Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Recomended showrooms for honda activa in Hyderabad

Hi All,
I'm looking for a gearless scooter like activa for city use during rush hour and such. I'm living close to narayanguda. I am looking for any nearby showrooms that forum members recommend as good from their own prior purchase experiences.
I have recently returned to India after a long stint in America and am just getting used to the roads in my hometown again !
Cheers
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:10   #2
BHPian

Pratul Honda in Somajiguda is the best!

Hey buddy! You have a showroom in Narayanguda for Honda, but I will not recommend that based on my experience with their servicing center. I would recommend Pratul Honda to you but it is a bit far for you, in Somajiguda.

I had problems with my Unicorn, which Pratul Honda handled beautifully and just one visit to them was enough to solve my problem while the service in the center at narayanguda was worst. They didn't understand the problem in the first place and 3-4 visits to them proved futile.

Hence, I would recommend Pratul Honda, Somajiguda to you. If you have problem locating, I will provide their number to you. Do let me know what you have decided.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:00   #3
BHPian

team-bhp "approved" showroom?? oh man! i know that there is a lot of customer feedback and experience posted here but imo this is taking it too far. chill dude. go check out a couple of showrooms and then decide because "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist"

well actually my point of contention is the caption of your post. rest is ok.

mods: have we become a certified rating agency yet?
Old 23rd September 2008, 05:01   #4
BHPian

Stay away from the Narayanguda Showroom/Service Station if you can.
If you give it in there, make sure you cross check the advisor's suggestions & ask in particular too top up battery water, clean the air filter, otherwise they just will not.

Read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/38575-trip-honda-service-station.html
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:05   #5
BHPian

autofin in himayatnagar ?

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the warning ! Appreciate the help. I will check out various showrooms and also talk to my neighbours (couple of them have activa).
Activa's design is so dated though that my heart really longs for a nice looking bike, but ease of use in city traffic is my ultimate goal.
Old 24th September 2008, 04:35   #6
BHPian

You can also check James Street/ Nr Paradise. I think its Hondafin.. not sure of its name.
Old 24th September 2008, 06:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
Activa's design is so dated though that my heart really longs for a nice looking bike, but ease of use in city traffic is my ultimate goal.
Go for Honda Aviator with Disk brake. Its worth the extra money and is the new benchmark in its class. If you are hungry for raw power in a straight line then go for Suzuki Access 125.

Last edited by Mpower : 25th September 2008 at 02:48.
Old 26th September 2008, 08:44   #8
BHPian

Mpower,
Yea disc brake and telescopic suspension are all fine but in hyderabad's traffic, I would rather go with sheet metal activa rather than fibre body aviator. Too expensive in case of any scrapes or accidents.
BTW there's a 4 month wait at various autofins in hyd and sec'bad for activa !
Pratul has a 75 day wait and that is the lowest I can find in Hyd. I need a two wheeler by the end of october so I have somwe decisions to make as to where to buy it.

Does anyone know whether I can buy the vehicle from somewhere else but get it serviced at the dealership of your choice (like himayatnagar) ? I'm thinking of buying it from some other area based on the lowest waiting period.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:03   #9
BHPian

Aviator is worth a thought. ~apparently~ even the mileage is better, (from whom have used both )

Quote:
Too expensive in case of any scrapes or accidents.
I dont know what its called, Get the metal bumper. helps keep the scratches away.

Quote:
BTW there's a 4 month wait at various autofins in hyd and sec'bad for activa !
Pratul has a 75 day wait and that is the lowest I can find in Hyd.
Go too a district dealer, some 20'ish km away from the city and you'd get it withing 3-5 days.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:28   #10
BHPian

Gendarmee,
Thanks for your posting. i saw other postings by you and some other members comparing activa to aviator. I will test drive both and decide.
I went to HMSI website and they have dealers only in khammam (other districts). They have a 30 day wait. RReddy does not seem to have any dealers. Khammam seems to have only a 30 day wait for activa and aviator may be around the same (?).
I have contacted some friends who seem to know some dealer. Will keep you guys posted about this wait saga.
Old 30th September 2008, 09:41   #11
BHPian

aviator mileage problems ?

Hi All
I talked to a couple of aviator owners(one former and one current) and they complained about mileage problems i.e. specifically they were getting in the low to mid 30's per litre.
It could be
a) inconsistent quality of scooters
b) driver issues
c) Engine tuning and size of tyres causing problems with mileage.

Either way it's not looking good for the aviator. I agree I have a woefully small sample size.
So can the present owners of aviator please step up and let us know how the vehicle is doing WRT mileage ?

Appreciate your inputs !
Old 30th September 2008, 16:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Getting in the low to mid 30's per litre.
Really? ~42 is what i came across.
Old 1st October 2008, 03:05   #13
BHPian

check out the Suzuki Access too
Old 2nd October 2008, 10:22   #14
BHPian

suzuki acess

@Gendarme
I'll get on it right away. I see a lot of them recently. Wonder what the mileage is and what kind of service problems it has.
I'll search around and see if anyone's written about any issues.

Thanks for the access endorsement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks