Team-BHP - The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41553-yamaha-rx-thread-pics-9.html)

@Chiragh how much you pay for the reeds and manifold, where did you port the reeds ! let me guess did you send your barrel down to south ;)

If you feel uncomfortable posting here, please pm me.

hi all..
'm getting my rx 135 to bangalore:)

can any body please: direct me to the place where i can source the spares like classic turn indicators, chrome front mud guard etc in bangalore.

thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by somspaple (Post 1131696)
hi all..
'm getting my rx 135 to bangalore:)

can any body please: direct me to the place where i can source the spares like classic turn indicators, chrome front mud guard etc in bangalore.

thanks in advance

JC road is ok for what you are looking for..

but don't buy any engine parts from there.. all fake !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by praJEEP (Post 1131514)
@Chiragh how much you pay for the reeds and manifold, where did you port the reeds ! let me guess did you send your barrel down to south ;)

If you feel uncomfortable posting here, please pm me.

i sent my reed cage to down south to a friend , who will get the things done for me

i ve bought a rx 100 recently. after a bit of hard riding . it kinda dies down. it becomes less responsive and proabably less powerfull

the block isnt the original one , the bottom is the original japanese one.

is it because of the block? can i get an original yah one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_trooper (Post 1128121)
Did you change the triple clamp to a Pulsar's too?

I think that 'crash gaurd' would do more harm than it would protect. But that's just my opinion. Can you show us what the air filter looks like.

Just a single round tacho mounted looks good. :)

Triple clamp, top plate, mudguard, clamp etc everything from P200.

Well I have a tendency to crash a lot. so a bar helps :)

Hi,

I have few questions about the engine bore (RX 135)

1.how much 're-bore' would cost
2.do we need to replace the piston when rebore'd
3.is it a better idea to replace the complete set up instead of rebore

i searched around for this info on the forum - no luck
please: help me

1. 60 to 200 rupees depending on the expertise of the rebore-er
2. Yes
3. Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 1158131)
1. 60 to 200 rupees depending on the expertise of the rebore-er
2. Yes
3. Yes

thanks SunnyBoi.

does the RX 135 5 speed has different bore kit (mine is a stock 4 speed).
how much would it cost for complete makeover to 5 speed with new bore and other things.

My RX135.

Mostly stock, use if on long distance trips. Chamber helps add to the highway fun.

My RX has suddenly started leaking gear oil. It leaks up to a certain level and stops. The gears are still smooth though.

^^^ Which gear oil are you using? Is it a fully synth?

You just need to locate place where its leaking from (sometimes easier said than done). Just had this issue with my Shogun. Had to take it to the TVS ASC three times for the same problem. :mad: Changed all the oil seals... including the one for the oil pump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1360614)
^^^ Which gear oil are you using? Is it a fully synth?

You just need to locate place where its leaking from (sometimes easier said than done). Just had this issue with my Shogun. Had to take it to the TVS ASC three times for the same problem. :mad: Changed all the oil seals... including the one for the oil pump.

I'm using the Petronas Sprinta 2000 20W-50 mineral oil. Will be taking it to the mechanic soon.

This is My Rx - 1993, Bought it last year,
These are after the paint job.
I am facing a problem that the bike doesnt perform like a Rx. The top speed is 90 and the pick up is not great either. My piston is hardly 10000 kms old.

My mech says it's the block. I have already spent a lot on it.

I would like to know is if I change the block and the piston both would it be as gud as a Stock Rx- I have driven my friends stock Rx and she is really scary and fun :D.

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-image0101.jpg

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-image0105.jpg

Can any one tell me which is the best OE block and piston kit for Rx100 and where can I get it in mumbai and at what price. I desperately need to change.

The other day a pulsar guy cut me in when I was doing 90kph (max on my rx :-( ) and tried to provoke me by waving and asking me to come. I dont support street racing but even if I did I couldnt hav done much. Sorry if I have gone OT.

In what way have you spent on it?? Why do you want to change a 10,000 km young block without 1st making sure? Take a compression test at least, first!