Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2005, 05:43   #1
BHPian

What is a good Beginner Bike?

So after much discussion...ive decided to get a bike in teh begining for commuting to and from school. Maybe i'll get a car later or something. What do you recommend for soemone who's a beginner; i was looking at maybe either a Bajaj Pulsar 180 or a Karizma, but i could also go for a CBZ or somethin. My cousin has a Yamaha RXZ and my mama has a old RX100.
Old 15th February 2005, 14:54   #2
BHPian

All the bikes u mentiones are good!! RX100 for a begineer bike would be good.. One of the yam machines in india that i respect.. Dont like the new generation yams here..... Then once u are comfortable with it you can move on to bigger meaner machines.... Wat say??
Old 15th February 2005, 16:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

what exactly do you mean by a good beginner bike.do you mean a bike to learn on or a bike to start riding (incase u already know hot to ride properly)cause some of these new powerful bikes like the pulsars and unicorns if you raise a liittle extra and leave the clutch to fast you might find yourself doing a weelie(which will also be the case in a rx 100) but not that much.an enticer on the other hand will not go up easily and so that would be a good one.

on the other hand the rx100 is more used to a bit of clutch ware so if u ride on the clutch some times(beginners normally do) then it wont be much of a problem but if you do that in some of the new bikes u might be looking at a service bill of about 3000 after a few months
Old 15th February 2005, 16:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

Cali man, these are all pretty much beginners bikes! 15-17 hp is not enough to scare anyone, so if your budget allows, just go straight for the Zma, or if you want a cruiser (and more headaches) get the Bullet.

It will take you a few hours max to learn to ride. And it will take you the same amount of time to get bored with anything slower than a CBZ!!
Old 16th February 2005, 05:44   #5
BHPian

i think im gonna practice first on my cuz's bike (the RXZ)...then get a ZMA...i pick up things preety easily, so learning to ride should take me a couple of hours and i'll be set. BTW, is the ZMA sold in any other country, or is it exclusively for india?
Old 16th February 2005, 20:12   #6
BHPian

I would say learn on RXZ or an RX-100, as these bikes weigh a lot less compared to a Karizma or a Pulsar 180.

Compared to the more powerful Jap bikes sold in US, the Zma is no match. But, then again the Zma weighs around 150kgs DRY, so you're gonna drop that bike. Get your balance and skills improved on the RX before moving on to the Zma.
Old 16th February 2005, 20:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

ZMA/ CBZ Pulsars are also sold in Srilanka, dubai, bahrain etc tho they are used for pizza delivery
Old 16th February 2005, 21:09   #8
BHPian

Likewise, the Qualis, which is sold here was put into to service in africa half a decade ago and is used for rural public transport. The Ceilo sold here is a taxi in NY and so is the Corolla, ofcourse without the face lift that we get here.

Last edited by Akkiben : 16th February 2005 at 21:13.
Old 16th February 2005, 21:15   #9
BHPian

well ........ if you know how to ride & thinking of buying your 1st bike .....i would suggest a royal enfield ......
Old 16th February 2005, 21:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, of all the bikes u mentioned, there shouldn't be any problems learning on........... But, i would suggest a four stroke over two stroke.... the RX's or any two strokers, they are ever ready to pop wheelies. But, they are fun to ride.
Old 16th February 2005, 23:28   #11
N.J

oooppssss....... i am not used to any bikes in india and i wanted to book a comet!!!!
Old 16th February 2005, 23:56   #12
Team-BHP Support

Can't book a Comet now. However, you could try and buy one off a dealer. Stocks should be coming in now.
Old 17th February 2005, 15:23   #13
BHPian

sanket12, Bullet for a beginner?!!!! Well, i learnt on one but to buy a bullet and then learn to ride, i really dont agree... Learn on a rx9not u's so be careful), and lookout for the odd wheelies... Then once u r confortable, bullet is the bike to have....

NJ, u still want to have a comet?!! just dont hurry on to it.. Think again!!

[P.S: Looks like i just dont want u to buy the comet]

But u'r really into it, then just go for it.. What else do I say...
Old 17th February 2005, 15:30   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NJ, u still want to have a comet?!! just dont hurry on to it.. Think again!!

[P.S: Looks like i just dont want u to buy the comet]
Hmm...not a fan of the Comet Vin?
Old 17th February 2005, 15:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Learn on RX and migrate to Bullet?

Better would be learn on RX, drive an RX and if you are bored (which I doubt), ride a RD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks