Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:42   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul20_6 View Post
I have to confirm if it has the original engine. I also guess that it is 1.34L kms as i know that he used this bike always.

Sorry for my ignorance. What is FC?
FC in short is for 'Fitness Certificate'. When you buy a new vehicle in India, the original FC is given for a period of 15 years. Thereafter, you need to get it renewed once every 5 years. Since last year, insurance companies have stopped providing insurance for vehicles which do not have their FC's renewed. Having both 'FC' and a valid insurance is mandatory.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:03   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
FC in short is for 'Fitness Certificate'. When you buy a new vehicle in India, the original FC is given for a period of 15 years. Thereafter, you need to get it renewed once every 5 years. Since last year, insurance companies have stopped providing insurance for vehicles which do not have their FC's renewed. Having both 'FC' and a valid insurance is mandatory.
Thanks for clarification
I need to check my bike have FC or not. I was not aware of that. But it has a valid insurance. That means it must be having a valid FC.
And also i have to pay the road tax for bike. Any idea how much will be the road tax.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:13   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul20_6 View Post
Thanks for clarification
I need to check my bike have FC or not. I was not aware of that. But it has a valid insurance. That means it must be having a valid FC.
And also i have to pay the road tax for bike. Any idea how much will be the road tax.
No idea but you cannot pay the road tax unless the bike has a valid FC and a valid insurance, so check up on that first. If you need to pay road tax again, that must mean that you are registering with a different RTO / state, which means you will have to get an NOC from your original RTO.

There are a lot of threads available right here on TBhp which deal with these issues, so do a search.
Old 27th November 2009, 01:02   #229
BHPian

RX-K (KING) cylinder kit needed

Hey guys. Does any one have a Yamaha RX King cylinder kit along with the art piston for sale? If yes please do leave a PM with your contact number and I shall call you as soon as I see the message. Im in a lil hurry to finish up my project so let me know asap guys.

cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th November 2009 at 09:24. Reason: Please use search and continue in an existing related thread. Thanks
Old 27th November 2009, 12:30   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
No idea but you cannot pay the road tax unless the bike has a valid FC and a valid insurance, so check up on that first. If you need to pay road tax again, that must mean that you are registering with a different RTO / state, which means you will have to get an NOC from your original RTO.

There are a lot of threads available right here on TBhp which deal with these issues, so do a search.
I have confirmed that my bike have a valid FC till 2010 end and valid insurance . Only tax I need to pay and it comes around 1300 plus
Old 1st December 2009, 16:15   #231
BHPian

i need to convert my RXZ's drum into a disc setup. Whats the cost involved? Can someone provide some insights?
Old 1st December 2009, 21:37   #232
BHPian

@balenopower, you can take the front end except the T-stem from gladiator which is a direct fit. Cost should be around 8K. Am not sure abt the exact price. But with this details if you can check in a showroom then the total can be known.
Old 4th December 2009, 02:03   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh-BKK View Post
Hi.

I just posted this also in another thread... didn't know this one exists Here are my two RXZ's.... both not quite in stock condition, the black one has a modified engine, too, bored up to 150cc with RXK piston and ported, it makes about twice the stock power and goes like stink even though it doesn't look fast at all due to the add-ons.... fastest i had was 193 km/h as per the digital speedo.

Both of them outfitted with rear disc brake, Kawasaki GTO head lights and LED tail lights and indicators (home made tail light/tail indicator LED setups).

The black one has a "Tsukigi" chamber pipe with a silencer from a Honda LS 125, this has good torque in the lower rpm's yet from 6,500 rpm up it REALLY kicks ***. It tops out at 14,000 rpm, sixth and last gear still 13,500 with 16/40 sprockets on stock 18" wheels. The pipe on the red one is from the much older RXZ model, this pipe is VERY silent and generates extremely good torque, yet little top-end. It tops out at 10,500 rpm, 9,000 in sixth gear with 16/34 sprockets on skinny 17" wheels.

The red bike has a modified stock air box with additional cone-type inlet filter (can be seen sticking out of the side panel), this together with a 225 main jet increases the torque even further.

The red one is further outfitted with a meter set from the 2008 RXZ model (imported from Singapore) and a front fender from a Honda Sonic 125 which fits the RXZ fork without any modification and matches perfectly with the 17" wheels. The speedmeter drive has been replaced by one from a Yamaha Mate which has 17" wheels stock to make sure the speedo shows correct values.

Both bikes are designed (paint scheme/stickers) in the 2007/2008 RXZ look even though they are 1994 respectively 1995 bikes.

Oh and they got names, too! The black one is "Bulldozer" for he keeps on plowing - 50,000 kilometers in less than three years under me, the meter now standing at 90,450 kilometers total. That bike was a poor heap of scrap when i got it. The red one is named "Destiny" for her destiny is to race - she will let the air burn on the track once i am done with her, aiming @ 180cc ultra-short-stroke (biggest bore the original cylinder liner can take, needs a custom made piston), 16-28 transmission and 240+ km/h.

I love my RXZ's and am aiming to have a third one one day - which will become a scrambler.

Kind regards.....

Thanh
neat collection.. and kudos for the mods, let us know how it turns up.

and i've noticed the frame on your bikes are a bit different to the ones in india, what's its wheelbase length??
Old 4th December 2009, 03:56   #234

Need help in getting my RX135 5Speed restoration

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a RX135 5Speed for around 22K, Its 2001 Model Single Owner has run around 40K Kms. Its in decent shape, but needs some repaint job and other body stuffs, i need help in getting a good mechanic who is trust worthy, helpful and economical in getting it back to stock condition, I am from bangalore. Will post the pics soon, so help me in getting my bike back to its original condition.
Thanks in advance.
Mohana.R
Old 4th December 2009, 05:53   #235

Hi

Hmm excuse me being stupid but how exactly would i measure the wheelbase, is that the distance front axle to rear axle? Please let me know and i will measure it

Jusdging by the look i would say the Indian RXZ is based very closely on the old RD 125, i.e. the frame has been taken completely and without modification from that bike. Also the Indian RXZ engine looks very much like that of such RD, except for the water cooling which is missing.

I have read that the Indian RXZ have only four gears? The type that i ride (Made in Thailand but called "Japan Type" because that is where they came from originally) has, in very early eyars, 5 gears and from 1992 or so they came with 6 gears stock, the five-speed one can very easily be modified to six-speed as the engine cases are the same.

This type of RXZ (like mine) is still being made, although by now it's look has changed somewhat, new type side panels, rear cover set, front cowl and lights/indicators. Also the newer ones (since 2005?) include a catalytic converter, however the engine remains unchanged and all of the new parts fit on an old bike without trouble, everything is bolt-on as frames etc are unchanged. Those new RXZ are available in Malaysia and Singapore and, i guess, Japan. Thailand stopped making them in 1996.

My black one has by now completed 92,500 kilometers on the odometer and is going strong as always.

Kind regards

Thanh
Old 4th December 2009, 19:37   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanar82 View Post
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a RX135 5Speed for around 22K, Its 2001 Model Single Owner has run around 40K Kms. Its in decent shape, but needs some repaint job and other body stuffs, i need help in getting a good mechanic who is trust worthy, helpful and economical in getting it back to stock condition, I am from bangalore. Will post the pics soon, so help me in getting my bike back to its original condition.
Thanks in advance.
Mohana.R
Congrats Mohana on the buy . Its really hard to find a RX in good shape and that too 5 speeds. You are lucky enough to find one. Please start a new thread once you start the rebuild. There are plenty of Bangaloreans with RX here and you will get the required help .
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:40   #237
Senior - BHPian

My RX100 (92 model)

Following are my RX100s details:-

month/year of purchase- Bought it second hand on Feb2009 original colour- Still in silver color(original)
Kms done- odo was not working and showed 24594 km when i purchased it. I bought this bike from one of my close colleagues.

I am planning to restore my bike soon. Not finding time due to work.
Please give your valuable suggestions on what all needs to be done on this bike.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-my-rx100.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 13:42   #238
Senior - BHPian

My RX100 (92 model)

Following are my RX100s details:-

month/year of purchase- Bought it second hand on Feb2009 original colour- Still in silver color(original)
Kms done- odo was not working and showed 24594 km when i purchased it. I bought this bike from one of my close colleagues.

I am planning to restore my bike soon. Not finding time due to work.
Please give your valuable suggestions on what all needs to be done on this bike.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-my-rx100.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 19:09   #239
BHPian

@spike arrestor : neat bike there. Congrats. Everything looks to be in shape. One regular service and engine tune up should be more than enough for it.
Old 24th December 2009, 13:14   #240
Senior - BHPian

I need a new chassis for my 135. Any ideas where I can get one in Bombay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks