Team-BHP - The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41553-yamaha-rx-thread-pics-24.html)

@Miki - Your motocross modification with the extended swing arm is provoking me to ask you several questions. Looks like a good work there. Looks to me like the frame at the rear is slightly bent on 7012009435.jpg; is that true?[/quote]
aargee thats not an extended swing arm.Its the rx stock swing arm strengthened & itz Hawkson custom motocross shocks made here in cochin .The rear chassis is also strengthened by tacking axiles inside it ,dont think it had a bend. The angle of the shocks has been changed for better working.both the rear shocks position hav different angles in both the pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by josejoseph (Post 1931478)
Miki, can you tell me from where did you source those head light covers?

it can be made locally from any uphostery shop in cochin .

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1931713)
Not to question your knowledge, but I'm sure it is not Minda/Lumax/Fiem. They look different. Though the one your motorcycle is my favourite, the so called "perfectness" ghost inside me doesn't allow me.

The headlight is definitely Minda. I'll take a pic and post it just for you when I go to the gym later.

The swingarm is local. Already arranged for an original one but will install it next month. I'll give an update about it once I do it.

@Straight6 - Ok, we'll see the pic; again, if it is with clear lamps then Minda doesn't make one or not available in Chennai. But if Minda makes one with clear lamps & available in Mumbai, boy, I'm going to send you some money to get shipped few of them here.

Quote:

The swingarm is local
Oh!!! so that explains as why it never fitted the chain guard. Let me know if you need any help to procure a OE swing arm as I know how difficult it is to obtain genuine parts. With great difficulty & a wait of over 3 months I was able to source one genuine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1932074)
@Straight6 - Ok, we'll see the pic; again, if it is with clear lamps then Minda doesn't make one or not available in Chennai. But if Minda makes one with clear lamps & available in Mumbai, boy, I'm going to send you some money to get shipped few of them here.

Oh!!! so that explains as why it never fitted the chain guard. Let me know if you need any help to procure a OE swing arm as I know how difficult it is to obtain genuine parts. With great difficulty & a wait of over 3 months I was able to source one genuine.

Its probably not available there but its easily available here. Will post the pic in the evening.

Already got an OE swingarm here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1931503)
You mean the ones on the 135 with catcon? Those are available locally & they're the RD's imitates. You should be able to source one through your regular mech.

i think it is a Roadking dome? it is metal right ? the RX100 domes are the best as they last a life time.even the RX135 domes break very easily. getting the OE spares are a matter of concern, even yamaha promissed to bring in fresh supply of spares in July, but looks like it is not coming !!!

Here are the pics of the headlight.

Thanks @Straight6, but I still find hard to believe that Minda is available in clear lamps. Probably I should think of getting one of those; still don't know why those models are not sold here. Thanks anyway for enlightening me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 1931628)
The Michelin is superb. I've cornered more on this than any other tyre. It really inspires confidence. Even the braking with the disc setup is superb. Any other tyre would probably lose grip under hard braking.

straight6, I have two RX at home. Both are having Michelin's in the rear. But I'm not much impressed with these tires. I find the grip same as other tires. Even the bike's pick-up has gone down when I changed to these tires. Only plus point is that the ride has become smooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki (Post 1931905)
it can be made locally from any uphostery shop in cochin .

Thanks Miki, I'll try it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgev (Post 1932182)
i think it is a Roadking dome?

George, I'm just talking about the fabric on the headlight. Not about the doom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1932724)
Thanks @Straight6, but I still find hard to believe that Minda is available in clear lamps. Probably I should think of getting one of those; still don't know why those models are not sold here. Thanks anyway for enlightening me.

Are these not the same as the headlights of TVS mopeds? I think it's a direct fit for the RX.

Thanks,
Jose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki (Post 1931253)
Guys nice to see a Thread for rx series!!clap: being a die hard rx fan,retired motocross rider.still hav them in my stablelol: i am posting my bikes pics!!Njoy

hey can someone tell me from where can i get the dirt bike modification kit. i live near delhi

thanks in advance
sajid

hi....
i have a RXZ 5speed 2001 model... i'm looking for its body parts for long tome.... is there any chance to get it any where in india?..

thx

@higautham - YMIS has almost dumpted RXZ parts; there're almost no parts for RXZ that you can find except for most common things such as fuel tap, meter assy (not the pilot lamps). Sorry to say, but, forget the fairings. Probably you can find people making a non-genuine fairings at local automobile market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by higautham (Post 1974692)
hi....

What parts are you looking for by the way.

OT: Hi gautham are you servicing ur bike in Madhu's garage, Uloor

Hi,

PF my RX100 pics for your eyes onlyclap:

@Siddharth - Sorry, I some how missed seing this thread. That's a beautiful RX you've there. I hope its completely stock. Did you get it painted or changed the parts? Pls try to get fit the OE Alfa Toyo RVM's to add more beauty. Thanks for sharing.