Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 20:47   #46
BHPian

I found another rd. its sleeved with new standard pistons. needs a new battery. owner asking for 1.5. what's a good price for this bike?
Attached Images

vroomsome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 22:38   #47
BHPian

Re: Checklist for buying a Yamaha RD350

Stay Away from sleeved bikes!
Also new pistons is a joke! Most mechs just turn old pistons on a lathe to fit a sleeved block.
Rash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 11:12   #48
BHPian

What is the deal with RD 350's now a days ? why are the prices so overhyped ? people are asking for an arm and leg for it.

What should one pay for a decent running condition RD ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sabareesh,

A lot of people like you are on the look out for "a decent RD 350" and the availability is really low and with every passing year fewer and fewer are in the market. So the laws od demand and supply work and the prices are increasing with every passing year.

I think in South India for a RD 350 in good running condition and clear papers you may have to pay anything around INR 150 K

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 12:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sabareesh,
There are many ways on how you would look at an RD. There are various examples of RD and you would need to understand the need of the hour. Would you need a bike in Good Running Condition or a Bike in Good Original Running Condition.
From my experience the first category can be gotten in the price range of 120 to 150K.
The latter group is where the fancy prices come in and only an experienced eye can pick up the finer nuances of a well maintained/original condition.

If you are a first timer into RD; suggest you to give the first lot of bikes where you can experience an RD. Post that you can make a decision if you need a bike in spanking original condition.

PS: Prices quoted are from my exposure to South Indian Bikes where even a brash of RD metal is sold at alarmingly high prices.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 23:15   #51
BHPian

Wow.. After reading this thread, i did get some idea about the RD. I started to look for a RD & I'm not an expert to know the nuances of a bike, but do have the love & passion to own it.

I'm still looking for one & will continue till i get one.
You can never compromise what your heart says
Old 13th November 2013, 12:36   #52
BHPian

I had read somewhere that the earlier lot of RD350 which were launched in India were also given to the police department were the original 39 bhp Japanese versions. Can anyone elaborate more on this. Is there a way in knowing the difference? something like lot numbers particularly?
Old 13th November 2013, 15:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
. Can anyone elaborate more on this. Is there a way in knowing the difference? something like lot numbers particularly?
Mate,
Not trying to blow my trumpet but I have made an honest attempt to putting in my experiences with the RD. Have a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...15th-year.html
Old 26th January 2015, 17:43   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

A rare Yamaha RD 350 advertisement from Sept 1984 (India Today)

Checklist for buying a Yamaha RD350-2015-jan-014.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 18:35   #55
BHPian

I have come across a 84' RD350 for sale. I test rode it yesterday. Following is the condition of the bike.
1. Owner says its HT. I checked the left side crank case cover. It says made in India. as per information available on net this indicates LT. What is the best way to confirm any RD whether its HT or LT?
2. Engine was smooth. Very heavy clutch lever. 1st gear was difficult to engage. Probably clutch issue
3. It was modded to to have 2 is to 1 exhaust with expansion chamber
4. Converted to CDI
5. Fuel pump was missing. Holes in crank case were exposed. Running on premix
6. Wiring was not neat, needs full paint job

Owner is quoting 2 lakhs. I don't think its worth 2 lakhs. In above condition what should be best price for this. I don't mind paying 10k more if its confirmed HT. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks