Team-BHP - The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41553-yamaha-rx-thread-pics-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1411230)
Straight, whats the year of manufacturing on your Petronas bottles? Hope its not as ancient as 2005... which is what they tried to sell me here. :(

They are '07 and work just fine.

Are you sure its manufactured in 2007 and not just imported in 2007?

Its not at all easy to make out if its working just fine! If the oil starts breaking down, it will provide poorer lubrication which may not be immediately apparent, but can reduce engine life... and may also cause other problems. Generally, shelf life is said to be 4 years max... so better to be on the safer side.

I am looking forward on Buying a Yamaha RX100 or RX135 .I would like to know about the availability of Spares ,Especially in Kerala.Is it really tough to get critical spares? Isn't RX100 and 135 shares Common Spare Parts ,Mostly?

My 1994 RX100 bought in 1998(IIRC) during Engineering College days was sold out in 2002 after a long time of usage.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...aha-rx-img.jpg

me + my sis on my dad's '88 RX 100 :D

Pity I never got to ride it :(

@ deepclutch. everything apart from the bore kit ( or something like that) is available for the RX 100 as per dad's Yamaha mech. He's among the most experienced guys in tvm...

Just got Her..1998 RX-Z 4-speed. Earlier owner was a commuter, so kept it pretty well.Runs like a dream and pops the front under the slightest bit of provocation. Rebuild is on slowly. Tyres and discs are top priority as of now. Btw can anyone post the specs of this bike?

@balenopower: here is what I encountered in a google search.
Yamaha RXZ 135 Review, Yamaha RXZ 135 Price Quote , Finance Yamaha RXZ 135 , Comparison, Insurance - Automotive at MaxAbout.com

thanks deepclutch, but those are specs of the 5 speed model.Mine is a 4 speed.Power ratings were diffi assume.

hey guys!! i plan to purchase a new rx but am confused between the rx100 and the 135. i have heard from many people that the rx100 is "better" than the rx135 in terms of performance. can anyone explain this to me???

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 1444246)
hey guys!! i plan to purchase a new rx but am confused between the rx100 and the 135. i have heard from many people that the rx100 is "better" than the rx135 in terms of performance. can anyone explain this to me???

RX100: RX135:

1. 11 BHP 11.8 BHP

2. 4 Clutch Plates 5 Clutch Plates

3. Better Bottom end Power Better Mid Range

4. Less Fuel Economy Little Better

5. More fun to ride !!!!!

Hehehe ....

Bet u guys will never even have seen something like this .....

Got it from a Yamaha dealer in Thane ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 1411254)
Are you sure its manufactured in 2007 and not just imported in 2007?

Its not at all easy to make out if its working just fine! If the oil starts breaking down, it will provide poorer lubrication which may not be immediately apparent, but can reduce engine life... and may also cause other problems. Generally, shelf life is said to be 4 years max... so better to be on the safer side.

Its imported and manufactured in '07. I go by feel and it feels awesome. Prajeep is also using it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 1444590)
RX100: RX135:

1. 11 BHP 11.8 BHP

2. 4 Clutch Plates 5 Clutch Plates

3. Better Bottom end Power Better Mid Range

4. Less Fuel Economy Little Better

5. More fun to ride !!!!!

which of the 2 bikes are you referring to here???
also, is the rxz as competent as the rx100s and 135s??

Hi sorry for hijacking the thread.

I am posting my Yamaha RX100 pics.
Got her for 13k ,2 years back and spent around 25 k. your feedbacks plz

Pics are

forgot to attach the pics:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 1444901)
which of the 2 bikes are you referring to here???
also, is the rxz as competent as the rx100s and 135s??

RX 100 = 11 bhp, 4 clutch plates, better all round performance, Li'l less fuel economy

RX135 = 11.8 bhp, 5 Clutch plates, not-so-good bottom end, Li'l better economy

RX100 = More fun to ride.