Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 10:49   #1
BHPian

Buying a chopper!

Guys!

I am planning to buy this chopper. Its a 82 model and in a clean condition, 350 cc. I am planning to use this just for a hobby and not for my regular commute.

Could you tell me how much should I pay for this?

If you were to buy it how much do u think its worth?

The guy also said the gear and brake are the old enfield type and can be changed like the regular assembly if needed.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a chopper!-industrial-style-chopper.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 11:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Moleculez,If you really are in enthu for your hobby,i would suggest you buy a scrap and build your own model,with your own innovation and design,that will give you pure satisfaction.

Well i know its the time we dont have,but for hobby one always removes time members on TBHP will help you in all the possible ways for building your dream machine...think over it..cheers

Ramie
Old 7th October 2008, 11:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't pay more than 5K premium on a similar aged and ran stock Enfield Bullet.

Somehow the front rake angle looks stock to me. Its just that the guy has raised the tank and made the body lines flow along with it.

That means its not really a chopper. It may look like one, but its not.

Hence not even 5K premium.

I would keep my offer below 30K at all times.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:57   #4
BHPian

IMO.not worth any money spent!! If you want a chopper make a one for yourself.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:24   #5
BHPian

Hmm! I am not into bikes atall. I want to buy one just so that i can crusie around smalled distances where i cant take my Scorpio.
I dont think I would be building one for myself in the near future.

I know the hobby and all but apart from work I have a hobby of marine fish and body building. both need 24x7 dedication.

I think it has disc brakes in the front which are not stock for sure as 82 didnt have discs.

The guy has quoted the price 80K as of now and will definately negotitate. He has the RC book but not in his name as he claims that he makes these to sell do does not make sense tranferrring it to his name.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:41   #6
BHPian

The price he's asking is way to much and negotiation is not going to be all that big right? Something like this will also require 24x7 attention (its hit a quarter of a century ) The exhaust system is not quite defined which makes it more tougher on small distance cruises (the purpose of the bike)
My take on this: Its better to find a bike and modify it to a chopper rather than spend 70 - 80K on a rebuild like this.
I agree with Ramie a 100%. So.
You either Buy a cruiser from the present market Or build your own chopper!
(that's what the forum is about)
Old 7th October 2008, 16:57   #7
BHPian

OK Building my own cruiser just my myself with you guys help is a herculian task. What I can do i buy a 500cc Bullet. And if you guys can suggest someone who will build a chopper out of it as per my needs would be fantastic.

Just a thought.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:37   #8
BHPian

get a machismo 500cc new or used and ride it for sometime. it will give you enough cruising experience when used stock as well.whenever you get tume just find a good mechanic to modify it to a chopper if you feel like.in my opinion keeping it stock is a better idea. its already so comfortable and beautiful. why do you need to change it to sumthing else?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks