Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 13:03   #1
BHPian

Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994

Well ,the love for Yezdi dates back to ’98 when I had bought a CL-II & used it for two years out of which 1 year was as a student & one year as a working professional.I had to sell the bike as it used to guzzle away almost 50% of my salary in fuel. Had decided then that I would buy a Yezdi whenever my wallet would allow.Though the wallet situation became better in some time, other priorities took away the focus from the yezdi.

Few months back I saw a nicely maintained Yezdi Roadking on the way to my office & then decided to start the hunt.Google helped.There was this guy wanting to sell his Yezdi Roadking.Contacted him & fixed a weekend to check the bike out.I call him on a Sunday morning,he says he has changed his mind & doesn’t want to sell it anymore, while promising to find me a yezdi through his mechanic & also to offer his bike first to me, if he ever changed his mind to sell his bike.

I moved on to look for other bikes, couldn’t find a good one within my budget.Either the bikes on offer were too expensive or heavily modified to an extent that they lost the charm of an original yezdi.

Last week called him up again to take his mechanic’s contact details & Guess what!!!
He says its strange but he wanted to contact me over the weekend to inform that he has changed his mind again & wants to sell the bike.I went the same afternoon to meet him before he changes his mind again!!

Saw the bike, took a test ride.liked it & yesterday picked it up from him.

Now about the bike :

It’s a Yezdi Roadking 1994 model, 2nd owner (I will be the third owner).black colour, original paint, of course its faded ,with rust here and there.the engine seems to be in ok condition.(Im not an expert on this).

Electricals are fine,lights,indicators etc.the prev owner had changed the battery few months back.Tyres & tubes are new.No mufflers,he had removed them.I like it that way too.its loud!! Insurance is valid till dec 08.PUC valid till jul08.I also got the original bills & the brochure of yezdi roadking.it used to cost 28k those days.

Issues Discovered till date :

On my way back home I filled petrol & while riding from the bunk I was getting strong smell of petrol, on reaching home I looked at the tank, & it was leaking!!! From the middle right side under the decal.

Need help form Team-bhpians on the following :

1.how to solve the tank leakage problem? any place in Bangalore I can source a new tank from?is the leakage repairable? Will the tinkering/painting guys be able to fix it?

2.Will have to get the FC done next year as the bike will be 15years old!!.what all should be done before we take it for FC?

3.I do plan to get the bike painted & chromed, any reliable place in Bangalore? Any idea of the costs involved?
Old 21st January 2008, 13:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

RoadKing is a good one and have fun and drive safely and BTW, whats the FE ? Just inquisitive
Old 21st January 2008, 17:06   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition!!Would really appreciate some pictures bro.

Last edited by devil_in_flesh : 21st January 2008 at 17:07.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:35   #4
BHPian

Hey, I met a mechanic who I'm giving my bike to for minor repairs (like that damned fuel tap!), who hsa a few old yezdi's lying around in his yard. I'll check out the place today, and ask him if he can fix a cracked tank.. otherwise we could just rob the old bikes of some of their parts... I wanna get the original handlebars - the one's that have the clutch/brake mount pre-fabricated onto the handlebar... if you see one, lemme know! And pictures! :-D
Old 21st January 2008, 20:39   #5
BHPian

Hi

Nice To Hear That u found your dream bike. The roadking is a very nice bike. Lot of torque & power.

I too own a Yezdi 87'. I recently found one Jawa in decent condition lying unused in a building parking lot. But was unable to trace the owner. Will definately buy that if i get a chance to.

Heres the pic.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats,ad75! Good to see more Roadkings on the forum..
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:34   #7
BHPian

@vj -hehe, you dont buy a roadking for FE.didnt check the FE.should be around 30.

@devil - thanks dude, the bike is full of dust will wash it over the weekned & then take pics.

@aveek - pls let me know if you could get any solution to the tank leak issue.pics - as mentioned above.

@shreeram - this surely is my dream bike.the torque/power & the beats is what you own a Roadking for.the java in the pic looks ok.check the mechanicals.should be a good buy.

@nitin - thanks dude
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats dude !!

and please ask around if anyone of them has an engine block.....
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Try to get in touch with Prasanth. Maybe Sankar can help.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Try to get in touch with Prasanth. Maybe Sankar can help.
Who and who ?

20-20-20
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

congrats ad75. Roadking was my dream, never got to own one though. I had a classic for a very very long time & had the most unforgettable moments of my life on it. Here's hoping you have the same too.
cheers
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:43   #12
BHPian

Dude,

That is a fun bike to ride.

Clean her up and have a ball.

For now, empty the tank, and mseal the leak

Vijay

Last edited by prabhuav : 23rd January 2008 at 11:45. Reason: missed a line
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:32   #13
BHPian

@nikhil - thanks dude - i have pmed you please check.

@jk - contact whom?

@e_l - thanks john, you still can own an rk.wouldnt be expesive to buy one.finding a good one will be challenge though.

@prabhuav - thanks , will try to get it checked by a mech if nothing works, its mseal for the tank.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:44   #14
BHPian

ad75

Plugging a leak in a petrol tank is a lengthy affair. You have to empty the tank, flush it with water a couple of time, scrape the paint off, then weld the leak shut, get the water out of the tank then paint it.

With mseal, you can still do it with a few cc of petrol in the tank and you can do a paint over if you do not have the time for the permanent solution.

I did this to my Honda Cb750. Worked like a charm

Vijay
Old 25th January 2008, 11:37   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post

Need help form Team-bhpians on the following :

1.how to solve the tank leakage problem? any place in Bangalore I can source a new tank from?is the leakage repairable? Will the tinkering/painting guys be able to fix it?

2.Will have to get the FC done next year as the bike will be 15years old!!.what all should be done before we take it for FC?

3.I do plan to get the bike painted & chromed, any reliable place in Bangalore? Any idea of the costs involved?
Congrats on your new bike dude!

I own a few Jawa/Yezdis amongst them is a roadking, a jawa 350 and a classic Jawa 250 (marron with CZ imprints one of the first few imports).

There is a really good mechanic for Jawa, Addu Bhai in Maruti Seva Nagar (its near Banaswadi). His shop Reliant Auto works is in the lane right next to the bus stop, opposite to the BP Bunk.

You can also call him @ 2547 8279

While this guy is good and will be pretty much able to source any part for a Jawa (unless its like super rare), He gets a bit lazy sometimes so you will have to really sit on his head and get the work done. Otherwise his work is really good.

Considering his speciality with Jawas/Yezdis he is not uber expensive either.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Raj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks