Team-BHP - The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41553-yamaha-rx-thread-pics-37.html)

Michelin M45 is a popular choice

I use Sirac on my RX with good results

MRF tyres except Zap C does'nt 've RX suitable sizes i guess.MRF may be more suitable for our roads if you see durability

M45 is no doubt offers good grip on both tarmac and wet conditions and I have it on ZMA. ALso you don't have exclusive M45 front tyres. However, I always thought RX is meant for all terrain, so went with Sirac Street which is good for On and Off road. Both F&B should costs around 3.5k depends on the city/dealers.

I have observed that there is oil leakage from my RX135. The source is where the gearbox side cover is bolted. The leakage is very slow and can be seen when the bike is parked for 2 days.

I think I need to replace the gasket to stop the oil leakage. I plan to do it on this weekend. Is there any precaution I need to take when doing it? What parts would I need? Can someone please help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzinblut (Post 2513098)
I have observed that there is oil leakage from my RX135. The source is where the gearbox side cover is bolted. The leakage is very slow and can be seen when the bike is parked for 2 days.

I think I need to replace the gasket to stop the oil leakage. I plan to do it on this weekend. Is there any precaution I need to take when doing it? What parts would I need? Can someone please help?

I had followed the method to learn if there are another reason to the oil leak when it happened on my RX.

Step 1: Waterwash the bottom part of the engine.
Step 2: Leave it idle in center stand for an overnight or long time.
Step 3: Identify where exactly you notice the oil leak.
Step 4: Possible post a snap shot.
Step 5: team-bhp members will be glad to give inputs.

On the other side if you had changed the gearbox oil recently, the drain bolt washer might have worn out, might as well get it replaced. But would advise to follow up with above procedure so that we could learn if there are any other areas that leaks and address the issue. Hope this helps!

Alrght Sriram. I'll do that and post the pics

Problem identified. It is leaking from the kick pedal. Looks like an O-ring replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzinblut (Post 2528176)
Problem identified. It is leaking from the kick pedal. Looks like an O-ring replacement.

Did you have time to replace the kicker oil seal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SriramEfunds (Post 2531072)
Did you have time to replace the kicker oil seal?

Not yet. May be this weekend.

With a new paint scheme. Had posted the earlier one before.

Here is mine-just brought her home after restoration.
she was lying idle for 3 years:Frustrati

Hi! I've got an RX-135 5-Speed, 2001model (ithink!!) LOL!! Uttaranchal Regn) though m frm Mumbai,,, 1st han,,, damn mean machine. I call her (It's always been a "she" as men cant be so mean!!) "Pyaasi Aatma" as she guzzles Petrol like there's no tommorow!! But,, she nevah let me down, even after I left her for 2yrs out in d open at Delhi,, She's like a damned Ak 47,,, ready to fire always!!

Hey guys, I've got an 86 model stock RX 100, she's 10 days older than me, completely restored and runs on the original 86 model Mikuni carb. , also replaced the silencer back to own of 86 make. My bikes gone from an original red, then a Honda red, then blue and now gonna go back to red, something like the Polo red.
And later about a 96 RXZ, cherry red. Pics are a not so recent.
Absolutely love the Yamaha experience.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: SMS Language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

This is my RX 100 totally unmodified or even touched up since I got her as a present from my dad in March 1989. I have just changed the rear shocks once and the battery to a 12 V since the original was impossible to find here. The rest is all as I got her from the showroom:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by superlux (Post 2619387)
This is my RX 100 totally unmodified or even touched up since I got her as a present from my dad in March 1989. I have just changed the rear shocks once and the battery to a 12 V since the original was impossible to find here. The rest is all as I got her from the showroom:).

For a 22 year old bike, you have maintained very well :). From the pic, I can still see Red paint stands out. At regular intervals, give her a good coat of wax polish so that aging is slow down considerably. There is metal polish from Collinite which would be more appropriate protect chrome parts. FYI.. these days, chrome parts quality that we get from showroom are pathetic that what it used to be from yester years.

I am new on TBHP and have been looking at various posts to gather details for my RX135 4-speed modifications. THis bike has been with me for the past 14 years and I haven't used it for the last 3 years as I was abroad. I just got the bike working and running in stock and it sounds really good. Now comes the part replacements that I intend to carry out. Reading so many posts and I am totally confused :(

The major issue is to find a good mechanic who knows what works and what doesn\'t for my RX135. The second one is where to source the parts from? Below are the things i Intend to change in the next 30 days. Budget is not an issue. I know there are lot of guys in Bangalore in this forum who has done this and would appreciate a couple of you to point me in the right direction and make that money well spent.

1. Replacing the fuel tank and side panels - Where can I buy these?
2. Replacing the rear shocks with Discover 135 endurance ones.
3. Replacing the headlight dome and the indicators
4. Replacing the front drum brakes with Pulsar fork and disc brake assembly - Any used ones that I can source?
5. New set of bolts
6. Wheels and Tyres - I now have 18 inches for front and the 16 inches for rear. Should I change the rear to 17 or 18? I feel that the bike is positioned low for my height and would like 17 or 18. but, I would also want a good broader tyres with sufficient road grip. Which tyres are the best and where can I buy them? I see a discussion on Michelin M45, not sure where is it available.
7. RDD CDI kit - IS this still available? I saw on RDDREAMS but couldn\'t figure out how to buy them. Can someone source it for me and point me to a mechanic who knows how to fit them. After reading through the forum, I definitely want one.
8. Speedometer - I don\'t like the stock one and would love to have the 2 circular consoles with the white dial. Where can i source it from?

Hope this is not OT and will appreciate any pointers to get my bike into one good looking beast. Help me in getting it to it\'s old glory with some new stuff.