Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 19:51   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Finally taken the plunge---it is the Access 125

Walked down to the Suzuki showroom this evening with wife and kids and paid Rs 1000 booking amount for a new Access. Full amount including registration and accessories is around 53600/-. Delivery was promised in 10 working days.

I could have done the registration myself and saved a few hundred rupees, as the showroom charges Rs 800 for it. But my recent experience with the RTO, Khairatabad for getting my car's hypothecation lifted made me go the dealer route for registration.

It was a tough call between black and grey (with a bluish tinge, which is a new colour). Daughter wanted grey, but son was strongly advocating black, as the chrome on the guards would contrast more with black. Had to intervene to break the deadllock. Final choice---grey. I pacified my son that the scooter would be registered in his name (my daughter is below 18, so can't have it in her name), so at least the colour should be her choice.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:28   #1202
Senior - BHPian

I took the Access test ride. Felt ok, Immediate delivery for Black, white and pink. Little bumpy as people said. Very powerful. Not used to powerful scooters. Fit and finish could have been better. 51K on road

Activa is available immediately for 49.6K plus 3.5K premium and 1K of accessories. Just thinking if its worth the additional investment.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:03   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys

Have all Kinetic Honda dealers switched over as Mahindra dealers? or do some Kinetic dealers remain.

Who is providing support for the Kinetic products like Marvel, Flyte etc.

At one point of time Kinetic had the biggest dealer network for scooters.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:49   #1204
Senior - BHPian

"Mere Wish ho jagega poori" shortly. Got an Access 125 today. Delivery after registration hopefully on Saturday. Most colours readily available. I didnt see the value in spending 5-6K more as premium for the Activa.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd June 2010 at 21:51.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:02   #1205
BHPian

Why are all Kinetic dealers shifting to Mahindra.

Does Kinetic not exist in India any more ?
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:10   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hi Guys

Have all Kinetic Honda dealers switched over as Mahindra dealers? or do some Kinetic dealers remain.

Who is providing support for the Kinetic products like Marvel, Flyte etc.

At one point of time Kinetic had the biggest dealer network for scooters.
At least in basavanagudi, & indiranagar, the kinetic dealers have become Mahindra. But fortunately for us they still did the last free service of the Flyte in their service center. The SA also said that they would service Flyte no problem. Not sure of the marvel though.
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:22   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Why are all Kinetic dealers shifting to Mahindra.

Does Kinetic not exist in India any more ?
Kinetic 2-wheeler division was taken over by Mahindra about a year ago and both their scooters have be re-stickered and reanamed. Rodeo is just a Flyte with a new name.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:07   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
dont understand how come it takes them so long for delivery
Its just a marketing gimmick, the long delivery time quoted was during the plant strike days and its still being used by the dealers just to show that the Scooter is in demand, trying to build the frenzy. When I was told about the same I wrote to Honda on their website who made the dealer give me Activa whinin 20 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Walked down to the Suzuki showroom this evening with wife and kids and paid Rs 1000 booking amount for a new Access. Full amount including registration and accessories is around 53600/-. Delivery was promised in 10 working days.
Congratulations on the Access. You have made a good choice. hope your children drive it safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
"Mere Wish ho jagega poori" shortly. Got an Access 125 today. Delivery after registration hopefully on Saturday. Most colours readily available. I didnt see the value in spending 5-6K more as premium for the Activa.
You mean Activa is costing more than Access in your city?

Last edited by Mpower : 4th June 2010 at 20:56.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:18   #1209
BHPian

I do own a Mahindra Flyte and whenever I visit the service station (on Old Airport Road, near Leela Palace), I could see lots of old Kinetic vehicles getting serviced including Kinetic Honda, Nova, etc. So I don't think servicing Kinetic vehicle is an issue, may be number of service centers are less.

Rodeo & Flyte are two different products with two price tags from Mahindra. Rodeo is an enhanced model of Flyte with digital display, mobile charger, storage space lighting etc, at around 5k difference.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:35   #1210
Senior - BHPian

All Kinetic vehicles are serviced at Mahindra service station here which was in fact a Kinetic showroom/service centre in the past. Spare parts for this old vehicles also available through them.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:06   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its just a marketing gimmick,

I wrote to Honda on their website who made the dealer give me Activa whinin 20 days
I was told that the delivery for a Honda Activa will be a minimum of 3 months and 4 months for white color. I think Honda is losing customers by playing those gimmicks. When Suzuki is delivering Access at half that amount of time and a equally good ( if not better ) vehicle customers will naturally buy it unless one is specific about buying Activa.
Went and booked a Suzuki Access and will be getting delivery on Monday but it also took about 45 days.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:16   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
I was told that the delivery for a Honda Activa will be a minimum of 3 months and 4 months for white color. I think Honda is losing customers by playing those gimmicks. When Suzuki is delivering Access at half that amount of time and a equally good ( if not better ) vehicle customers will naturally buy it unless one is specific about buying Activa.
Went and booked a Suzuki Access and will be getting delivery on Monday but it also took about 45 days.
I agree with you---I am one of those who diverted to Access as I could not wait for 4 months.
But how come Access took 45 days for you----I have been promised delivery in 10 days. Let me see how long it takes.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:39   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Kinetic 2-wheeler division was taken over by Mahindra about a year ago and both their scooters have be re-stickered and reanamed. Rodeo is just a Flyte with a new name.
Thanks for the information.

Its a shame really.

Will this mean there will be no more Luna's Produced??
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:06   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You mean Activa is costing more than Access in your city?
With sub dealer premium, its close to 55K. I would rather spend that premium on fuel for the next few months. So choose Access. ABT Suzuki had the Access in ready stock. Almost all colours. 51K on road, no pushing for accessories, schemes etc

I just selected the colour after physically checking it and noting the Chassis and engine nos. I paid full cash down and expecting it to be registered and delivered by Saturday. Dealer offered to give the vehicle immediately, but I refused.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:54   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am one of those who diverted to Access as I could not wait for 4 months.
But how come Access took 45 days for you
Same here, even I could not wait for 3 or 4 month and went and checked out Access and was quite happy with it. Well regarding the 45 days delay, they said if I pay up the whole amount i.e 51600 rs ( without accessories ) only then they will deliver it within one month which could vary between say 20 days to 30 days depending on the stock. Since I was not in a hurry I paid a book amount of 1000 and paid the rest on 1st June so they promised to deliver it today but due to some RTO issue it got delayed it seems and they are going to deliver it on Monday.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks