Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:43   #31
BHPian

I would advice you to go for avenger.riding bullet in traffic is hectic.back pain will be very minimal in avenger and bullet and my vote goes for avenger
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Bungee net doesnt work with voluminous bags in place. Am thinking of a side box instead.

That being said, extending backpack straps' length to ensure backpack rests on pillion seat ensures no weight on the back whatsoever. or so i feel
Depends on how well the bag is designed. With the right backback, you wont feel the load. I use a Case Logic backpack (after trying to get Karachi thru the Yeti) which I can use comfortably all day long despite having a really bad back. I roamed the Auto Expo happily with a camera 3 lenses, accessories, a laptop, chargers and the like for the whole day. At the end of the day Zak offered to take the bag off my back and he was quite surprised at how weightless it seemed!

Get the right case and you wont have problems with carrying a backpack. They tend to be expensive, but are worth every penny.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

hmm, steer offers the other spectrum. I normally prefer to spend more on trekking bags but yes, a good laptop bag should offer no weight.

But steer, my point is thoda ulta. Pulsar, I am slightly bent forward.Then delhi's horrible roads, potholes and everything else. net to net, the laptop bag ends up putting some weight on shudders/braking/potholes. making it rest on seat works just fine for me.

but interesting option, its time for a new bag soon. Time to check that aspect as well - thanks
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:37   #34
BHPian

Sir, the short answer to your question is no such bike exists. The best seating posture for your back is when your thighs are at an angle greater than 90 degrees to your torso. That posture automatically puts your spine in the right position. To achieve this riding position, your leg rests must be in the same line as your buttocks and the handlebar must be tall.

Any other position will cause you to hunch.

Please check this link

Balanced sitting posture on forward sloping seat
Old 4th February 2008, 16:26   #35
BHPian

May sound strange, but splendor is the best when it comes to ride comfort atleast in my opinion.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bill dont think much about FE when deciding on a bull, AVL engine would give about 40+ that is Thunder bird , Machismo..You will have to change the stock seats as they are not comfy..

about maintenance my 500 has not been serviced for last 7months, have done over 5k kms..
Old 4th February 2008, 19:27   #37
BHPian

I can suggest three different segments and best from each.

1. RE Electra / TB
2. Avenger 200 / 180
3. Honda Unicorn
Old 5th February 2008, 07:35   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Please avoid the Pulsar at least. The ride quality of Pulsar is very harsh. I own a P-150 since last 2.5 years. From hearsay, what I know is Unicorn's ride and handling, both are excellent. And Honda bikes are known to have good ergonomics and sound human engineering. Please TD it once.
Pulsar(with gas shocks) is not having a harsh ride quality. I agree that Pulsar is having a sporty riding position while Uni is having a commuter position. The ride quality is slightly harsher on Unicorn compared to Pulsie !

And remember, Pulsar is not having any bad handling !

Coming back to the question...

I would recommend Electra/Thunderbird/Avenger for long rides.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:37   #39

Guys,

If you have a back problem.

pls

pls

keep off MOTOR CYCLES
Old 5th February 2008, 19:46   #40
BHPian

i would recommend the thunderbird over the avenger anyday though both are comfortable for long distances.but a bullet is a bullet.no comparisons.
Old 5th February 2008, 20:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Been using Bullet and A rx 100 for ages now no back pain ever at the end of a 300Km trip feel a bit on the RX but not in Bullet...
Old 7th February 2008, 06:54   #42
BHPian

Guys thank you for your responses. Saw couple of responses which says Unicorn is a comfy bike. I wonder if Mono Shock does its work on Indian roads.
Old 7th February 2008, 08:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest a Thunderbird over the Avenger. You need to accustom to the seating position in an Avenger else you will get pack pain in Avenger too. I ride one so I know.

How good is Blaze?

Wont recommend a two wheeler if you have back pain. Troubleshooting back pain can be really painful and costly.

Why dont you rent a bike and do a inter city drive or so?
Old 7th February 2008, 08:42   #44
priyank

Mono shock is what is here to stay, dude bill1182, all the bikes would sport it very soon.

Old 7th February 2008, 09:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wont recommend a two wheeler if you have back pain. Troubleshooting back pain can be really painful and costly.
Depends on the condition.

IMNSHO, bikes are better for backs than most cars, unless you have a driver!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks