Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 15:47   #1186
BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Well I have 2009 Machismo 500. Recently got overhauled with change of Block & Piston. Attaching a few pics below.
Congratulations for being a machismo 500 owner. How many kms covered before overhaul? What was the cost involved. Please share more details.
Have you got the original block-piston set easily?
How is the bike after restoration (I mean is it as good as new)?
Old 25th March 2013, 16:38   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Congratulations for being a machismo 500 owner. How many kms covered before overhaul? What was the cost involved. Please share more details.
Have you got the original block-piston set easily?
How is the bike after restoration (I mean is it as good as new)?
Thanks Alok. Let me answer your questions one by one.
1 I had done only 11000kms before the overhaul.
2 The whole operation costed me around 25k Rs.
3 The Block-Piston set os very tough to find, I had to pay extra to acqire one.
4 The bike rides well mow but the niggling issues are still there. This is something you need to love with as a Bullet owner.
Hope I have answered all you question.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:32   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecar View Post
Thanks Alok. Let me answer your questions one by one.
1 I had done only 11000kms before the overhaul.
Though I am going off topic (as this thread is only for pictures/snaps), when matter become on Mac 500 it is difficult for me to stop myself.

Previously I was thinking that you have completed 1lac Kms but Isn’t it a very early overhaul? Only 11k kms (not even two oil change intervals). AVLs are more trouble free (less visits to mechanic) than CIs. Only at 11k kms directly piston-bore replacement, No oversize piston, no rebore what happened and how the problem detected?
Old 25th March 2013, 23:45   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Though I am going off topic (as this thread is only for pictures/snaps), when matter become on Mac 500 it is difficult for me to stop myself.

Previously I was thinking that you have completed 1lac Kms but Isn’t it a very early overhaul? Only 11k kms (not even two oil change intervals). AVLs are more trouble free (less visits to mechanic) than CIs. Only at 11k kms directly piston-bore replacement, No oversize piston, no rebore what happened and how the problem detected?
Actually the bike was used very sparingly but I noticed white smoke from the silencer and then when I traced it back the white smoke was there from the day I bought it. Some bullet expert told me to get the block- Piston checked. I did that and to my surprise the piaton was actully worn out. So I thought to repalce and and make it new again. Then after 2 months my mechanic found the set.

To cut the story short Rs 25k later It now drives almost like new. Still miles to go for perfection.
musclecar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 23:24   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansu View Post
MY New Thunderbird 350 -Got delivery in Jan 1st-2013.
Hi Ansu, and fellow BHPians. I have booked my TB350 (after deciding to go for the TBird instead of Cl350)at Bangalore and am expecting the bike in two months. It will be my first bullet, after the test drive becoming an RE fan was inevitable and the wait is unbearable. However, i would love to hear about the post delivery experience with the bird, any issues that need to be taken care of/noticed during/after delivery and the overall experience with it. I have heard a few issues regarding a leak in the fuel tank when quantity is higher than 5+ litres, petrol tank breather issues, brake pads wearing off and damaging the disks. Did you face any issue at all? Do share your experience. Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:38   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HariRE350 View Post

Hi Ansu, and fellow BHPians. I have booked my TB350 (after deciding to go for the TBird instead of Cl350)at Bangalore and am expecting the bike in two months. It will be my first bullet, after the test drive becoming an RE fan was inevitable and the wait is unbearable. However, i would love to hear about the post delivery experience with the bird, any issues that need to be taken care of/noticed during/after delivery and the overall experience with it. I have heard a few issues regarding a leak in the fuel tank when quantity is higher than 5+ litres, petrol tank breather issues, brake pads wearing off and damaging the disks. Did you face any issue at all? Do share your experience. Thanks
Hi Hari Congrats for booking the Bird.
Overall experience post delivery is fine.No Major issues still now. Have clocked 2500 kms in 90 days time .Have to give for 2nd service by weekend.The Bull is excellent in terms of riding both city and High way and absolutely a head turner. Initially had problems with fuel gauge,Shows wrong reading in the fuel gauge.The problem was sorted out in service center by changing the fuel sensor.Mileage is somewhat near 38 + or - .
There is no issues such as petrol tank leak,Brake pads wearing off . Go ahead with your decision.
ansu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:52   #1192
BHPian

Thanks Ansu for the quick feedback. It definitely is a head turner. Congrats on your buy. Can't wait for mine. Will keep you posted. Safe ride, happy thumping!
Old 16th April 2013, 09:11   #1193
J.Ravi

At last, I got my dream bike last evening after patiently waiting for 5 months. Here is my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 Twilight, when I did PDI at Chennai Mandaiveli RTO yesterday afternoon.

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09296.jpg

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09300.jpg

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09301.jpg

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09302.jpg

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09303.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:48   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
At last, I got my dream bike last evening after patiently waiting for 5 months. Here is my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 Twilight, when I did PDI at Chennai Mandaiveli RTO yesterday afternoon.
Hearty Congratulations Ravi. It looks great . Waiting to hear a detailed riding review espcially in areas like handling/Lighting/power terrain/tyre grips. Hope there have been great improvements overall compared to older models ot TBTS.
I particularly liked the headlight,instrument cluster and the paint finish.

Congrats on your bird once again

Sunny
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:36   #1195
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hearty Congratulations Ravi. It looks great .
Thanks a lot for the kind words, Pheonix. I have ridden my son's Classic 500 Black for more than 9 months when I booked TB500 in last November. Yes, I will start an exclusive ownership thread with more details after completing the first service of my TB500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Congrats once again for showing the path . I am 46 & recently fulfilled my dream of owning a RE, that I wanted to have since the age of 18 . Now it looks like I have some more opportunity to go on with
Thanks, Sudarshan, for nice words. I have been dreaming to own a Royal Enfield from my engineering college days in 1971, but could not own it so far due to various reasons. Now, it has become a reality.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th April 2013 at 14:53.

Old 16th April 2013, 14:44   #1196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks a lot for the kind words, Pheonix. I have ridden my son's Classic 500 Black for more than 9 months when I booked TB500 in last November. Yes, I will start an exclusive ownership thread with more details after completing the first service of my TB500.
Congrats.

Its never late to fulfill a long lasting dream , at 58 you have just proved it .Untill I read the above post I just thought you would be just another youth around the block like us . But when I saw the line regarding riding your son's bike, it just struck me .

Congrats once again for showing the path . I am 46 & recently fulfilled my dream of owning a RE, that I wanted to have since the age of 18 . Now it looks like I have some more opportunity to go on with .

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:53   #1197
BHPian

All thumpers ,

OT , (didn't know where to post , mods please do the needful ) ,
Anyone interested can post there bike review of bullet 500 on www.visordown.com will get assured freebies.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:57   #1198
BHPian

Just got Amelia (Earheart) delivered and rode the first ever 4 KMs from the dealer to Office.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-20130516_112808.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 24th May 2013 at 00:08. Reason: Not more than two smilies per post allowed.
Exhaust_Note is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 13:05   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
Just got Amelia (Earheart) delivered and rode the first ever 4 KMs from the dealer to Office.
Hearty Congratulations Exhaust_Note. I just love how you named her Amelia . Hope you have glorious rides like she did !.
500 am sure is fun to drive with loads of torque and power. Do let us know your buying/ownership experiences as you go ahead so that other aspiring people can benefit from it.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:30   #1200
BHPian

Will surely pen down my experiences and learnings in detail. This forum has helped me a lot and I just hope I can also give some useful contribution.

In short, she was purchased from Dhone Automobiles, Kasarwadi. Excellent booking and buying experience. Joe had done the PDI before getting it from the yard. Could not find anything miss

Just got the airfly leg guard fitted for 1500 and the staff behaviour made me feel important and liked. Just ride 4 KMs and all seems well. The rear brake pads are touching the disk slightly. I think it is ok to ride it home (30 KMs) and get it sorted by the nearby workshop in a day or two. This rear brake adjustment issue has been reported by many people. Hence I was not too worried and at the same time it shows that this is prevalent pan India

A couple of pics below. The guy fitting the leg guard.....that's the attitude of the entire staff.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-20130516_101305.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-20130516_101314.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-20130516_102635.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks