Old 31st March 2009, 16:40   #151
BHPian

yup ive seen his blog! i recognised it by the SPIRIT written on the side
Old 31st March 2009, 18:28   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Speedo - Here is one nicely modded Comet. The FZ lamp looks killer

xBhp Bangalore ride to Munnar March 27-29 - Page 4 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
That does look nice!! I think the tiny fairing on the FZ-S will look nice too. i just saw a black-yellow FZ-S in the company parking and the tiny fairing is damn smart!
Old 31st March 2009, 18:38   #153
BHPian

hmm.. aesthetics are the last thing on my mind right now, just looking for a solution for the vibration right now mann!! My brains working on overdrive right now!
Old 31st March 2009, 18:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
hmm.. aesthetics are the last thing on my mind right now, just looking for a solution for the vibration right now mann!! My brains working on overdrive right now!
@speedy -- did you try posting your query on korider? its worth a try after all the self study you have done for no real clue. thats all the gyan i can give on this issue.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:17   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
@speedy -- did you try posting your query on korider? its worth a try after all the self study you have done for no real clue. thats all the gyan i can give on this issue.
Yup! done that too haven't really got a concrete answer from there either! :(
Hopefully some of the gurus here can help me out!
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:05   #156
BHPian

Good news! Valve clearance is perfectly in range the guy made a mistake measuring it and wrote 0.2 mm as 2 mm and so on! the idiot was going to start shimming when i butt in to check it myself, and found it perfectly fine!! thank god i checked it before he shimmed it.

So vibration remains!
P.S. i rejet to 96 on both carbs, it runs even better now!

Keep the inputs coming for the probable cause of the vibration im not going to open up anything now until i'm convinced on finding something
Old 6th April 2009, 15:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Speedy -- The nuts refuse to budge man!! Just cant get the stock exhaust off! What should i do? Gas cutting to get the nuts removed? or will just heating the nuts and trying to remove them work?? Damn! i've a 20k exhaust on my hands that i can not use! :(
Old 6th April 2009, 19:41   #158
BHPian

hey nilesh!
DON'T torch it off!! or heat the nuts heating will cause them to expand and clamp on tighter!

Did you try the hacksaw method? you might want to tap the back of the screw driver with a hammer slightly for it to fit nicely, then press inwards with the grip and use pliers to grab its shaft and turn! Should work!

If it doesn't:-
What you need is a set of bolt removers, they are available at tool stores, they are basically reverse threads, you will have to drill the bolts through with a bit smaller than the dia of the bolt and then screw in the bolt remover of the appropriate size, this after tightening (opposite direction of bolt, i.e. tighten in the direction you would open the bolt, anti-clock when facing it) will unscrew the bolt when rotated in the same direction.

If you're not confidant about it go to a good mech. who does exhausts, i got my exhaust from shakeel in pune, since you're there you can get in touch with him if he can help. Il just PM you his no.

Alternatively, if you don't mind scraping your OEM end can you could just drill off the bolts with an appropriate sized bit.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:57   #159
BHPian

Hey Speedo, how's the bike doing ? I'm thinking of getting the exhaust made by the Pune guy only, what do you suggest ? My mechanic is on a month long vacation to the US of A.

@Nilesh: Where did you get a 2 bros. for a Comet ? Can you post a pic or any link.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 7th April 2009, 10:33   #160
BHPian

hey p180v1, buddy the bikes doing good, rejet it and feels better but still feels a bit flatter than what i remember the comet to be. well the exhaust made it better for sure and with the rejet feels good!

2 bros. is available for the comet google it. Other well known one's for the comet are screaming deamon, bruce fabrications, yoshimura(have heard bad reviews of this one too), etc. cheers.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:34   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Hey Speedo, how's the bike doing ? I'm thinking of getting the exhaust made by the Pune guy only, what do you suggest ? My mechanic is on a month long vacation to the US of A.

@Nilesh: Where did you get a 2 bros. for a Comet ? Can you post a pic or any link.

CHEERS,
G D
I got the 2Bros from powersportsuperstore.com on my trip to california last month. they were selling the titanium for $100 less than the rest. i think that was clearance. this site is pretty cheap is what i found after spending 4 weeks on the net for the exhaust/parts.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:09   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I got the 2Bros from powersportsuperstore.com on my trip to california last month. they were selling the titanium for $100 less than the rest. i think that was clearance. this site is pretty cheap is what i found after spending 4 weeks on the net for the exhaust/parts.
Thanx dude, speedo I had tried googling for yoshimura & the rest, only thing was I couldn't find an Indian dealer.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 11th April 2009, 00:53   #163
BHPian

buddy i don't think you'll find anyone in India who'll get it you'll have to buy it online and have it shipped or ask someone to carry it if anyones coming! I'd suggest go for one from shakeel its well worth it and i can't see much difference in a endcan apart from the looks and slightly on the sound as most of them have the same Inner dia so backpressure is more or less the same, sound can be played around with by varying the amount of glass wool! The only other factor is length well if you're looking for a shorty Im sure he can make that too!
Old 27th May 2009, 02:07   #164
BHPian

Hey guys... Where are the pics????
Old 27th May 2009, 11:08   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Thanx dude, speedo I had tried googling for yoshimura & the rest, only thing was I couldn't find an Indian dealer.

CHEERS,
G D
Try planetdsg.com and if they don't have any, ask them if they can get you one. But trust me, its going to cost as in COST!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks