Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2005, 13:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomega
hey feriod..
What abt the crank shaft, how exactly did they design it?? can i have more detaisl regarding that? Ram
I'm not an engineer or an auto expert, but I still wonder if it wouldnt be easier to modify the crankshaft of one of the two twin-cylinder engines made in India (RD 350 and Yezdi 350) than to build one from scratch

There are plenty of those lying around, I'm sure. I have 2 spare RD 350 crankshafts, in any case...
Old 24th May 2005, 13:54   #17
BHPian

With you steeroid. Forging a crank can be pretty tough and expensive to produce one off pieces. Maybe they are using an existing crank only.
Old 24th May 2005, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
With you steeroid. Forging a crank can be pretty tough and expensive to produce one off pieces. Maybe they are using an existing crank only.
My mistake - I'd forgotten that they're developing a V Twin and not an in-line twin. Still should be possible to source one from abroad...
Old 24th May 2005, 19:14   #19
BHPian

hey man, yes ur right, its a v-twin and not a inline! btw the engine is completeing almost and u guyz can have a look at the pics in another 2 weeks!
Old 24th May 2005, 19:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomega
hey feriod..
What abt the crank shaft, how exactly did they design it?? can i have more detaisl regarding that?
and I'm not frombangalore.. so can ya tell me wht exactly is ZEN TVS??

And whtdya mean special kinda torch?? rnt they using TIG for weldin engines peices??
But Al is generally welded with thermite weldin..

Ram
hey iomega, i am the same guy, joeljoe2003@xbhp.com ........
nice to know that ur in team-bhp as well.....i'll post all the info sometime later buddy....tc
Old 24th May 2005, 20:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I'm not an engineer or an auto expert, but I still wonder if it wouldnt be easier to modify the crankshaft of one of the two twin-cylinder engines made in India (RD 350 and Yezdi 350) ...
2 stroke engines have a different style cranks with roller bearings, because they dont use oil lubrication. They just have a faint mist of 2T. 4-strokes have shell bearings which need to be lots of lube.
Old 19th October 2005, 15:49   #22
BHPian

Hey !
Nice to know that someone has taken up an effort to modify the Fiero...but please dont sideline important factors while designing...
1st-mods to the cradle and chassis have to be made at specific places...ensuring proper weight distribution..
2nd-the 295 c.c engine and 27 bhp might work out to be too much for the old fiero chassis..( every chassis is made with a specific weight and power output in mind)
3rd-the crankshaft you are talin about might be better off from a 2-stroke engine already available in India...
Please...Design is n ot easy...think a hundred times before you execute something..
Regards...
Old 19th October 2005, 18:07   #23
BHPian

Any idea how much will it cost!?
Old 20th October 2005, 18:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkikr
Hey !
Nice to know that someone has taken up an effort to modify the Fiero...but please dont sideline important factors while designing...
1st-mods to the cradle and chassis have to be made at specific places...ensuring proper weight distribution..
2nd-the 295 c.c engine and 27 bhp might work out to be too much for the old fiero chassis..( every chassis is made with a specific weight and power output in mind)
3rd-the crankshaft you are talin about might be better off from a 2-stroke engine already available in India...
Please...Design is n ot easy...think a hundred times before you execute something..
Regards...
These things were thought a 1000 times over before the work commenced,.....anyways the engine is almost ready to start cranking and its time to break the ice......

side by side, the work on my 200cc fiero will be complete this weekend...however the first episode was complete in june 2005, now after 3 mnths of riding and research, we have made some more updates and its gonna be even better! will post snaps and reports soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks