Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 14:04   #1591
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
I must say my Electra 350 has really comfortable seats, I was torn between the

I can't find the video I did after all this was complete, will post it soon here.

Thank You
Arya
There is a hell of a difference in the oil change done as a DIY and an oil change done at the RE ASS. The service guys won't drain oil properly and hence, the fresh oil mixes with the residues and turns black after a couple of kilometers.

Did you change the oil filter ? I asked because you didn't mention it anywhere in your post. It is necessary to replace the oil filter each time you replace engine oil. To ensure that all the gunk is drained you should open the primary and secondary drain plugs and wipe the magnets and the oil filter screen using lint free cloth.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 14:13   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
There is a hell of a difference in the oil change done as a DIY and an oil change done at the RE ASS. The service guys won't drain oil properly and hence, the fresh oil mixes with the residues and turns black after a couple of kilometers.

Did you change the oil filter ? I asked because you didn't mention it anywhere in your post. It is necessary to replace the oil filter each time you replace engine oil. To ensure that all the gunk is drained you should open the primary and secondary drain plugs and wipe the magnets and the oil filter screen using lint free cloth.
regards adrian
Hi Adrian,

Yes, I missed out to mention, I cleaned all the plug ends with a clean cloth and also inside as much as I could reach with my finger, especially where the restrainer was held.....I also replaced the oil filter twice, 1st when I filled it with Shell and then before filling with Motul.
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 14:37   #1593
BHPian

Do these silencer rubbers which are put at the end of exhaust do any good? As in minor changes in thump? Anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Silencer-Rubb...item3cf370839c
Old 20th March 2015, 15:54   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Do these silencer rubbers which are put at the end of exhaust do any good? As in minor changes in thump? Anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Silencer-Rubb...item3cf370839c
These are available on e-bay now?

On the long type exhaust , they don't make any difference in thump but double as a protector to the muffler tip if anyone decides to hit it from behind.

On the short type muffler, provided you have a flap for the rear , it does help in concentrating the exhaust pressure to hit the flap to make a different beat , as in the picture.

Cheapest way to get a different exhaust note on a Bullet.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-img_20150320_1545382.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 20th March 2015 at 15:56.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 16:04   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
On the long type exhaust , they don't make any difference in thump but double as a protector to the muffler tip if anyone decides to hit it from behind.
I have seen some long bottle UCEs with this black rubber and had a slightly deeper thump. Though, I am not completely sure if that rubber made the whole difference.
Old 20th March 2015, 16:12   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I have seen some long bottle UCEs with this black rubber and had a slightly deeper thump. Though, I am not completely sure if that rubber made the whole difference.
I doubt if it would be the rubber piece that is the reason.

Even on the long mufflers on the UCE, I have noticed that different bikes have different notes, just like the old Enfields had all different notes.
Old 20th March 2015, 16:57   #1597
BHPian

Folks,
I got my Desert storm a month back, am loving it.
Not so much the MUTED thump.
Read somewhere that if you remove some glasswool from the stock silencer it gives a better thump without changing/spending anything.
Pls advice-What i need is a good bassy thump-not very loud though and should not affect performance in any way,improvement welcomed though.
Am due for first service month end.

cheers
Old 20th March 2015, 20:28   #1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
What i need is a good bassy thump-not very loud though and should not affect performance in any way,improvement welcomed though.
Am due for first service month end.

cheers
After 3rd free service I upgraded my STD 350's silencer to Goldstar. I came to know that if you want deeper thump, fill extra glasswool but it would raise the load on engine and finally affects fuel economy.
I can say that, with upgraded silencer bike is breathing easily, significant change in pik-up. Also with stock silencer it could reach 95km/hr but now it easily gets upto 110km/hr.
If you don't like loud sound you can opt for short-bottle (Indore) silencer, it would give you that Dug-Dug sound.
Goldstar is too loud at higher speeds. I would suggest get rid of stock silencer, it completely transforms the bike.
Old 21st March 2015, 01:05   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetK View Post
I came to know that if you want deeper thump, fill extra glasswool but it would raise the load on engine and finally affects fuel economy.
I can say that, with upgraded silencer bike is breathing easily, significant change in pik-up.
Yes there would be a slight increase in pick up, but filling glasswool in the muffler does not have an effect on the engine.
The glasswool basically absorbs the shrill sound waves leaving only the bass. That bass may have an effect on the riders right wrist which in turn affects the load on the engine.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 10:04   #1600
BHPian

Hello all, since we are discussing silencers, I've a question. I've a 5month old 15,000km run thunderbird 350. As rightly pointed out, this model is a silent one among the Royal Enfield stable. Also, I've a 91 model standard 350 which is sparingly used these days owing to repairs, painting and plating. Now the problem is regarding the exhaust note of the new one. I sorely miss the bass. Hence thinking of replacing the exhaust. My friend who owns the same model thunderbird has replaced to Zeus wild boar. My only condition is, this change should not affect the engine. I travel around 130 km in a day in the bird. Also FE also should not be compromised. I get around 42-45 kmpl. Is there any suggestions?

Last edited by drdeepudev : 21st March 2015 at 10:06. Reason: typo
Old 21st March 2015, 18:35   #1601
BHPian

Has anyone used the Greasehouse exhaust on their Bulls? A fellow in my apartment has it installed on his TB350 and it sure as hell makes some noise! I've observed it to have a tad faster acceleration than other Thunderbirds too.
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:23   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Has anyone used the Greasehouse exhaust on their Bulls? A fellow in my apartment has it installed on his TB350 and it sure as hell makes some noise! I've observed it to have a tad faster acceleration than other Thunderbirds too.
Am using Greasehouse Exhaust on my TB500 and it does make quite a sound. I don't really know for sure, if it aids in faster acceleration.
vrajaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 20:19   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post

What do you do with the ex-cam, swap with an inlet cam or just a tiny blob of weld? i'm sure you have gone thru details. Lets have some pics & notes please..
Yes. A tiny weld and a bit of grinding to match the profile.
And, get the old CI de-compressor valve on the UCE head.
Mod the crank to weigh ~10.5kg, and you get a clatter-less UCE doing 20kmph in 5th gear, without any knocking.
Add a nice short bottle exhaust and you get a decent thump.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-10372010_922249217786370_5725225972580112142_n.jpg  

Last edited by jeeva : 25th March 2015 at 20:21.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 11:02   #1604
BHPian

Hi friends I have a query about an issue with my TBTS 350. When I switch off the engine during the waiting time in the traffic signal, I get to smell the petrol. This is been happening for over a month now everytime when I press the engine kill switch during the waiting time and restart the bike.

What could be the reason. I don't see any oil leakage or petrol droplets in the morning when I start the bike.

Can someone help me solving this issue?

Thanks in advance..
Old 26th March 2015, 19:58   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends I have a query about an issue with my TBTS 350. When I switch off the engine during the waiting time in the traffic signal, I get to smell the petrol. This is been happening for over a month now everytime when I press the engine kill switch during the waiting time and restart the bike.

What could be the reason. I don't see any oil leakage or petrol droplets in the morning when I start the bike.

Can someone help me solving this issue?

Thanks in advance..
Well I faced a similar issue with my T.B 500. On checking the fuel pipe coming out of the fuel tank was loose so a few minute drops petrol leaked and evaporated over hot engine. Quite dangerous indeed. Just tightened the clamp screw , and the problem was resolved.
mustang 99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks