard or leg guard mounting point? Just a guess.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:26   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Re: clutch/1st gear noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
You should never ignore an unusual sound that comes from your motorcycle...
I think you should first check and adjust the primary chain tension and see if the humming ceases...
Thanks for golden words .

Ok, I got a chance to open the primary today. There was some slack in the primary chain which I tightened. The sound has reduced considerably. Yet to take a longish ride. This noise was only when clutch is disengaged and 1st gear is slotted. Not in neutral, neither any other body panel noise etc.

I also took out the clutch plates and friction discs and inspected and cleaned them thoroughly. They look nice and clean. What I noticed is there is a bit of play in the clutch basket, means, I could shake whole basket with both my hands. Bearing looks ok- no tangible play. It is only when all plates and friction discs are put together that the basket can be moved by hands. The play reduced when I tightened the primary chain, obviously due to the tension of the chain. Now I'm not experienced with 5-speed clutch- anyone noticed this bit of play in clutch basket?

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 4th September 2015 at 17:32.
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:26   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it for the crash guard or leg guard mounting point? Just a guess.
Not sure. have a diamond crash guard. It comes with clamps for the bottom (RE has provided 2 cavities there) and another U clamp near the neck. But this cavity is somewhere in the middle.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:08   #1899
BANNED

Quote:

Not sure. have a diamond crash guard. It comes with clamps for the bottom (RE has provided 2 cavities there) and another U clamp near the neck. But this cavity is somewhere in the middle.
May be during servicing to be used as support for fixing any tool.
Old 4th September 2015, 20:13   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

can anyone tell what is this dead cavity for?

The travel on the brake pedal to have my rear brakes come into action is very high. how can I lessen the travel? I see this nut linked to the brake pedal. is this the one I need to adjust? if yes - how would I?

Thanks
1. That dead cavity is where the OEM horn clamp attaches itself to the frame.

2. The nut in the picture is used to adjust the brake pedal height. To shorten the play in the brake pedal, you have to adjust the nut on the link road that connects the brake pedal to the rear brake arm. Leaving the brake pedal without free play would cause the rear brakes to drag especially during wet climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Thanks for golden words .

Ok, I got a chance to open the primary today. iously due to the tension of the chain. Now I'm not experienced with 5-speed clutch- anyone noticed this bit of play in clutch basket?

tia,
-BJ
Is your clutch assembly the same as in the picture ?

Royal Enfield Queries-clutch-exploded-view.jpg

If yes, what is the condition of the washer numbered 10 ?

Last edited by adrian : 4th September 2015 at 20:17. Reason: removing unwanted references
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 02:45   #1901
BHPian

Hi Team,

1. How often do we need to go in for a Wheel Throw , I have a 2013 STD-350 uce.

2. Is it compulsory to replace the filter at every service ? that's what my mechanic says.

3. After 11000 km is it too late to go for a silencer mod , for a RE Short bottle ?
Old 5th September 2015, 07:45   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Is your clutch assembly the same as in the picture ?
If yes, what is the condition of the washer numbered 10 ?
No, Adrian. It is different. It has 4-plate assembly. Anyway, I did not remove the clutch center and cage. Only removed plates to check its health. Didn't see such a washer.

thanks,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 08:48   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
Hi Team,

1. How often do we need to go in for a Wheel Throw , I have a 2013 STD-350 uce.

2. Is it compulsory to replace the filter at every service ? that's what my mechanic says.

3. After 11000 km is it too late to go for a silencer mod , for a RE Short bottle ?
1.Wheel trewing can be done once in 10-15k Kms or when you feel the bike is not handling like it used to.

2.Replace the filter as mentioned in the manual. I doubt if it is every service.

3. There is no specific time to change the exhaust. Some do it on a brand new bike and others wait for the running in to finish. At your odo reading, it's fine since the engine would have set in by now.
Old 6th September 2015, 19:28   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
Hi Team,

I changed mine when my bike had run just short of 2k on the odo. You can change yours.The good thing about the exhaust system In RE is that the cat con is in the bent pipe.So emission wise too it's not an issue.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 21:03   #1905

Hello mates.

I was looking at installing speakers on my TBTS 350.

1.What is the way to go about it ?
2.Any Legal issues ?
3.Was thinking of attaching, somehow, a portable bluetooth speaker o
4.Boss ( Not Bose ) speakers available online ( Amazon ) @ 6K+ that attach to the battery ( So no recharging required ) But a permanent installation like this comes with the risk of getting stolen when parked somewhere.

Suggestions ? Anyone who has done it already ?

I'm based in Chandigarh with weekly access to Delhi markets

TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks