Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 12:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
hey prajeep i really liked that speedometer, how much and where from??
Sohail this is the stock speedometer, you can see these type of speedometers in 2004 model and above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Nice bike praJEEP, congrats!! Hope to see you sometime along with your new ride!
Thanks gopz, sure will meet some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Stock tires are not all that bad. On a ride to Amby Valley I leaned the bike over more than I thought I could ever lean the RX. Actually, I was surprised that I didn't crash!
Well i agree with you here, i did a similar turn near kanteerva stadium a u turn which actually leads to mallya hospital. i was really surprised by the output of the stock tyres.
Old 9th April 2008, 16:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Stock tires are not all that bad. On a ride to Amby Valley I leaned the bike over more than I thought I could ever lean the RX. Actually, I was surprised that I didn't crash!
Thats the difference, change your tier to 100/90 and you will be taking the same turn with lot more confidence.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Thats the difference, change your tier to 100/90 and you will be taking the same turn with lot more confidence.
But you see I was confident because I was prepared to crash. The road didnt have a single small pebble on it. With pebbles, even an SBK tires are useless so size wont make a difference to that extent.
Old 10th April 2008, 23:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
... size wont make a difference to that extent.
Tire compound and trade pattern also make difference along with size. Its not size alone, there will a collective effect of all these factors on road grip.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:46   #35
BANNED

Keep everything stock and try to upgrade the ignition first, later on porting with upgrade of piston, cranck rod and clutch plates.
Google it for more details on ignition upgrade.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Keep everything stock and try to upgrade the ignition first, later on porting with upgrade of piston, cranck rod and clutch plates.
Google it for more details on ignition upgrade.
Why should one upgrade the ignition first?
Old 11th April 2008, 10:34   #37
BANNED

As a start up and 2 strokes makes a lot of diffefence with variable ignition timing(i think you must be knowing it better), rest is bit costly so good for later on and anyways his engine is in good running condition so no point in upgrading those things as a now.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Yes true. But till he starts modifying the engine and take it outside the stock operating RPM and powerband range there's no real need for an advanced digital cdi.

It's a necessity once the engine has been worked upon and starts going way beyond 8krpm.
Old 15th April 2008, 10:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes true. But till he starts modifying the engine and take it outside the stock operating RPM and powerband range there's no real need for an advanced digital cdi.

It's a necessity once the engine has been worked upon and starts going way beyond 8krpm.
Very well said my friend, i know you are going to kick me for the snaps which i was talking to you the other day. my friend i have lost my handset.

A small update, i have changed the headlamp assembly to maruti omni old type one's. thanks to v1p3r for providing tips. coil rewinding and philips rally 100/90 bulbs coming soon.

Btw, any idea what should be the compression ratio, my bike is hitting b/w 100 to 110psi.

Last edited by praJEEP : 15th April 2008 at 10:32.
Old 15th April 2008, 10:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Get the coil winding done at Ruby electricals near Lalbagh gate (the gate near the urvashi).

Did you have to change the headlamp housing to mount the Omni reflector?

I was using Swaraj Mazda headlamp (round type) inside the small stock headlamp case. And it was really powerful. The small reflector aiding to focus the light beam and intensity.
Old 15th April 2008, 10:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Get the coil winding done at Ruby electricals near Lalbagh gate (the gate near the urvashi).

Did you have to change the headlamp housing to mount the Omni reflector?

I was using Swaraj Mazda headlamp (round type) inside the small stock headlamp case. And it was really powerful. The small reflector aiding to focus the light beam and intensity.
Now thats realy intresting whats the cost of the mazdas assembly, will do the coil winding at ruby only as i know him very well. what bulbs were you using.
Old 15th April 2008, 11:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Now thats realy intresting whats the cost of the mazdas assembly, will do the coil winding at ruby only as i know him very well. what bulbs were you using.
Around 120 bucks for the Mazda's Autopal unit.

I got the winding done for 55/60. I was using philips 55/60 bulbs,
Old 15th April 2008, 12:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have always wanted to upgrade the headlight of the RX but somehow everyone I asked here in Bombay said it won't happen because the bikes battery is too weak. I wanted to install HID's on the bike. I was told by one guy on X-bhp that installing a coil kit of an RD-350 will help and it costs around 4k.

I'm thinking if you guys have upgraded the headlight enough to handle 55/60 & 100/90 bulbs then it should be able to handle HID's(35 watts). Any suggestions and inputs are really welcome. I'm really looking forward to upgrading. Also, does anyone know where I can get it done in Bombay?
Old 15th April 2008, 14:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking if you guys have upgraded the headlight enough to handle 55/60 & 100/90 bulbs then it should be able to handle HID's(35 watts). Any suggestions and inputs are really welcome. I'm really looking forward to upgrading. Also, does anyone know where I can get it done in Bombay?
1) Simple switch over to mazda's or omni head lamp assembly. hid's would be handled way better.

2) remove the lighting coil and send it over to me via courier, i would get the rewinding done and new regulator and you can fix them up with some good auto electrical guy in your town.
Old 15th April 2008, 16:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Please post pics of what you have done so I can get an idea of the headlight assembly. Which Mazda are you referring to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks