Team-BHP - The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41553-yamaha-rx-thread-pics-38.html)

I have an Rx 135 with some piston slapping. I want to get it fixed and turn it into a dirt track bike. Anyone from Bangalore who has done this who can help/guide me?

Wow, really wonderful thread and wonder how I managed to be away from such an informative passionate thread. It was on a rainy day back in October 2005 that my dad sold off my RX 100 and I could only helplessly watch it being taken away. 6 years and 2 months later, I just got a 21 year old 'baby' to roar again from my garage.

:OTMy recipe for an ideal day: Waking up on a lazy, silent winter morning, you sit by the side of a window, scratching head thinking of what to do next. You stare and stare and stare straight into the mist which covers everything. Then, your ears pick up a faint sound and your brain pulls you to the left, ears sharpening to the sound (rather music) of an engine ambling along at 35-40km/ hr, in 4th gear. The ear tracks it, slowly, the left ear orientation shifts to middle..middle, middle, middle..then to right, right right..like a slow motion. What can be that sound? A man cruising along in a bike thinking just like you? - thinking of what to do next while riding a bike? Then your right ear sharpens up, trying to keep track of the fading sound. You only hear the sound for some time. Which engine sounds so? Which bike gives you the feeling of being a King atop the royal stallion ambling along to checkup the welfare of people as the people make way for you with reverence and admire the pompousness of the horse that gives the King more pride.

Wasn't it the RX 100 that just passed by? Now, you get an idea of what to do next. Get up to your RX 100 in the garage, fire up the ignition, slowly release the clutch and begin the journey. Well, you wouldn't be needing anything else to do, but ride on and on and on

I got the 'ride of my life' back or rather, I got back my 'LIFE'. Its my 'JOY' :D

Joy..is when a certain passion known by the evocative alphanumeric name gets back home after many years

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc_1173-copy.jpg

21 years. Old is still gold and evergreen :)

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc_1192.jpg

Adding a few pics of my RX135, 5-Speed.

Hey 4x4adict ! what speedometer and head light is it?

LOoks like a roadking dome with a pulsar classic beam? Those meters are from the latest 05/06 RX135s.

Here's my RX:

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-img_20111127_134807_edit0.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 (Post 2645001)

1. Replacing the fuel tank and side panels - Where can I buy these?
2. Replacing the rear shocks with Discover 135 endurance ones.
3. Replacing the headlight dome and the indicators
4. Replacing the front drum brakes with Pulsar fork and disc brake assembly - Any used ones that I can source?
5. New set of bolts

Hope this is not OT and will appreciate any pointers to get my bike into one good looking beast. Help me in getting it to it's old glory with some new stuff.

Ive seen and driven a few yamahas with the pulsar front forks and disc set up, theyre not too encouraging and need a lil modification when set up. Look arond for a set up from the cbz , the older genertion one. better stopping is another thing ive experienced while riding bikes with the cbz parts.

@sunnyboi I think yours is a big bore setup if I am not wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invincible7 (Post 2679233)
@sunnyboi I think yours is a big bore setup if I am not wrong.

yes it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 2654907)
Adding a few pics of my RX135, 5-Speed.

Firstly, very nicely kept. I can eat off of the chrome. I have a question, what kind of a disc setup is that? And how much did it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_u (Post 2663237)
Hey 4x4adict ! what speedometer and head light is it?

Speedo assembly is from the latest Yamaha RX135. Headlight is a Yezdi dome with Ambasador Grand reflector with 55/60 Halogens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma (Post 2679890)
what kind of a disc setup is that? And how much did it cost?

Thanks. Disc set up is from Yamaha Gladiator. you need replace everything upto the T-Stem. Going prices in coimbatore/chennai are about 5 to six thousand for set, including tubes, fork, disk, wheel hub, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 2680327)
Thanks. Disc set up is from Yamaha Gladiator. you need replace everything upto the T-Stem. Going prices in coimbatore/chennai are about 5 to six thousand for set, including tubes, fork, disk, wheel hub, etc...

Actually you meant the used one correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SriramEfunds (Post 2680459)
Actually you meant the used one correct?

Yes. Used ones. The problem is that even the used parts dealers have realized that there is need from RX owners for these forks and have pushed up the price. I got lucky as I new a person who was willing to swap out his front assembly with my drum brake assembly for a lower price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 2680327)
Speedo assembly is from the latest Yamaha RX135.

Is that a direct fit to the 5 speed? Was there any bracketing required or it got fit without any mods ??

Is there any genuine source available at Chennai / coimbatore for RX 135 spares?

I am in need of the cylinder head of 1998 RX 135 4 speed.

Help please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great (Post 2681167)
Is that a direct fit to the 5 speed? Was there any bracketing required or it got fit without any mods ??

There will be some tinkering work as the key now has the handle bar lock also. In the older set up, the ignition key is on the console and lock is on the frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangarx (Post 2681174)
Is there any genuine source available at Chennai / coimbatore for RX 135 spares?

You can source it from Dhanam. It comes in Original Yamaha box with hologram etc, but one can never say with 100% certanity that it will be original. RX135 4-Speed parts are more easily available than 5-Speed parts.