Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 15:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Aah, nice bike and really well-maintained.

However, the snaps do not do justice to this well maintained bike. Please do have better snaps taken and post them on the thread. Thanks.

Also, I would suggest you atleast ride it atleast once in a while for a few kms, instead of letting it stand idle.

My classmate in Kerala used to ride to school (11th Std or PDC as it was then) on a brand new one (same blue color) and man, he was the envy of all of us. For someone with parents in the Gelf, it wasn't such a big deal for him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
It somehow looks skinnier than I remember it.
Well, that could be because all the current day bikes are so fatso-ish in looks - the Pulsars, Unicorns, Apaches etc.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:58   #17

Well Well..I didnt know dad had put this up!! Nevertheless, i have had great memories on that bike!! I remember, dad used to come home from premier automobiles everyday by around 5 30pm, and mom and me would wait eagerly at the windowfor him. When he would arrive, we would instantly know as he had a distinctive horn signnal, and the bike had a distinctive exhaust note!! This bike will BEVER be sold, and no one but dad, me or my brother will EVER ride it.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2008, 15:59   #18
BANNED

Total nostalgia for me still i remember that time when we started hearing that roaring sound of "do engine aur do meter wala Rajdoot" than this small ring a ding beauti best in TVS lot still i remember this use to pump better power compared to later models from TVS it was around 8.25 BHP at 6500 RPM m i correct fellows? Later models started doing 7.8 BHP at 5500 RPM.
Wanna see this beauti personally mate, just to recall my old memories.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:46   #19
BHPian

we have a number of ax 100s in bangalore still, some in pretty good condition too (at least visually though not sure of engine viz). anyway, nice to see a genuinely well maintained one. what mileage does she give you behram?
Old 8th September 2008, 17:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dhabar you bough some good old memories back, even my uncle has one the 84 model but its red. he has changed the tank since it got rusted else the bike is great till now no work has been done on engine....amazing machine

Still remember of me waiting to get a ride on this machine(obv as pillion
Old 25th May 2010, 11:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dear Behram Sir,

Hats off to your passion for automobiles.

I have been eyeing an1984 IND-SUZUKI from the last 15 years, finally i may lay my hands on to this beauty in July end as the owner is turning 70.He is the first owner of this bike and has maintained it to its glory. It starts in half kick and has a better road grip than any bike of its times.I want this bike to be my birthday gift.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:35   #22
BHPian

good to see an old time beauty in great shape. congrats !.
well i had red Ax100 of 1985 make and i absolutely loved it and it had great punch and could pass over many other bikes ( except rx100 of old times ).

i sold it only because i dint like the 6 volts lighting it offered and the rear shocks was not comfortable for my mother.

my bike exactly had all the OEM parts that were made in japan and it had a peculier helmet lock fixed on the handle bar, the indicator had metal pipes look like RD 350 and the front instrument panel had a metal like trim at the bottom.

was very sweet sounding and gears were smooth. i enjoyed this beauty before shifting to the legendary rx100 (1987 make ).

i have the sportstar print ad of AX100 showing the red bike and the RX100 also with wine red colour ( i am not sure about the colour name ) will scan and post when i find a good scanner
Old 20th January 2011, 06:52   #23

Re: My 1984 Ind Suzuki Ax100

Was just going through some old thread when I found this. Since the last time I rode it, a couple of developments have happened. First and most importantly, I rode the bike for the very first time. The power is explosive, feels like it has a soul unlike my Dio which is just a machine at the end of the day...
Old 29th March 2011, 23:12   #24
BHPian

This may or may not be the right place to post an advertisement and the mods may delete it but it is definitely relevant.

IND-SUZUKI 1985 MODEL AJMER 1st BIKE, ONWER S.P.ARYA - Ajmer - Motorcycles - Scooters

I'm sure this thread has definitely got something to do with what the advertiser says.

Maybe he is reading this too!
Old 29th March 2011, 23:57   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
This may or may not be the right place to post an advertisement and the mods may delete it but it is definitely relevant.
IND-SUZUKI 1985 MODEL AJMER 1st BIKE, ONWER S.P.ARYA - Ajmer - Motorcycles - Scooters
I'm sure this thread has definitely got something to do with what the advertiser says. Maybe he is reading this too!
Ah, my first love! Appears to be in pristine condition. Should fetch good value among vintage enthusiasts.
Old 30th March 2011, 09:26   #26
BHPian

Learnt how to ride a motorcycle on the AX-100 many many years ago :-)
Old 13th April 2011, 16:27   #27
BHPian

Sir, you brought back sweet memories for me too!

I was just about 3 years old then and our neighbour had bought the IND-Suzuki, blue colored one.

I still remember my friend and I taking about how this bike can ride on just one wheel! (Fantasies of wheely had already griped both of us then!!!)

Whenever, my parents or relatives used to ask me which bike would I buy and bang used to come the answer susuki .. (I could not pronouce Suzuki well enough!!)

That is the only part of my childhood memory which is still like a clear glass.

Now I see a similar passion for bikes in my sisters son (Barely 1 and half year old). I have a Hero Honda Hunk and just by the horn of it, he recognizes that I am back home!! He just does not want to get down from the bike and admires the speedo console, the tachometer and he knows very well how to blow horn and button start the bike!!!

Long live the bike creed!

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2011, 21:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

I had this AX-100 in the exact color as that of the OP. It was my first bike bought in Dec'86 and sold Dec'88. I will search around for a photo and post it!
Old 13th April 2011, 23:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Found this: A Commerical of IND-Suzuki AX100

deepclutch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 10:37   #30

Just bumping this thread because of this! Even I did not know this existed!!

Business.in.com - Behram Dhabhar learnt to ride a bike on the AX100. His bike is now as old as his marriage - 25 years

Forbes India - "I won’t ever sell my bike for as long as I live"
Cyrus43 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks